Sunday, April 30, 2017

~THOUGHTS ON A SUNDAY MORNING - Just A Shepherd Boy~


Many years ago, back when our two children were young, my Mr. AGP Man was a worship leader at a local church of our denomination at the time.  Back then such leaders were called 'Ministers of Music'.  But as we know things have changed.

My hubby has a beautiful baritone voice and it's one of the things that first attracted me to him when we were struggling college students back in the day.  After we were married and our first child was born, I'd often find him lulling our son to sleep with softly sung lullabies along with simple nursery rhymes set in song.  As Brandon grew we welcomed his sister, Adrienne into our home and the cycle of love continued on...  I loved hearing my guy sing and even today I can't help but smile when I watch old VHS video tapes (thankfully converted to DVD) of the two of us belting out the latest faith-based song.

Sometimes I miss those days and quite often feel amazed at the path our lives have taken since those exciting years of ministry.  My beloved sang many beautiful songs and old hymns, but none touched me more than a song called "Shepherd Boy".

It fit his voice and his testimony.

Simply put, the song is about King David in the Bible and how God used someone, seemingly with no kingly ability, to lead a nation...

David.  Son of Hannah.  Son of Jesse.  A Shepherd Boy.

~*~
  
As I struggled to find wellness this past year I spent a great deal of time asking God what it was He wanted me to do with the remainder of my days once I recovered.

I'm seeking His truth as I press onward with a grateful heart.

  I don't know what it is that God may be calling you to do with your life...    But just like me, daughter of Barbara, daughter of William, Creator of Things...

 I know it's something!

Love to you...

Rebecca

6 comments:

Carol said...

Prayers for God's guidance as to what He wants you to do. Honor Him daily and ask for His guidance and He will be there.

Rebecca Nelson said...

Yes...He is so faithful to meet us where we are. Isn't he Carol!? God Bless you, friend. <3

Rose L said...

He is there to be support in our times of need. I know prayers are not always answered in the way we want, but we know there is always something to gain, learn, achieve from it all.

NanaDiana said...

I think when we go through trials and struggles we often struggle ourselves to figure out the WHYS of what we are going through. It is a real test of faith and sometimes that faith ebbs and flows depending on the day. Some days there are tears and the Why Me question and other days there is an acceptance and a WHY NOT me. I just try to pray as I go through my day for things big and little and I know He hears---even if I am not always listening.

I loved this story of you and hubby and the connection you had with music. How wonderful to have those on DVD now.

Have a beautiful week- xo Diana

Theresa said...

Sweet post! I am always excited to follow the path God wants me to walk! I hope that you have lots of healthy days ahead with loads of smiles:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Unknown said...

This really spoke to my heart this morning, thank you for sharing and so glad to have you back ��

Blog Archive