Thursday, June 8, 2017

~VINTAGE FRENCH BABY SHOE MAKEOVERS...FROM OLD TO NEW AGAIN~

I finally found some time to work on a few vintage baby shoe sachets!  It's been so long since I was able to create things using aging laces, old buttons and vintage millinery flowers.
I started buying up lots of high-top baby shoes (both really old and those dating back to the 1960's and 1970's too!) several years ago so I have quite a stash that should keep me busy for a long time!  The ones you see today are offered up on my website...
I've never done a tutorial on how I make mine, but I did find this one from Barbara at Treasures of the Heart done way back in 2010.  It's not exactly how I fashion mine, but it is very similar.  I don't see that Barbara has blogged in a while, so I'm not sure she will be available for questions...

The blogging world sure has changed a lot since I've been away and it's taking me some time to locate some of my favorite blogs and even more effort to find new ones to love.  I've been really sad to find that several of my special blogging gals have passed away. :(

Hope today is wonderful for you.

Blessings~

Rebecca

7 comments:

Debby Ray said...

These baby shoe sachets are just adorable, Rebecca. What darling little gifts or even decorations at a baby shower! Thanks for sharing!

Debby Ray said...

These baby shoe sachets are just adorable, Rebecca. What darling little gifts or even decorations at a baby shower! Thanks for sharing!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This is so precious. I love baby shoes and you've decorated this one to perfection. I'm glad you are blogging again...I've missed you! Hugs!

Deanna said...

SWEEEEEET!!!!!!
You are the best,
d

Old Time Cindy said...

So adorable. I have some old baby shoes in my stash that I need to pull out. For some reason, I can't pass them up when I find them. Yes, blogging has changed since I've just returned also. Lots of old friends are no longer online.

Laura's Rose Garden said...

Hello Rebecca,
That little bootie is bootieful!! I love it!! I am so happy to have you back in blogland!!
Love and hugs, Laura

Curtains in My Tree said...


I have made a few of those and think they are all so cute
I still have stash of baby shoes so will make some more to give a way

Blog Archive