Thursday, March 8, 2012

~~~~IS YOUR FOLLOWER GADGET MISSING?~~~~ IF SO...DO THIS

 ~LE LAPIN SACHET~
Sweet for Spring

For the past several days, nearly a week now, my FOLLOWERS GADGET on my sidebar has been MIA!  I figured it's sudden departure must have had something to do with the GOOGLE FRIENDS CONNECT THINGY being changed and so I TRIED to be patient while the POWERS THAT BE fixed whatever was causing the problem.
~FARMHOUSE APRON~
--Can You Spot The Mistake?--
{ARGH!}

Most of the Blogs I visit showed their FOLLOWERS GADGET in place, but there were a few that had big empty spaces where their GADGETS were suppose to be.  Sooo....I emailed one of my friends, Miss Mariette from Mariette's Back to Basics and asked her if she was having trouble too!  She was!  And like me she had spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out what was going on!
Miss M is so lovely and encouraged me to continue to be patient while things were sorted out in blogland.
~HOW ABOUT NOW?~
--Bolangerie?  Nope...Boulangerie!--
{drats!}

Well...PATIENCE is NOT one of my strong points.
(Neither is French Spelling!!!!!)

Seriously.

It's not.

I want things done like, um...yesterday!
(or the day before)
~SWEET IRISH LACE~

Still...I TRIED to be a good, calm girl and not do what I wanted to do which was 
FREAK OUT!

And so I waited.

And waited.

And WAITED!

FOR SEVEN DAYS I WAITED!!!
Still NOTHING!
(God created our beautiful world in less time!)

(ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!)
~LOVELY CROCHET LACE~

Along with my FOLLOWERS GADGET missing there were other problems, too!

Like:

1.  My Dashboard said I wasn't following ANY blogs!
2.  The FOLLOW link at the top of my blog wasn't working.
3.  The FOLLOW link on my Blog Page wasn't working.
4.  The Comment button worked only sporadically.
5.  My Google Reader was on the blitz...
AND
6.  My last three posts kept disappearing from my page!

WHAT?

I wanted to SCREAM for my HERO
(aka:  Mr. AGPMan)
to come and save me fix WHATEVER the problem was, but he's studying for finals and I didn't want to disturb him.
(Gee...my compassionate side must have momentarily kicked in while I was pulling my hair out and gnashing my teeth.)

So...after posting my situation on BLOGGER HELP and getting absolutely NO RESPONSE I decided to try something ON MY OWN!  After digging around and trying several things I finally found something that worked and POOF my FOLLOWERS GADGET and all the other problems were INSTANTLY FIXED!

(WHOOT!  WHOOT!  Happy Dance Time!)

~HERE'S WHAT YOU DO~
1. Go to the SETTINGS TAB on your Dashboard

2. Make a teensy tiny change to your blog domain name, enter the security words and hit save.
(my blog domain name is
Rebecca-gatheryeroses.blogspot.com
and all I did was place an extra "a" after Rebecca {Rebeccaa} to keep the change simple!)

3.  Enter your new address in your search bar (your old links won't work yet) and check to see if the faces of all your fabulous, gorgeous, beautiful peeps are back!
(They should be!)

4.  Log out.

5.  Now...go back and LOG ON again.  Go into the SETTINGS TAB a second time on your dashboard and change your blogger domain name BACK to it's original name!

6.  Go check your blog again.  Everything SHOULD be back to normal!


YEAH!!!

 
Hope your day is yippy-skippy wonderful.
I'm off for a mani-pedi this morning and despite the rainy forecast for Oklahoma
I'm going JUNKING!

And then...
When. I. Get. Home.
I'm going REMOVE that pocket
on my messed-up Apron
and put the corrected one
in it's place!

Love to you...

29 comments:

Sarina said...

The apron looks lovely.
Even if there is a little mistake.Makes it even more lovely.Remember the Amih quilts? There always had to be a mistake, because only God could make something perfect.
So I still think, the apron is beautiful.
X,
Sarina

EllenaElizabeth said...

I have not been having any problems like you have except I can't always add new blogs I follow easily, as sometimes one one of the options (that I need) is missing and sometimes it is not.
I love your white apron.

Theresa said...

You are so smart to figure that out! I will remember that in case it happens to me:) Enjoy your morning at the salon! HUGS!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Good morning Rebecca
Guess you never though blogging would be so stressful.
The apron is pretty, I feel for you discovering the mistake at a crucial point. Maybe it will become your own personal favourite apron?
Judith

NanaDiana said...

You know-99% of people would never know there was a mistake in the spelling. Would this be considered an "irregular" in the sales world? lol

Great job on fixing your blog. I can't add any new bloggers to my sidebar...it just drives me nuts!

Hope you have a wonderful day- xo Diana

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,

Guess your apron is still okay with the missing 'u'... Don't worry about that too much!
THANKS a million for solving the missing gadget problem! You only omit to hit the 'Publishing' tab, once in Settings but I figured that out soon.
It WORKS and also my most recent comments are back now.
Love to you, for sure you're still sleeping now.

Mariette

Anne said...

