Wednesday, December 7, 2011

~~PROUDLY DRESSED IN GLITTER AND LACE~~ Noël à la Chaumière de Briarwood

First thing in the morning when I come down the stairs for a cuppa hot tea I round the stairwell post and pass in front of my favorite room in our entire home, our dining room.
We gather together as a family and share meals, birthdays and holiday celebrations in this room.  When we first purchased our home in 1992 it was our formal living room.  But, once our children married and our family began to grow we no longer felt we needed a room no one ever actually sat it.  If you'd like to take a peek at how she was transformed just click HERE...

We have tentative plans to open up the wall the china cabinet is on.  This will mean some rearranging of furniture,  but it will open up the space making it less congested in our entryway when lots of people are visiting...  I love the idea, but it took a bit of time and me yappin' it up to convince my Mr. AGPMan it would look gorgeous!  I'm thinkin' he was thinking "it looks like allota WORK to me!" :)
This year I changed things up just a little.  I moved the larger Christmas Tree (the new one I just bought at SAM'S CLUB) to the far corner and moved the smaller one closer to the the French Doors.  I actually love the change as our new Tree is bigger than the one we had to toss out last year.  Our new slimline would have stuck out too far and would have been in the walk-way...
I can get ten people around this table in a pinch.  If we have more guests (and we have!) my Mr. AGPMan made a removable table top that is larger out of plywood and with a little bit of adjusting we can seat up to twelve in this room!  It's covered up with a tablecloth and no one ever knows...
Found a spot for that new Joyeux NOEL Pillow I finished up last week.  I'm sure before the Season is over it will be moved around at least twenty times!
I try and use fresh flowers for our Christmas centerpiece or a grouping of tall candles.  For now this simple tree with the pink and silver bulbs will have to do...
When my son was a baby one of my ceramic-loving-friends made me these gorgeous white Christmas Tree Napkin Rings.  She had a set made up in bright green and she thought I was NUTS when I told her I wanted mine white.  That was Christmas 1982 and I've never once regretted choosing the color as it goes with everything!  Over the years I dropped one of the Trees and snapped off the tip. :(  A little glue and a bit of spot-painting and no one has ever noticed it was once broken.
 
MY PINK CHRISTMAS TREE

Proudly dressed in glitter and lace
Shimmering pink she takes her place
Ribbons and Roses, she's clothed to the nines
Filling the room with the fragrance of pine

Bedazzled with ornaments
Twinkling and bright
She shines through the darkness
A beacon of Light

Carefully holding
Her memories of love
She stands representing
The One from above

For all of her beauty
For all that we see
If not for the MIRACLE
She'd just be a Tree
(c) Rebecca S. Nelson/2009

And there you have a peek at some of our Christmas decor for 2011!  I'll be sharing more of our home soon!

Blessings as you continue to celebrate the miracle!

Love to you...

36 comments:

Kimmie said...

Oh Rebecca your home is so, so pretty!

Would love for you to join in my online biccie/cookie exchange :]

http://theserendipitycafe.blogspot.com/2011/12/online-biccie-cookie-exchange.html

Hugs

Kimmie

Christmas-etc... said...

Enchanting!!! Totally wonderful and full of things that are bright and beautiful! Just love it!
Blessings dear Rebecca to you and your entire family during this glorious season of light and joy!
Ann

Unknown said...

Lovely Rebecca and it reflects your beauty sweetie, I love it all! Hugs Marilou

Unknown said...

Hi Rebecca,
It's a very beautifull rhyme, you wrote it so beautifull! Lovely blog corner as always!
I'm an old followers of yours, looking forward for you to follow my blog too
http://hakenindie.blogspot.com
Get ready for Christmas..
bless,
Cindy

Cheryl said...

My goodness gracious me your dinning room looks magnificent. What a beautiful place for all your family and friends to gather.

Cheryl said...

My goodness gracious me your dinning room looks magnificent. What a beautiful place for all your family and friends to gather.

KatyDidStitches said...

I have only one thing to say...WOWZA!

Kathy

Becky said...

Goodmorning!Such a lovely home.Thanks for sharing,God Bless!

Dolores said...

I can certainly see how enchanting it would be to come down the stairs and look in this gorgeous room. It is so beautiful!!!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Rebecca,

Just beautiful!! Your dining room should surely be featured in a magazine!!

The trees are just drop dead gorgeous!!

Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful home with all of us!!

Hugs,
Deb

Anonymous said...

Your dining room is magical beyond description, I have no other words. Absolutely magical, beautiful. Love it!

Mary

Mosaic Magpie said...

