Wednesday, September 2, 2015

~A SWEET VINTAGE WHITE BED~

Good morning all...

I've been a busy lady of late and so glad I've gotten off the merry-go-round of life for a bit.  Returned from a whirlwind trip to Tennessee a week ago where my Mr. AGP Man and I helped my big sister with an estate sale.  She sold off tons and tons of her personal property (downsizing to a small home) and also the remaining merchandise left over from her vintage home decor and apparel business.  I've never seen so much stuff in my life and my guy and I are beyond happy the trip (and the work) are over.

Came home with some wonderful things to sell in my booth, some fabulous old finds, vintage lace pieces, lamps, furniture and also that fabulous antique counter my hubby will be transforming into our new kitchen island.  It's going to take some work to refurbish so I won't be sharing it for a while.  But...hopefully before Christmas...

The bed in the photo above (my local booth) is one I hauled home from the estate sale.  Originally my sis had it painted black.  I actually liked it black, but...I'm still loving vintage whites and all things tattered and worn and those things still sell well for me here.  So...white with a bit of glaze won out!  I snapped the picture late last night, but I'm sure missing the natural light that usually comes through the windows...

Hope this finds you well...  Maybe one day I'll get back to blogging more regularly.  Right now I'm excited about starting Christmas Stockings for 2015.  Tattered vintage and antique laces and lots of linen and trims.  Yum!

Love to you~

11 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,
Glad you made it back home safe and sound and with some treasures in tow.
Sending you hugs,
Mariette

Theresa said...

Oh I bet that was a GREAT sale:) Have a blessed day dear friend, love the bed! HUGS!

RachelD said...

Lovely---all those pale draperies and bed linens and lamps. I do love a sweet post-bed (despite having sawn the cannon-ball posts off my own teenage bedroom "suit" to make my new pink satin comforter drape more gracefully).

I'm trying to think how you THINK of anything peripheral, when that great Kitchen Finish Line is so near at hand. Looking forward to the REVEAL, and all the photos of such a great, rewarding undertaking.

rachel

Tamara said...

It's sounds like you had a very profitable time and fun, too. Gathering treasures is always exciting. (and a lot of work!) Your booth looks beautiful.. so many wonderful things that you've made to sell. Wishing you blessings and the best of success in your up-coming season.

Love and hugs,
Tamara

White Lace and Promises said...

Looks beautiful, Rebecca. The mirror hanging from the rafters is absolutely beautiful! It would work perfectly over my bed. I wish I were closer. You still got it, girl!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,
Sorry for being a day late, did not have my files on my new Mac yet... But wishing you both a very happy wedding anniversary!
Sending you hugs,
Mariette

Arrgh my HP PC died!

Barb said...

You were on my mind this morning, Rebecca.

Merry Christmas and all of God's blessings.

xo
Barb

Jenny S. said...

Hope you are well. Sure miss your blogs and creative projects. I wish you a happy and blessed 2016.

Barb said...

Rebecca,

Hope this finds you well.

I think of you often.

xo
Barb

Stacey said...

Hi Rebecca. Just checking on you. :)

Linda said...

You have a lovely blog. I love vintage. :)

Blog Archive