Monday, March 19, 2012

~MIRROR MIRROR on the WALL~

 ~MY GUY DOING HIS THING~

In April 2009 I shared with you a few pictures of the Stairwell in my La Chaumière de Briarwood.  Nothing has changed over the past few years because I still love the way all the mirrors look and don't have any plans to change them out anytime soon.  I may not ever....
~ANCHORS A MUST~

But, with all the makeover stuff we've been doing of late we've had to move things around quite a bit and that has left several decorative pieces without a home.  Some of those things have been taken out to the storage shed we have on our property and a few things have been propped up in our garage (which I absolutely hate!).
 ~VINTAGE MIRROR~

As my Mr. AGPMan and I have worked to de-clutter our home we've happily donated tons of stuff to Goodwill, but the one thing I just couldn't let go of was a very large mirror that was original to our home.
 
~EXISTING MIRRORS~

The mirror once hung over the very large and dated bathroom counter in our main upstairs bath.  But when we remodeled it in 2005 we changed it out to update the look and feel of the room.  The wooden frame was an antique gold color but it sort of greened-out over the years and it wasn't very appealing.  Still the mirror itself was lovely and even a little bit sentimental.  The manufacturer's date was on the back August 16, 1969.  That means this summer it will be 43 years old...
~DRY BRUSHED~

Instead of parting with the mirror we decided to add it to our stairwell mirrors and hang it on the opposite wall.  I love how it looks coated in my favorite Cottage White Paint (Behr/Home Depot).  Dry brushing allowed lots of the original patina to show through, too!

Hanging this big old thing was a huge hassle, but I was happy to get the chance to really clean the mirrors and remove all the dust brought about with so much remodeling!

Hope you Monday is fab!  I'm off to work...

Love to you...

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like to get "rid" of some things either ...but... sometimes we just have to. We got rid of a lot of old windows this past weekend with all the wavy old glass. I hated to let them go but I had no use for them. Come to find out the guy we gave them to is making himself a "shed out of them. Win ... Win!!
Have a Great Day!!
Marilyn

Jill said...

The mirror is absolutely beautiful and is a great addition to your gorgeous wall of mirrors!

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Love your mirrors! They have to make the stairwell look huge!! So glad you were able to "save" the big mirror. love the dry brushing you did on it also.

Have a sweet week! Sherry

Theresa said...

Beautiful! I love the mirrors! Mr. AGPMan is an awesome helper:) Enjoy your Monday, HUGS!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Rebecca, Your husband is a saint! I could never get mine to get on a scafold and hang mirrors for me. He'd rather play golf!
Your wall of mirrors is 2die4.

hugs
Sissie

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

It looks great Rebecca! I love the wall of mirrors. You are lucky to have a wonderful guy willing to balance up there!
I had a job once putting pine paneling on the ceiling of a hunting camp and my friend and I were way up balancing on a piece of board about 12" wide and I have never forgotten the terror I felt. Bravo APGman!
Have a great day Rebecca!
Tina xo

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

The mirrors look beautiful Rebecca!
Did your hubby make the scaffolding himself? We have to paint our living room, and we have a stariway like this. Will need something like this to paint ours too.

Hugs,
Debbie xxoo

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I totally agree and just love your beautiful mirrors.

I have a big old vintage mirror in my master bath that I simply adore.

It's framed in distressed off white.

God bless and have yourself a grand kinda week!!! :o)

NanaDiana said...

I'm glad you kept it, Rebecca, as a nod to the original "things" in your home when you purchased it. It really is a pretty thing all painted up and now it has a place of honor. xo Diana

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,

That mirror deserved to be saved and hung again! Despite the hassle for doing so but now you could get to everything for a thorough cleanup. Feels good; now Spring can come!
Love to you,

Mariette

Linda said...

Your man is amazing! He must love you very much!!!! (:>) I'd be scared to death to get up there!

The mirrors are lovely...and that is so neat that you gave that original bathroom mirror a new life!

I know you are having fun giving your home an update...how exciting. I am sure it will look wonderful when it is all done...and we will all want to see everything in pictures!

Love, Linda

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Oh that is pretty. It makes me nervous just seeing the pictures of the scaffolding by the stairs. I can't watch when people do that...I feel dizzy!! Glad he got it done!!

Something Special said...

Your gallery of mirrors is so beautiful. That's all I can say!!!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I learned a lot time ago to hang on to things you really like. At least for a time. Like, oh, maybe twenty years or so?? *smile*
Everything is just getting more and more beautiful. Is that even possible?? I think not! Just different..
And by the way..whatta guy!! :)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh Rebecca, a dream stairwell!!! Now,let that poor man rest! LOL

Caorl

Anonymous said...

I have only in the 5 years or so begun to love the beauty and flexibility of mirrors & how they add to the home & give illusion of light in darkened areas. We have a short hall of 12 ft & it is near impossible to put direct light in it but I'm collecting and will be trying by staggering on every 3 ft opposing walls. I've collected 3 I love, two not so much and one that we be recycled somehow. Such is the way, trial and error. I have always loved your wall of mirrors. Your hubs has earned him som Atta Boy time this year R... I do hope your planning a big getaway for him... *wink*!! Hugs. T

Dolores said...

Your wall of mirrors is beautiful!!!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Rebecca,
Just love your mirrors and the vintage one sure deserves to continue to live with you. The stairway wall is gorgeous. Fresh and pretty. Looks like redo's going on for you. Me too. What would we do without great guys who support the changes and work so hard? It is a blessing!!
Just beautiful my friend.
Happy Spring.
XO Celestina Marie

Christine said...

Your Mr. AGP Man rocks!

romance-of-roses said...

Glad you kept this mirror, it's so attractive and love the mirror wall. I like mirrors too but don't have them on a wall like you do I should. Know what you mean about the dust when remodeling, been there. Hugs...Lu

Rita said...

Hi Rebecca,
your mirrors wall is absolutely g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s. and you did right thing in not parting with your mirror. It would have been a real pity to let go of it.
I love the dry brush effect.
rita

Jeannie B. said...

I love your wall of mirrors! I love the way mirrors reflect light. And I had a laugh when I read your post because you are always changing the colors of things in the blink of an eye! I am so overwhelmed at the prospect myself. You are a girl of action!

shabby*vintage*dreams said...

wow!!!!! LOVE IT!!!! looks amazing!!

Blog Archive