Tuesday, September 17, 2019

WILL FARMHOUSE LAST FOREVER....

When I attended the Dallas Wholesale Market a few years ago it was plain to see how much Farmhouse Style Decor had taken hold of the decorating world. Except for the extremely high-end showrooms there wasn't a single emporium/co-op that wasn't focusing on everything

F A R M H O U S E!

I guess we can all thank Joanna G for that!  Right?
Everything I was selling in my own booth began to focus on that growing trend. It was getting more and more difficult to find companies that marketed to the cottage/shabby/pastel style home and unless I went online to shop I found myself on the other side of my favorite shade of blush pink...
If you are a true lover of this style decor, I've found unless you shop specifically online, most physical stores do not carry it.  Even Target's once overflowing aisles that were full of Rachel Ashwell's soft, pink rose designs have dwindled down to just a few styles...

I walked into Hobby Lobby the other day and was BLASTED with all things black and white.  If someone is looking for ART (something other than a lettered sign or a cow) they will find only a few choices.
SIGNS.SIGNS.EVERYWHERE A SIGN.

One thing for certain, things change.  I remember when I first started my "home-based-biz" back in the early 1980's country style decorating was all the rage.  Country blue and mauve come to mind and for course ducks...and geese.  You had to have ducks on your canisters and heart shelves on your walls.
These days I have found that the palest of pink Christmas Stockings with vintage laces still sell the best for me (people will never stop having baby girls, I guess) while white remains a very close second.  This pale pink Stocking sold a couple of days ago...
And then just  couple weeks ago I filled a special order for 24 black and white checkered Lavender Sachet Stockings (Booties)...for a true
Farmhouse Decor Lover!!!
Just like bell-bottoms, everything is bound to cycle back again.  Right?

Love to you...

Rebecca

13 comments:

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Farmhouse style is definitely the "it" thing, and I am one of those who decorate my home now in that way. I really loved decorating with the shabby chic style, but once I got onto Instagram, that all changed when I started seeing all these account with the farmhouse decor, and just fell in love with it. But yet, with what I make and sell on eBay, is still that romantic shabby chic style items, though sales have been not quite what they use to be last year.
I even changed my Blog name now, from Shabby Cats and Roses to The Heminger Farmhouse. Even given it an update, lol

Love those cute black and white little stockings! Those are just darling!
Stop on by when you get a chance and say hi :) I've finally done a couple of posts on my blog after not posting for three years (What!!??) lol
Brenda

Deanna said...

As old as I am I have seen themes come and go. Remember the avocado green appliances? Geese a dozen, mushrooms, colored water in bottles sitting in the sunshine, chippy paint and now the black and white craze and farmhouse everything.

It's foreveah changing.

Glad to see you blogging.
All the best to you!
d

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca! I too see lots of farmhouse. I like it and probably use a bit of that decor in my kitchen but mostly I just decorate with what I like - whether it's in fashion or not. I love everything you do! Those little stockings are adorable. Hope you're doing well.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

I have been one of the frustrated ones as I never cared for the shabby chic or farmhouse styles. Thankfully, I stood my ground and stayed with my traditional tastes which I don't think will ever go out of style. It may not be the most popular or sought after, but traditional is traditional and makes me happy.

KarenL said...

What goes around, comes around! I have seen it more than once in my lifetime. And the beauties you create will never go out of style. They are simply works of art. Love you and all that you do!!!

KarenL said...

What goes around, comes around! I have seen it more than once in my lifetime. And the beauties you create will never go out of style. They are simply works of art. Love you and all that you do!!!

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Rebecca,
I have to agree with you it is getting harder and harder to find anything shabby chic. I love the pastel pink stocking and those special order black and white stocking sachets are so cute. So glad to see you are loving being creative .
Hugs,
Kris

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,
Guess most people follow trends but I myself have always followed my own liking.
Everything you have created has been, and WILL be lovely!
Hugs,
Mariette

Sue said...

And that dear One is why we are all so wonderfully made by our loving heavenly Father to be unique! I enjoy seeing all of my friends homes, and get so many wonderful ideas, that's why I call my style eclectic, ~grin~
You always have and share such great taste and ideas, the stockings are absolutely adorable, my daughter would love them, she is decorating her home in the farmhouse style, I love how she is doing it, too! For me to change now would be so expensive, in the meantime I will continue to enjoy others.
So happy to see you blogging.
Blessings,
Sue

Theresa said...

SO many pretty things:) I was in Michael's today and saw lots of pretties of all kinds. Their Fall decorations were 60% off and we know why, making room for Christmas. Your stockings are SO beautiful. Enjoy your weekend dear friend, HUGS!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Rebecca,
Farmhouse is definitely the In style" thing that is for sure. I am not a lover of it but I do like certain elements of it that I can use in my decor. You know that I am a Victorian style lover and I love color and I have remained true to the styles that I love because they make me happy. I have never been one to change my style with whatever new trend comes around. But I do think the old adage is true ...What goes around, comes around and I think that the styles we love will come back again even though they is always "in Style" in my house!!
Hugs,
Deb

Carol said...

Since we are a farm family, I love that so many options are available for farmhouse, but I know trends will change eventually and once again my home won't be the latest and greatest. It's okay though as I love it!

Kit said...

Hello! I loved your post. I am amazed at how many homes are now decorated in all white. Where is the color? I am now also on Instagram and have become frustrated at the lack of personality that is in people's homes. It just looks like they went to Hobby Lobby or Pottery Barn. I'm not a fan. I will continue to have my own style and I hope you do too. 😊 Kit

Blog Archive