Simply Beautiful Rebecca!
Deb

Julie Marie said...

I feel like I have been in a sugary sweet coated fairyland... everything is so dreamy and enchanting... your new pillow turned out so pretty... xoxo Julie Marie

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Just beautiful Rebecca!

Hugs,
Debbie

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Rebecca your dining room is just gorgeous! What a magical and festive room to celebrate in!~Hugs,Patti

Mari said...

Rebecca, everything looks amazingly gorgeous :) I had to laugh when you said that your beautiful pillow will move around at least twenty times.....I do the same thing!!! I'm always changing things around :)

xo~Mari

Anonymous said...

Beautiful R ~ but then I didn't expect anything less. Simply gorgeous. Hugs. Tammy

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Beautiful...and so soft in the white and pink....Your trees are both so pretty....sweet poem too!

Becky said...

Rebecca I hope im not to late about this but I cant seem to post your button for the giveaway.When I right click it says "all rights reserved".I dont know if anyone else had that problem or not.

Unknown said...

Oh! Everything looks so wonderful. A lovely wonderland of Christmas delights.

Anonymous said...

A dreamy winter wonderland! There must be star dust in your finger tips! ♥

Yasmin Smith said...

What a magical, twinkling, fairy
land you have created in your dining room! I knew it would be dazzling, but you have out-done yourself AGAIN, my sweet friend!!
Each and everything is gorgeous and the white scheme with pale pink makes it that much more etheral looking!!! Delicate, soft, and utterly charming!!
I know the rest of your house must be equally so....!! Please post more photos!!
Have a relaxing day, I noticed you posted this at 1:18 this morning!!
Warm hugs, Francy

Trisha said...

Oh my goodness your dining room is so dreamy! I would want to have every get together there-it's amazing! Have a wonderful week!

~Trisha

Kathy Ellen said...

Rebecca, I feel truly enchanted, experiencing your absolutely beautiful Christmas decor, in your lovely dining room. It is all too beautiful for words.....

Blessings to you, dear Rebecca for this special Christmas season.

Yasmin Smith said...

Me, again....I meant to add what a lovely poem you wrote!! I really liked it. You are such a muulti=talented young lady, Rebecca, you constantly amaze me!!
Don't be working too hard.....
Love, Francy

A Rose Without A Thorn said...

I love what you have done with the dining room. I can only imagine how long it took just getting the trees completed. Have a wonderful holiday season. I have to get my act together and take some shots of the house, though I really only decorate a couple of places. Reubs used to help me but now it is just me I have cut back a lot but it still makes me happy to see the twinkling lights. Hugs and blessings, Maureen.

Marilyn said...

Don't you love it when you know exactly what you want and are happy with it forever after! You've given me lots of ideas. But, I think the kids need a whole month off in the winter and December would be ideal for me! Then I might get more done at home instead of plop down when I get home.♥♫

Sue @ Not the Good Scissors! said...

This took my breath away. It is stunning, gorgeous, dreamy, enchanting, beautiful...I am running out of adjectives!!! In short it is scrumptious!
Hugs, Sue

NanaDiana said...

Oh Rebecca- You do beautiful like NO one does beautiful! I can see your love of family and the Lord shining through everything you do. You are just a blessing to me and to everyone out here. I am in love with PRETTY! xo Diana

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Your dining room is simply breathtaking!! I love it all! so beautiful ~ looking forward to seeing more of your home all decorated for the holidays :)

I became a Great Aunt yesterday! My sister's youngest daughter just gave birth to a sweet boy ~ this is my sister's first grandbaby. She'll become a grandma again in April when her oldest daughter gives birth to her first child! She is just over the moon excited!

Again, LOVE your Holiday decor dear friend!!

Warmest hugs, Brenda

Lynn B said...

Rebecca your home looks absolutely gorgeous, I love the way you have decorated it!

Людмила said...

Сказочный дизайн!Нежный красивый,как сладкая конфета в детстве!

Kellie Collis said...

Gorgeous decors! It looks so festive! Enjoy the lovely day, Kellie xx

Lavender Cottage said...

Dear Rebecca, your dining room is right out of a magazine. It is lovely and your family must love eating there.
It's nice to see the space utilized for a better purpose too.
Judith

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Such an enchanting room, Rebecca! Love the soft touches of color here and there. Your furniture is awesome, too. I've been looking for this style china cabinet for quite a while now but haven't yet found one that will fit in my budget!! Thanks for always sharing your beautiful home with us!

Lululiz said...

Stunning!Christmas Dinner in that beautiful room must be a wonderful experience.

Blog Archive