Sunday, March 22, 2009
A BEAUTIFUL PROMISE
About a year ago I made a decision to carve out consistent, daily "quiet time" for my life. I need it and when I skip even a day of devotions or meditating on God's word then the very life I share so much about easily spins out of control. I so wish I had done this when I was a young mother. I was always too busy doing other things that I felt were more important...
Life sure has a way of teaching us some valuable lessons, doesn't it?
Lately I've been reading some of the writings from the well-known Christian Author, Max Lucado. His words minister to me and I never fail to be inspired by his wisdom and the powerful testimony he imparts. He speaks often of the grace and love of God...and of His forgiveness.
I have a tendency to get hung up on my past mistakes and my list is a long one!
"Remember the time I...."
Then I remember His words found in Hebrews: 8:12 (RSV)
"And I will remember their sins no more."
What a beautiful promise!
God doesn't just forgive us of our transgressions...He forgets them, too. I'm so thankful He refuses to keep a list of our wrongs...
Oh to be like you, Lord! Oh to be like you...
Blessings for a beautiful Spring week...Rebecca
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (239)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (269)
- "IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL"
- FUNCTIONAL TO FABULOUS REPURPOSED VINTAGE SEWING C...
- ~TELL CITY BENCH & HER SHABBY TRANSFORMATION~
- A BEAUTIFUL PROMISE
- ~ESTATE SALE TREASURES~ Oklahoma City Style
- ~SHABBY COTTAGE CHIC VINTAGE CORNER CABINET~
- THE PRIVILEGE OF PRAYING
- VINTAGE PINK VICTORIAN HOUSE
- ~~~KNOCK ON WOOD~~~ REPURPOSED FINDS
- ~GOD WILL MAKE A WAY~
- ROMANCE AFTER 30 YEARS
- A TIME FOR CHANGE
- ~VINTAGE MILLINERY BLOOMS~ SOFTLY FADING
- BROWNIE LESSONS FOR LIFE
- AND THE AWARD GOES TO...Me? No Way!
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DADDY!
- BETHANY ANTIQUE SHOPPE REVISITED
- ▼ March (17)