Monday, April 24, 2017

~FARMHOUSE SIGNS...Still Lovin' Them!~

Happy Monday, friends!
I hope you are having a wonderful day!

It is so pretty here in Oklahoma and I'm telling you I'm ready for sunshine! We had torrential rain late last week and all the green polleny junk fell from the trees.  It's everywhere! Also, since Friday it's been a bit gloomy outside and so I was excited to see a bright and clear blue sky this morning.

Little things like that make me so happy these days!
 Because I'm feeling better each day, certainly more like my old self, I decided to work on some new farmhouse style signs over the weekend.  My hubby still cuts most of the wood I use and I love it when he's able to fashion something from the old, reclaimed stuff!
Every once in a while we snag an old piece of furniture that is BEYOND restoring or transforming!  We save what we can (sometimes drawers and tops!) and the rest often become scrap!  The Flower Market sign at the top was made from just that sort of fabulously old and aged wood!
 This farmhouse sign with script was made using what was an existing sign (or artwork...not sure!).  It was found at a tag sale and made over into something suitable those who like farmhouse style decor!  It so popular now...but, I'm thinking you already know that.  All of the signs you see will be on my website later this week!
My friend, Carolyn, hired me to make a sign for her new booth at Serendipity Market in Edmond.  The Tarnished Cow sign above was made using an antique/vintage window.  I thought it came out so cool!

Have you ever thought about making a sign of your own?  I have several I've done for my own home and they aren't that hard to do!  I use a specialized technique, but there are tons out there to choose from.  The Graphics Fairy has a link that takes you to the ones that are the most popular!

No matter what you choose to do, be creative and have a blast.  After being cooped up for the better part of a year I've decided to try my best to live my life
TO THE FULLEST!

Love to you...

Rebecca

  



1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

I still love signs! I have a couple that my son made me from barn wood that I adore! He and a friend made a bunch of signs and sold them at the EAA convention in Oshkosh last summer. They sold out and took special orders that shipped all over the USA. However, that was 'fun' for him and between his real job, child, wife and everything else he gave his half of the business to his partner...who will make part of his living from the signs.

I bet your signs are good sellers for you. You do great work. xo Diana

Blog Archive