Monday, March 26, 2012

~ALL FRAMED UP~

 After enjoying the lovely hospitality of Miss Tammy last Saturday, before returning to Oklahoma City I just had to pay a visit to a couple of junky style haunts her north Oklahoma city had to offer!  I am happy to say I was not disappointed!  Great old finds and neat antiques can be found in almost any town in my great state and Enid, Oklahoma, didn't disappoint!  
 I found these three old Huldah Jeffe (1901-2001) prints in these incredible mid-century Syrocco frames.  I actually love some of Huldah Cherry Jeffe's work and I was surprised to read she had (and still has!) a lot of critics.  Apparently there are people in the art world who don't favor the dark eyes on her subjects.  I happen to like them.
 Anyway...I have a couple of these prints already so I'm sure I'll be reselling them as is!  Simply fabulous old prints.
Aren't they wonderful?  I love each one!  The ones of the children are especially rare!  They are a lot harder to find!
But...the find of the day were the seven bundles of vintage lace one particular booth offered!  The gal had them marked $1.00 each and that was a fabulous price.  Three of the lace bundles were French and that made me very, very happy.  I don't know why but lace just finds ME!  Honest...it does!  It doesn't matter where I go or where I shop but it seems I always uncover the best vintage trims for not a lot of money!  We all know the laces made today can't compare to the fabulous old stuff!

All this great technology out there and yet in some areas we've gone backwards!  Most of the lace made today (except the super-high-end trims) is cheap polyester and it's simply crummy!
 Today I'm back in my studio working on painting things with a ground of WHITE!  So much still to do but I'm loving it!

Hope your Monday is wonderful.  I'm off to paint roses for my newly reopened website!

Love to you...
 

18 comments:

Anne said...

Love those frames.And lace too. I pick it up when ever I find it.Even though I don't sew.I love to display it.
Anne

Your Craft Book said...

Good morning Rebecca, I am so pleased your website is now open. I am off to take a peek at your new goodies, have a great week, Maureen

Sherri B. said...

Thank you so much for sharing your prints..I have been trying to find info on a print of a blond girl walking in a park setting with a red flowered hat and a red rose in her white gloved hand and a hat box (looks like) over her arm...Anyway, she looks just like your prints, I'm so excited to go and look up the artists name...Thanks again! xo

Allie said...

The collection of antique lace looks fantastic! What a great bargain. I'm sure you'll find something wonderful to use it all for. Have a great week. -Al

BeautifulDees said...

Thank you for comming by, it made my day...now come be a follwer if you will. I love the photos and lace.
LOve,Debbie:)

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Wow, you really did score finding all that beautiful old lace! Love the sweet frames :) Stop by when you get some free time, and check out what I found on Craiglist :)

Julie Marie said...

I just visited your website... sooo dreamy!... love all your tresors you found, especially the vintage lace... yes, it does seem to find you... somehow it knows you will make something beautifully exquisite out of it... xoxo Julie Marie

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,

Congrats on your finds and above all for having your website up and running again!
Love to you,

Mariette

Theresa said...

Great finds! You are so lucky to find those wonderful bargains AND know how to turn them into beauty! Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Love the frames too!!
I feel the same about laces & sometimes & will take an old pattern & simply make lace for no particular item to go on!! LOL!! That's just me.....
Have a Great Week!!
Marilyn

White Lace and Promises said...

I have two small framed prints like this in my pink bedroom. Look for my post The Pink Lady and you'll see mine! Love this artist!

White Lace and Promises said...

Wish I had your frames to go with mine. Love them.

Unknown said...

Isn't it great to find such wonderful deals? I love walking away feeling as if I made the find of the year. I'm excited to see what you do with all your goodies.

Donna said...

Love the frames ... gorgeous! You find the best deals on lace :)
Glad to see you have your website going!
Hugs,
Donna

Ginger said...

Glad you found some Enid bargains. Love the lace. I've seen those pictures, I have the closeup girl pic.
XO
G

NanaDiana said...

I do believe you drip lace when you walk! I have never seen ANYONE find as much of it as you do! The thing is, though, you USE it...so, I think it is put in your path by a Higher Hand!;>) xo Diana

Yasmin Smith said...

Those old pictures in the lovely frames bring back memories, as I used to have a set of them! Don't know where they ended up...garage
sale, probably!! The laces are so pretty! You can always "dig up" the neatest finds!! I am sure they will be on your website soon in a totally gorgeous make-over!!
Have a good day..Hugs, Francy

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

One dollar lace??? Whew you lucky, lucky chickie...........I NEVER find great deals like that here.

xoxoxoxoxo

Spence

Blog Archive