Thursday, November 27, 2014

~HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2014~

~MY SISTER and I~
(1963)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my family and friends.  I've had such an incredibly busy harvest season and have barely had time to breathe in and out.  But...I love it and I'm grateful for the goodness and blessings from the Father.  Just had to pop in and say hello and share my best wishes with you for a wonderful holiday today.

Thinking today about my precious grandparents and the sacrifices they made for our family.  About my loving parents who have grown dearer to me as the years have passed on (missing you this year, Daddy!).   My siblings, my first friends, who have promised to never leave me...I'm so grateful we are friends.  My children, my greatest earthly joys (because of you I know true love).  My Miss K, my darling grand-girl, who will always have my heart.  To Mollie, my Yorkie who is almost 12, for the giggles, sweetness and unconditional love. To my caring friends...I owe you so much!  To my husband, for loving me for 36 years and for, well, everything else, too!   You will always be my one and only and I will always be your lady. I love you.

Thanks to God, for the privilege of FREEDOM and for sending His only son, Jesus Christ, to rescue me from myself.

I pray for you all good things.  Only good things. May the love, peace and grace of God cover you always.

Blessings...

10 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you sweet friend... and to all of your family... the first without a loved one is the very hardest of all... but tomorrow my daddy left for Heaven seven years ago, and it's still hard... mama left 32 years ago... and my sister 14 years ago... yet they are forever with us close by in our hearts... wishing you a day filled with family and friends, lots of good things to eat... and abundant blessings... love you!... xoxo... Julie Marie

White Lace and Promises said...

I know it's a hard holiday for you and yours. God bless you and may your memories give you peace.

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving Rebecca and family.

Theresa said...

Sweet and thankful post, Rebecca! I pray that you are having a truly blessed day! Sending HUGS your way dear friend!

Debbie Harris said...

What a beautiful, sentimental, from the heart post.
Sweet blessings, Debbie

Judy said...

Rebecca I hope you have had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. I am so anxious to see the kitchen in the making and I know you are more than ready for it to be finished! I have a question for you. I think I remember you have used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. I have been searching for retailers but I only see a few per state or I can order directly from the UK. With so many using this paint I was hoping that it would be more readily available. How did you buy yours? I am wanting to redo my kitchen cabinets with paint and antiquing glaze. I was just wanting to buy it at Lowe's or Home Depot....probably not. Any help? Thanks, Judy

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Beautifully said! Happy Belated Thanksgiving.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Jonell w Harrison said...

I know the season is not an easy one for you. I do know!

Deanna said...

As Christmas is coming, wishing you all the best! May you have some time to just sit and sip a hot coffee or eggnog!
Tis the season,
d

NanaDiana said...

I just came looking for you. I have been on and off blogging between an ulcer (Lordy!) and a deep cough that we are trying to get under control.

What a beautiful post about all that you are Thankful for. You are truly blessed and so is anyone that life has been touched by you. xo Diana

Blog Archive