Sunday, June 7, 2009

A GATHERING OF THOUGHTS...Sunday Inspiration



Today was a busy, hectic morning as I helped ready my love for a business trip to Virginia. My thoughts were on him being away and how much I detest him leaving for even a couple of days (thankfully my girl and her hubby are staying over to keep me company). My routine was disrupted by all the packing and planning and I barely had time to squeeze in a few minutes of quiet time. Can I be honest? I wanted to skip my morning devotional...just had too much going on and I felt stressed and hurried by the chaos.

When I heard the familiar sound of the shower head I decided to sit for a bit, drink my cup tea and try and meditate on the day God had placed before me. "It's going to be long and quiet..." I silently thought...

I picked up a tiny book I've enjoyed reading and out fell these words taken from Luke 12:23-28, 31-32... (From THE MESSAGE - Eugene Peterson)

"There is far more to your inner life than the food you put in your stomach, more to your outer appearance than the clothes you hang on your body. Look at the Ravens, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description, carefree in the care of God. And you count far more. Has anyone by fussing before the mirror ever gotten taller by so much as an inch? If fussing can't even do that, why fuss at all? Walk into the fields and look at the wildflowers. They don't fuss with their appearance~but have you ever seen color and design quite like it? The ten best-dressed men and women in the country look shabby alongside them. If God gives such attention to the wildflowers, most of them never even seen, don't you think He'll attend to you, take pride in you, do His best for you?

Steep yourself in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. You'll find all your every human concerns will be met. Don't be afraid of missing out. You're my dearest friends! The Father wants to give you the very kingdom itself. Be generous. Give to the poor. Get yourselves a bank that can't go bankrupt, a bank in heaven far from bank robbers, safe from embezzlers, a bank you can bank on. It's obvious, isn't it? The place where your treasure is, is the place you will most want to be, and end up being..."

Blessings to you as you embrace your worth and get to know the Most High...Rebecca

11 comments:

Barb said...

Dearest Rebecca, thanks for this. How you calmed my spirit down on this hurried Sunday.

Blessings to you and big hugs!
Barb

June said...

A wonderful thought for a lovey Sunday. Thank you for taking this time out of your very busy morning to bless us with this inspiration.
Hugs,
June

My Pink & Cream Cottage said...

Beautiful.....

Lyn xxx

blushing rose said...

What an absolutely wonderful inspirational piece. You were so kind to share this, taking time away from your busy-ness. Thought provoking. Hope hubby has a safe trip ... TTFN ~ Marydon

Unknown said...

Ahhhhh,
That's what my flustered soul needed today! God is so GOOD!

Blessings...Lorena

A Southern Rose said...

Rebecca,
This post is so true and it really hit home with me. My Sunday was a busy day because I had to work. Thats how it is in retail. I know that you know that. If I had my own store, I would be closed on Sunday. I do not like working on Sundays at all. However, I am thankful that I still have a job because so many people are getting laid off. If that happens to me, I know that that God will provide for me and my family.

Hugs to you,
Lee Laurie

Sue @ Not the Good Scissors! said...

Thank you for taking the time to share with us. I know how busy and hectic the days can be. It's like a constant chatter in the mind that won't let you get a moments peace. Your words today have provided a sense of calm and prespective.
Hugs and blessings, Susan

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Post.... I too "kiss" my Hubs goodbye as he is a trucker. He has driven for about 35 of the nearly 41 years we have been married. I still worry & worry about him, especially in the winter.
I Thank God every day for cell phones. I know that sounds stupid but it keeps me in constant touch with him if I need him. Sometimes just to say I Love You!
Retirement is not far away... I can hardly wait, even though trucking has given us a good life I am tired of it, wore out & I know he is too...
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

A Romantic Porch said...

Thank you for this wonderful reminder Rebecca! xo rachel

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Oh this fills my heart and brings tears to my eyes...

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

wonderful, beck. i got sad when i read the long and quiet part.

Blog Archive