Wednesday, October 1, 2014

~*HAPPY BIRTHDAY #80 MOMMA*~

Today is my beautiful Mom's 80th birthday.  As I told you a few days ago we've planned a wonderful Birthday Reception for her on Sunday and I'm beyond excited about her big day.  I promise to be back late that night (or Monday if I'm overwhelmed...which is a distinct possibility!) and share the details and photos...
My Mother is such a lovely person.  I'm so thankful she's doing so well...
She was a beautiful bride...loved my father so much...  Still does~even though he went to heaven last February...
He loved to put flowers in her hair when she was young...
She loved becoming a new Momma...
And with each child she gave birth to she grew more and more lovely...
Even after we all left home she continued to offer us her wise and tender counsel...
I love you, Mom.

Thank you for everything your done for us all over the years.  Today I celebrate you and your life and all you mean to me...to all of us.

Thank you for putting up with me when I was full of my obnoxious self and giving me a chance to become all you believed I could be.  It was your faith in me that helped me press onward during difficult times...
I can never repay you.

I love you forever and a day.

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Your Becky Girl

8 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful mama Rebecca!... she is lovely, I can tell... inside and out... you ladies are all so pretty!... I hope all of her birthday wishes come true!... today is my sister Jill's birthday as well... love this month of October as we welcome my favorite Season!... my pillow arrived several days ago... LOVE it!... I emailed you the day it arrived, with a photo of it on my bed... xoxoxo Me

NanaDiana said...

Oh-her "Becky Girl" did a wonderful job of honoring her Mom. How lucky you are to have had such a loving Mom and to have had your parents all these years as an adult. She has been a blessing and been blessed in return.

Happy Happy Birthday to your sweet Mom. xo Diana
ps. I think she got even more beautiful as the years passed.

Mari said...

Rebecca, wishing your dear beautiful mommy a very Happy 80th Birthday...she looks amazing :-) Good bless her.....

Smiles~
Mari

Shirley said...

Hi Rebecca, I am trying to catch up with friends tonight. First, Happy Birthday to your momma. She is a beautiful lady. Your books that you found are awesome. Our month of October is full of wedding anniversaries and birthdays. The beautiful time of the year. Take care. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

Carolyn said...

Hello Sweet Rebecca!!
I did not realize that you had returned to blogging!! Oh my!! I have much to catch up on! :D. I have a fresh hot cup of coffee and a Mounds candy bar to celebrate as I catch up!! I had hoped you would come back but I also knew you had been through so much the past year or so.

Your mother is gorgeous!! Please wish her a HAPPY 80th birthday from me!! Bless you all for having such an amazing mother and to still be able to cherish your time with her!! God is good!! <3

Xoxo Carolyn

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Rebecca's mom! You look wonderful!
Beautiful post for your mom. You can just see all the love in each picture.

Marrianna said...

It has been so wonderful to see you back in blogland. I enjoyed your post about yoour dad and the vintage books you found at an estate sale recently. Everything was so lovely.

Your mom seems to have gotten more beautiful as she has gotten more mature. You are very fortunate to have her and the rest of your family. I know the birthday party will be a grand event for all of you. I look forward to the photos. These photos today are lovely.

Blessings to you and your family,
Marrianna

Jen said...

What beautiful post for your Mom! Hope you are having lots of fun and that she is having a wonderful birthday!

Jeannette

Blog Archive