I am glad you have it figured out.So far so problems here.Are you on wordpress?That may be why you were having issues.I signed up on your linky follower too.Enjoy your mani/pedi.I am off to get a haircut today.Will schedule my next pedi.I don't get mani's anymore.I just can't keep my nails nice with all the painting and projects I am doing.It is not worth the money for me.I wish I could.My nails look horrible.

Marilyn said...

Since I can't speak, write, or read French, you could have solved the problem by just sending me the apron! Ripping is NEVER fun. Sometimes blogger does weird things and I just reload the page and its there. That's the ONLY thing I know how to do!♥♫

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I'm so sorry all of this happened. I actually lost my entire blog a few weeks back. I panicked! But in a couple of hours it came back! Thanks for all of this info. It's rather scary, isn't it, since we put so much into our blogs! You've got some lovely things going on - always.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

I sure wish I had waited one more day with my blog. I had so many errors coming up I thought it MUST BE A VIRUS. I ended up closing it down... argh!!! Started a new blog and no issues what so ever. NOW, i'm bummed. Oh well not much I can do about it now. LOVE LOVE LOVE the bunny sachet. Very cute. Hugs. T

Anonymous said...

Oh another thing, I've also noticed to FOLLOW ANY BLOGS right now, I'm having to use the bar at the top where it says follow rather than the gadget. The gadget is really messed up. Hugs.

Angela said...

Hello, I love all your petty lace and your bunny cushion is super cute.
I had problems with my posts and after switching to Google Chrome,
blogging is now problem free.
xoxo
Angela.

Carol said...

Everything has been so "Fantabulous" lately, and I so love the Bunny Pillow. I am sitting on the edge of my chair, just waiting for your Shoppe to get replentished.
Thank you sweet friend for all the inspirational ideas:)

Carol from
Good 'Ol Texas

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Lovin' all that beautiful lace here girl!

I haven' had a lick of trouble with the whole friend connect thing but I know many who have. Thanks for helpin' 'em.

You sound like me...I'll keep diggin' 'till I get a problem fixed or die tryin'. I'm stubborn like that!

God bless and have an incredible day sweetie!!! :o)

Rita said...

We aren't perfect and never will be, so if everything is not perfect on your apron, it's OK! You are a perfectly wonderful friend! I thank you for your friendship and for telling us the things that you learn!

Mosaic Magpie said...

Rebecca,
I have struggled with trying to get my followers gadget to work for months!!! No help from blogger, but your fix has FIXED the problem! Thank you for helping!
Deb

Annwes said...

Thank you so very much for this fix, at last I've got my follower gadget back because of it, after waiting about a month or so, without anything happening! I found it through a norwegian blog that had translated it to norwegian. I hope it's ok that I linked to your blog from the Blogger support forum (where nobody had a solution). Again, thank you so much, and thank you too for the music that has been playing from your site during the half hour I've been telling others about where to find help for the problem!

With love,
Annwes, daughter of a Preacher Man in Norway

sharonssunlitmemories said...

Thank you so much for giving us a solution to the follower gadget problem. I found it by using the link Annwes left in the support forum so a BIG thank you to her as well. It has been so frustrating waiting for something to be fixed that was obviously never going to be addressed!

sharonssunlitmemories said...

Thank you so much for giving us a solution to the follower gadget problem. I found it by using the link Annwes left in the support forum so a BIG thank you to her as well. It has been so frustrating waiting for something to be fixed that was obviously never going to be addressed!

Alex H. said...

MAAAAAANNNNYYYYYYYY THANKS!!!! I was waiting for my followers gadget about 4 weeks... and I'm so happy to have it back now... thank you so much, you made my day!
Alex from Switzerland ;-)

Unknown said...

Just found this post through the google product forum, because I had desperately looked for help, my GFC gadget had been missing for weeks and I was getting really desperate. Thanks to your clever post, the gadget has returned and I am finally able to actually see my readers again and they are able to connect with me again. Thank you so much, you are a genius!
Plus, your blog is great, I will definitely come back!
Lots of love from Germany,
Jule

The Dolphin Inn said...

I just wanted to say a massive thankyou for your advice on the followers widget, I have been tearing my hair out for three days, bless you for posting this advice !!!!! and it also means I found your blog which is utter eye candy, thankyou xxx

Nico said...

Ohhhh, you have made my day with this post! Due to some changes with my domain, my followers widget was on the fritz as well. I was very depressed about it! But this simple fix worked! I cannot say thank you enough!!!!I have been trying to fix this for weeks now!

Unknown said...

You are a life saver!!!!! I have been trying to find out what to do about this!!!!

romance-of-roses said...

Wow, sorry you had to go through all of that but happy you were a smart girl and took care of it yourself. Love the bunny pillow and all your whites. Hope your hands are all well now. Good luck to your hubby on his finals. Hugs...Lu

Ursula Thompson said...

Rebecca, I just wanted to say thank you! I just started a new blog and my followers gadget wasn't working. So I did what you suggested and presto it worked so Thank you again from the bottom of my heart!

Unknown said...

thak you so much ... this is so helpfull for me ... <3

Sunray Gardens said...

Finally something that worked to get me back my followers list. Thanks.
Cher

Astrid Maclean said...

Hmmmm, I don't think this works anymore sadly. I lost all of my followers and followed your instructions, but alas no change...

Blog Archive