Monday, October 6, 2014

~DRESSED IN HER AUTUMN BEST~

~My La Chaumière de Briarwood - October 2014~

Fall is definitely in the air here in Oklahoma.  The leaves on the trees are changing color and there is a coolness to the morning that only comes once the summer sun melts into the horizon in the early evening hours.

I love Pumpkin Days.  They make my heart sing.

My favorite time of the year...
 ~La Chaumière de Briarwood - September 2007~

I finally got around to snapping a new picture of my  La Chaumière de Briarwood (at the top).  The fresh sod we laid late last year finally took hold about mid-May and it's grown lush and full.  The grass/sod you see in the 2007 photo died off when we removed three huge trees a couple of years ago.  Got tired of seeing only MUD so new sod was in order.   I changed our front door from white to a deep tan and next spring we plan on painting the outside siding in a complementary shade.  My flower boxes are empty because at almost fifteen years old they are literally rotting off the front of the house.  With our on-going kitchen remodel my Mr. AGPMan just hasn't had time to make new ones.  So...no pretty fleurs this year! (Drats)...
~La Chaumière de Briarwood - July 1992~

When we purchased our home twenty-two years ago it looked like the photo above.  I hated the two-toned garage doors and the light paint on the exterior.  The original door was in sad shape...overrun with wood ants and the pine tree (right) was ruining the foundation of the house.  The grass was pretty much non existent and what was there was mixed with a bunch of weeds.  Over the years we've done so much to transform the only home we've ever owned...  I love her more and more each year.
~My Mom's 80th Birthday Party~

Yesterday we celebrated my Mom's 80th birthday with a fun party full of family and friends...  I love this picture of us with the bright fresh sunflowers that graced the table~
Several of my vintage blue ball jars were used as vases and I love how they came out.  We went with a Fall theme for the party and everything looked very festive and fun!
Customized Favor Bags were handed out to guests.  They held pieces of our Mother's favorite See's Candy.  Bags were easy to make using a vintage image and a charming sunflower stamp.

Homemade fudge-filled chocolate cupcakes and homemade carrot cake cupcakes were topped with cream cheese icing.  Made 'cutting the cake' beyond simple and almost no mess!  

I'm getting ready to start my Christmas offerings for this year.  I can't believe the holidays are around the corner.  I'll be back later this week to share with you what's new...and old.

Blessings~

10 comments:

Stacey said...

Absolutely beautiful!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Your Mom is so pretty! When my Mom turned 80 she would not let any of us do anything....She did not like turning 80 one bit! How great that you are in the first house you have ever lived in...so cool! I have thought of you many times as i have started the reno on my kitchen...Doing the kitchen is worst!


Carol

Mari said...

I'm sure your mom love her party, she looks amazing ;-) love the custom gift party bags and filled with candy just yummy my sweet friend ;-)

Hug So~
Mari

NanaDiana said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Mom, Rebecca. You are blessed to have had her so long as an adult. Many of us were not so lucky.

Your house looks just beautiful-empty window boxes or not. You brought her a long way since you moved in. A wonderful job and you can just tell that it is a well-loved home. xo Diana

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It sounds like a wonderful birthday party for your Mom, Rebecca!

Your house looks so pretty! You've really added curb appeal from when you first bought your home.

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday to your Mother, she is beautiful! Love those gift bags:) Your home is SO pretty and I love that you have these pictures from over the years! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Unknown said...

What a difference you have made to your house. It is beautiful!
I am so glad that your mom's birthday party went so well. I could use one of the treat bags. Not my waist though! It sounds delicious! Have a great day Rebecca.

Maryellen said...

You home looks lovely.
I like all the changes you have made over the years. Amazing small changes make such a difference.

Happy Birthday to your Mom

Unknown said...

What a lovely picture of your brother, sister, you and your precious mother. You are all very photogenic. The party looks so fun. The gift bags were beautiful. And who doesn't love candy.
Your home shows all the love you put in it. It's so pretty. ( inside and out )
I am so glad you are back blogging. I have missed you.

White Lace and Promises said...

Your mom looks wonderful. Love the changes in your home. We finally got a new roof. Since the ice storm in January I've had 7 holes in the roof and 1 through the ceiling in the pink room.

Blog Archive