Thursday, October 30, 2014

~A FABULOUS CABINET MADE FROM JUNK~

About a week ago I found a rickety old piece of junk (Really!  Just a piece of junk...not junque!) at Goodwill for $15.  A huge cabinet style thingy (think TV cabinet) that was full of great wood...but honestly, a crummy find that was more than UGLEEEEE.  My Mr. AGPMan met me at the thrift, picked up the cabinet and hauled it home to his work shop.  Somehow he was able to salvage all the materials as I'm always needing odd sizes and cuts of wood in my business.  Plus the asking price was great!  The result is the bead-board display cabinet you see above.  All made with the reclaimed wood from the piece of Goodwill junk.  Took a while to dismantle the thing and pulling out all the old nails and hardware was a pain!  But, seeing what my guy was able to create from a pile of landfill destined debris makes my heart sing!
 
Just recently I started carrying a line of soy candles in my Booth called MIXTURE.  I love them because they are simple in style and come without labels, etc.  Finding a place to display them was a bit of a challenge because they are narrow (cylinder) and only about 4" tall.  The new cabinet was created with them in mind.  The perfectly spaced shelves are removable and makes them wonderful for showcasing other things as well.

I love being married to such a talented and creative man.

Don't you just love the photo of the two little girls above?  Wish I knew more about it.  Whenever I see it I just can't help but smile.

I imagine them as friends for life.

Through thick and thin...

Good and bad.

Happy and sad.

Plenty or want.

Blessings as you make your way through November with those you love.

7 comments:

White Lace and Promises said...

You have a very talented good man there. What a team you make!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Gorgeous and perfect! Great job hubby!!

Carol

Jenny S. said...

It was so good to see you posted today. Good job Mr. AGPMAN. Precious two little girls in the picture. Should remind us to love one another. Have a enjoyable weekend.

Theresa said...

Love what the Hubby did with that cabinet! Perfect for what you needed it for! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Elizabeth Johnson said...

Your hubby is so handy. And I've been looking for some soy candles just like that. I'm going to have to come by.

Jean Bee said...

Wooowwwww! That is one fab cabinet!!

NanaDiana said...

What a great reworking of a piece of junk! It looks great and is perfect for those candles!
Blessings to you as you go through November, too. xo Diana

ps. I LOVE that picture of those little girls, too!

Blog Archive