Sunday, August 2, 2015

~THE VINTAGE BUTTON LOVER~

~VINTAGE BUTTON COLLECTION~

For as long as I can remember I've been fascinated with old buttons.  I've both collected and used them in my work for almost 30 years and have found it a bit frightening to watch my stash dwindle down to only a few jars.
I love embellishing pretty old things...like the vintage glove box you see above and the tattered lace purselet (petite tote bag) shown below!
With each new creation I pass along a few more of my treasured finds.
I love adding them to newly designed pillows and Christmas Stockings, too!
Earlier this year I once again cleaned up and re-organized my studio.  With every tag sale I attend I bring new vintage-finds into my work place and that means I'm constantly having to straighten things up! I've used up so many of my vintage mother-of-pearl (shell) buttons that for the first time in years I've had to be choosy about the buttons I let go of...
  And so...you can imagine how incredibly fabulous it was to stumble upon a sale yesterday where I found bags and bags and bags of vintage shell buttons.  
There were large, medium, small, tiny, two hole, four hold, shank, carved and smooth buttons...
I couldn't believe it.  I ended up purchasing about 20 pounds of absolutely pristine buttons...never used.  They were acquired by a private individual when an old American button factory was auctioned off a few years ago...

I continue to find it absolutely incredible when I'm led to the very thing I'm in need of.

I still don't believe in coincidences...

No...

My steps will always be directed by
the One who brings me peace, joy and strength.
The Holy One.  The Most High.  My God.

~~*~~

Sorry to be MIA for the past couple of weeks.  Been busy creating all the things I love.

Blessings and love to you this Sunday...

10 comments:

Lululiz said...

What an amazing find, all those wonderful buttons, wow wow wow.

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous buttons and your creations are lovely! Hope you're doing well.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

20 North Ora said...

oh, what glorious buttons. Doesn't that thrill you to find something like that. It sure does me.

Judy

Deanna said...

Becky Sue, You are a blessing! Lovely work you create. Neat about all the pretty unused buttons. That's fantastic. You'll put them to good use. Blessings and may the rest of the Summer be a delight for you. Think your Kitchen is gorgeous.
All the best,
d

Theresa said...

I love buttons too:) My Granddaughters will bring me a button that they found to add to my collection! Have a blessed day dear friend! HUGS!

Lisa said...

What a find! Can't wait to see all the beautiful things you will make with them!

Bente said...

Your creations are so beautiful.
Hugs from here

White Lace and Promises said...

I know you were excited to say the least! I would have been too. Over the weekend I bought an old window that was in great shape with already great patina. It's unusal with 3 larger than 8x10 panes. It will be perfect for my 3 grands. I think I'm gonna back the photos with burlap. I may look at some of the things you do with lace for ideas on how to embellish it. I may even use some buttons:)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What an amazing find!! And your creations always leave me breathless!! Hope all is well with you and yours..

hugs,
Deb

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,
Amen to that, often we feel like a magical hand from above puts us in a spot where we find treasures!
You really hit the jackpot and how incredible they end up in your hands.
Sending you summer hugs,
Mariette

Blog Archive