On Monday sweet Laurie from Heaven's Walk passed along to me the "ONE LOVELY BLOG" award. I always feel so honored to be thought of by ANY fellow blogger...so~ thank you Laurie for remembering me and for the kind words you shared about me on your beautiful site. I hope you'll pay a little visit to Laurie and check out her inspiring place. I think you will love it.
So... this is what's supposed to happen:
1. Thank and then LINK BACK to the person who honored you.
2. Share SEVEN things about yourself that others may not know.
3. Pass the award on to at least 4 other Bloggers who inspire you.
4. Notify the Blogger you've honored them with an award.
Now...I'm going to do the first two and forgo the last two. Not because there aren't peeps who deserve to be remembered but because I just hate feeling like I'm intruding on another person's life. That said...if you would love to share a bit about yourself I say GO FOR IT (just left click the button above to enlarge and copy!). I love learning more about the people who write behind the blogs I personally love!
Gosh...I feel like I've told you everything about me a long, long time ago but here goes...
1. Because Nerve Deafness and Glaucoma runs in my family I've always been extra careful to keep a close watch on both my hearing and vision. My grandfather, my mother, her sister and several cousins each have profound hearing loss and my grandmother lived in darkness for the last 18 years of her life. I'm incredibly thankful I've been spared such trials in my life.
~My Very PINK Wedding - September 1978~
(more about this day coming soon!)
2. Although greatly inspired by the finished projects created by both my grandmother and mother I pretty much taught myself to sew. Despite the fact I slugged my way into getting a big fat "F" in Home Economics (my poor Jr. High teacher, Mrs. Wylie, couldn't handle my over-the-top antics and chattering mouth) I somehow learned to stitch a straight line! By the time I was nineteen I managed to copy the pink dotted-swiss dresses I had purchased for the candle-lighter girls in my wedding (the one on the right is my sister, Jenny) and made my flower-girls a shorter version of them. Only problemo...they barely fit! Mrs. Wylie might even have been proud of me (as long as she didn't look ON THE INSIDE)!!!! Argh...
3. I'm a GOOF-OFF (always will be!) and even though I still LOVE to laugh I've paid a big price for not taking some things more seriously in my life. I was never a naughty girl but I was extremely mischievous and that along with mindless talking when I should have kept quiet has gotten me into lots of trouble. If I could go back and do school all over again I would (except for the Math part...nooo noooo NOOOO!!).
4. I have NO TALENT for growing things. NONE WHATSOEVER. If a plant, shrub or flowering bush thrives in my garden it's because somebody else did all the work for me. I feel like I kill everything and that is VERY overwhelming for me, especially in the Spring. I just don't believe that gardening as a whole is my gift...but~ I will never stop trying to one day grow for myself God's most beautiful creations. It will happen!
5. I am deathly afraid of bugs or creepy crawly thingies. If they make their way into my home I totally freak out. I mean I FREEEEEAK OUT, MAN! I try not to but I just can't help it! One day last week a lizard (though I incorrectly thought at FIRST it was a SNAKE!) somehow wandered into my guy's office and I'm surprised my neighbors didn't call 9-1-1 because of the screams. I'm NOT being dramatic here...I'm not! Ever since I was in 3rd grade and a humongous (Galveston)Texas-Sized cockroach flew up my petticoat I've been a goner!
~My Beautiful Girl~
6. I'm totally in love with both my children but today I will share my deep affection for my daughter, Adrienne. She is my very best GIRLfriend. I will be forever thankful for this lovely young soul. She is a true giver and wise beyond her years. Deeply kind and loving I do believe I may have learned more from her than any other woman, young or old, in my life. Aside from God and her hubby of nearly three years, she loves her daddy and I and is constantly blessing us in one way or another! Presently she is in her last year of college and I'm so very proud of her. Kept her word to FINISH SCHOOL even though we gave our blessing for her to marry her beloved in 2007! Can you tell I adore her? Truly a gift to me from the Most High. Beautiful on the inside and the outside!
7. I believe in second chances. It's as simple as that!
And there you have it! More than you probably ever wanted to know!
Blessings for a lovely TUESDAY! I'm back in my studio working on new pretties while loving the gentle rain we are FINALLY getting in blazing HOT Oklahoma!
Love to you~