Thursday, January 11, 2018

~JUST THANK YOU!~

Dear Friends...
(My thoughts from Facebook)

The past couple of weeks have been beyond difficult for me as I breathed in deep and restarted my life without the physical presence of my precious Mom. Thank you all for your kind words and the grace and love you've extended to my family during this sorrow-filled time in our lives. The cards, notes, food, flowers (and even the FB comments) have meant so much to me. I don't know how I will go on...but I know I will

It's what my Mom would have wanted.

Yesterday I looked for simple response/thank you cards that would be appropriate to send out to those who blessed us with their presence at her service and sent flowers and cards. I couldn't find ANY. So frustrating. Those I found were cheap and way too generic for me. I wanted something lovely for my Momma...something I believe she would have given out herself. So, last night I worked on several designs and came up with this soft pink heart and the sentiment included at the bottom (from Lauren Eden) somehow made me smile.

Gosh...life is hard! Isn't it? I'm so grateful I'm not walking through this life alone. I'd never make it. My loving, faithful Savior is by my side.

I hope to be back doing what I love before too long.  My two booths here in Oklahoma (Edmond and Moore) are bare to the bone and even though I would love to stay in my bed with the covers over my head, I can't.  We depend on my income so I must TRY and get back to work.

  I will MISS my Momma sharing EVERY POST I made. She was always so proud of my work. She taught me all I know...she was my champion...my advantage.

Love to you all...

Rebecca
 PS:  The cards aren't for sale.  I just wanted to share them with you...<3 span="">

9 comments:

Rose L said...

It is so difficult to lose a beloved one. When I lost my husband 5 years ago (he was 56) I thought my world was destroyed. It took a while but I came to the realization that he spent the 38 years we were together trying to always make me happy (well, the last 2 with his dementia he did not remember me most of the time) and I finally accepted that h would want me to live, enjoy life and not give up. Our loved ones always want the best for us.

Barb, from Texas said...

Rebecca, I am a new follower of your blog, and am excited to see what you have to share. I'm so sorry about losing your Mom. This is a particularly difficult time to lose someone you love. I wanted to tell you about a book that might encourage you. I just finished it, and it opens your eyes to such a wonderful future in Heaven! It was written my an previously agnostic NEUROSURGEON who actually died and had a 'near-death' experience that changed his life. What he spends his time now sharing is life changing for those of us who want to know what our loved ones are experiencing, and what we have to look forward to. Let me know if you decide to read it, and what you think, ok? It is PROOF OF HEAVEN, A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife, by EBEN ALEXANDER, M.D. If your library doesn't have it, they can probably get an 'inter-library' loan from another library.....

Barb @ libbarb@gmail.com

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,
That is a very subtle and sweet Thank You and it fits your Momma and your philosophy perfectly.
It is not easy for getting back into the groove!
life is never easy but the only consolation we have is that we are never alone in this; so many before us have managed so we can survive it too.
Sending you hugs,
Mariette

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

I'm so sorry for your loss! You have had a very tough few years. I will pray for your comfort.

Hugs

Jen said...

So very sorry for your loss Rebecca. Although there is never a good time to lose a parent, I can't imagine it happening Christmas Eve. Very nice blog post on your Mom and I love the card you designed, but then I love all you create. I do hope you will still blog from time to time. Take good care
Sending hugs
Jeannette

Jen said...

Just this minute saw your FB entry that you have new baby in your life. What a cutie! I can tell you from experience that when a new furry baby comes into your life after the loss of another it helps heal the heart. I can't imagine my life without our Gracie who turns 5 next month. Brandy, Bonnie and Abby (our deceased pups) would agree! Enjoy every minute with her!

Rebecca said...

I've had you on my mind because I know just how hard it is losing your Mom. You will make it, I promise. Yes, it will be hard...especially trying to get through all of the firsts! Take time for yourself, and do what you need to do to get through it! Do not let anyone tell you it's time to get over it. We all grieve differently and with different time frames. There is NO right time to be "over it". It does get better though, my friend. You are right...your sweet Mom would want you to get up and do what you can each day. Don't put pressure on yourself to get everything done...if you need to stay in bed one day, then do it! I'm keeping you in my prayers, sweetie.

Hugs and Prayers,
Rebecca

Ann said...

Dear Rebecca, Very sorry for the loss of your mom. I lost my mom 3 years ago and I think of my mom every day. Sometimes I have dreams of mom and dad and it seems so real. There are days when I really miss mom and would love to have tea with her and just spend time together. Time makes it easier but we never forget a mom. Take care and God Bless.

White Lace and Promises said...

This stirs my heart strings. There will never be anyone who can replace "mama." It's taken me 7 years to not. cry. every. single. day. I know that pain. I feel that pain just reading this. Rebecca, take the time you need to grieve. Grief is personal. It takes longer for some of us. There are times I need my mama and there are times I need my daddy, but most times, I need my mama. Love you. Hugs sweet girl. As I said on FB, I didn't know until I saw your post. I've lost touch and I've blogged very little these days, but you have a special place in my heart and I will be praying for you.

Blog Archive