Friday, March 25, 2011

~VINTAGE APRONS TIED UP WITH HEARTSTRINGS

 ~PRECIOUS VINTAGE APRON POEM~

I love old aprons and considering how they've grown in popularity over the years I decided to pull some of my vintage apron patterns out from their hiding place!  At the VERY LEAST I'm considering making a couple in my 'spare time' (I'm thinking positive here that I may ACTUALLY HAVE SOME before long)!
 All you need to be inspired is to do a quick GOOGLE SEARCH for Vintage Aprons and you'll simply be amazed at what comes up!  I was blown away at some of the designs and the lovely spin given to many aging patterns!  There are some truly talented women out there...
 Now...I absolutely adore this pattern!  Don't you???
 This one is a simple, basic pattern, but one that could be embellished to the nines with lots of chic rose fabrics that are available on the market today!
 The scalloped edge on the apron on the lower right is so charming!  This is one I'd really love to tackle!
 Another beauty that was surely once a staple in the 1950's era home!
 So wish the cover on this one wasn't torn off...  Sweet Smock style apron!  All the iron-on-transfers are still in their original unused condition!
 This one is my favorite.  Love the little red heart cutie on the upper right!
 Sweet graphics, too!  Hmmm....this has me thinking!
 All together now...
Before I scoot I have to show you two patterns I still absolutely LOVE.  The one on the left is a late 1980's pattern that I made a dress from and wore for a couple of years.  The one on the right is similar, from Vogue, but a lot more detailed.  I haven't decided but one of them I'm going to make to wear during a little summer get-away my Mr. AGPMan and I have planned.  Either one would look darling with a sweet leather belt (gotta update the look, right?) and maybe some rocking-out
cowboy boots!

Oh my gosh!  Did this CaliGirl actually say
"COWBOY BOOTS?"

(Julie Marie from Idyllhours said they are "COWGIRL BOOTS!") :):):)

Hmmm...times are a changin'!

Love to you today...

22 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I remember sewing aprons at a Girl's club out church had. I wish I had one of them!! But I still remember doing it! Your patterns are really neat. I used to sew quite a bit...no more though!!

Julie Marie said...

Oooooh Rebecca!... Yes, indeedy you do need some cowgirl boots! (only cowboys wear cowboy boots, we are ladies, we wear "cowgirl" boots!)... I LOVE all of mine, and you would truly love a pair too, they look adorable with girly girl dresses or jeans and a pretty blouse (maybe with a vintage apron tied on too!)... I think you should whip up some beautiful aprons and I will buy the very first one!... my mama ALWAYS wore an apron and I am blessed to have several of hers... I also still have my SEVENTH grade home~ec apron we were all required to wear, it has my name embroidered on it!... love, love love all those vintage patterns, and you too!... xoxo Julie Marie

Hanni said...

These apron patterns are just beautiful. I do not think aprons will ever go out of style. Thanks for the google hint.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Pretty patterns, Rebecca! I used to sew all the time but now I just don't have the time to sew!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Julie Marie said...

You are tooo cute Rebecca!... yes, us girly girls do need the proper boots!... xoxo Julie Marie

Rebecca Nelson said...

Julie Marie...You crack me up and make me smile BIG!

xoRebecca

Julie Marie said...

Oh Rebecca, I just posted my vintage white boots again for you to look at!... You need some girl!... love you!... xoxo Julie Marie

Anonymous said...

I too enjoy wearing old aprons...they are one thing you can still find reasonable at yard sales and thrift stores. Those that are holey or stained, I make into vintage pillows. Enjoyed all the fun patterns. Take a look at my Vintage Easter Decor at my blog. Tiff

Home and Heart said...

SO cute!! can't wait to see your aprons, I am sure they will be stunning!!

Ginger said...

You are so lucky to have all those vintage patterns. I used to have lots of patterns but threw them away, I know, duh!!! I LOVE aprons, they remind me of my Mom and both Grandmothers who always wore an apron.

You go girly, you would look awesome in that dress with some Cowboy Boots!!!!
Hugs
Ginger

Mari said...

HI REBECCA~WHAT AN AMAZING COLLECTION OF VINTAGE APRON PATTERNS YOU HAVE :)

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR APRONS WHEN YOU MAKE ONE :)

XO~MARI

Rita said...

Rebecca, I LOVED looking at all the old patterns. They brought back memoires of yester year! I remember my mom wearing an apron every time she went into the kitchen. I love this post. Go for those "cowgirl" boots! A friend of mine wore them for her "engagement pictures" and they were adorable!

Sonya Badgley said...

Hi Rebecca,
I love the old aprons! I just bought a vintage apron Monday in an antique store! I love it! And the dress pattern! I love those kind of dresses! They were so feminine and comfortable at the same time! I wish I knew how to sew. They don't have dresses like that in the store. If they do the fabric is WILD!
I have a friend that makes the vintage aprons and sells them at shows and they just fly out the door! I bet yours would too! ;)
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs and blessings,
Sonya

English Cottage in Georgia said...

I love, love, love the bottom pattern...exactly what I once wore when I once had a waist :-).
....can NOT wait to see your creations from these lovely vintage patterns.

Susan said...

Oh I so love those vintage patterns!! Being a sewer I really appreciate them.

Mary said...

Oh Rebecca...Love all your vintage apron patterns! I have been thinking the same thing over the last couple wks. about making some aprons and now seeing your patterns, makes me want to make some even more. My great granddad loved to cook and had an old vintage barbque apron he wore all the time when he did his cooking. That poor apron looks like it went through the war...yet, I cannot part with it as I knew hom much he loved it and also makes me think of all his wonderful meals that he prepared for all of us through his years. It is one of my fav. cherished possions.
Go for those cowgirl boots....you will love them! I purchased a pair and few years back to wear with jeans and love em' there the most comfy boots I own and I wear them all the time!

{oc cottage} said...

LOVING this post!!

m ^..^

ShirleyC said...

Those are some neat patterns. My mom wore an apron everyday even though she wore very plain dresses in the house.
I remember making a few aprons as a kid. Funny how posts like this can bring back so many memories.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I wish I had saved my patterns, I made my wedding dress from a vogue pattern. I can't wait to see your aprons, I just know they will be darling. while your waiting to find time, jump over to my blog I am giving away an apron!

Carol

NanaDiana said...

Oh-I love those old aprons. My mother and grandmother and all my aunties wore an apron every day of life...and a "good one" on Sunday. That is what all good farm women did! I love your pattern...you will look beautiful no matter which one you choose! xxoo Diana ps...MyHero and I are traveling this week and I am so happy to just get away for a bit! xo

Rebecca P said...

Love all of your vintage apron patterns. I will have to go search the internet for some you have inspired me.
You will look smashing in your cowgirl boots & that darling dress. I still love the 80's style dresses.
Hugs,
Rebecca P

liberal sprinkles said...

Hi, wow these are gorgeous. I don't use aprons but I might with these! Thanks for visiting me and have a great weekend!

Blog Archive