Sunday, April 5, 2009
HE LOVED US WITH A CROSS
For over a year now the Lord has been working on me in some specific areas of personal growth. He’s been whittling down that self-will of mine while gently bringing into the light my unspoken weaknesses. Wow…I really hate being exposed! Even so, I know this must take place so I will become more dependent upon Him. Gosh~ and do we even have to talk about how JUDGMENTAL I can be about things? I’ve always been pretty bad about forming fairly quick opinions and then carelessly allowing them to spill out of my mouth! I know we all make mistakes and I’ve made tons during my lifetime and I’m going to continue to make many more before I leave this planet. Still, I know in my heart it would behoove me to remember that I am not unique in my imperfections, for the Word of God tells us we are all sinners in need of grace, strugglers in need of strength… I mean, Jesus DOES teach (instruct) us to pray “Forgive our debts…and lead us not into temptation.”
I’ve heard it said many times during my life that “the line that separates the best of us from the worst of us is a narrow one”. I believe this is true. With today being Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday only seven more days away, I’ve spent some time this week reflecting on the Cross. For me it is a symbol of courage and hope…forgiveness, sacrifice and most of all, LOVE.
Pride and Shame get heavy when you lug them around for a long time. So does anger, bitterness, blame, resentment, hatred and un-forgiveness. We strap those bad-boys upon our backs hoping if we carry them far enough they will one day justify our behavior and our choices. It is a constant, on-going struggle of mine to leave my burdens at the base of the Cross…even though I know in my heart the ONLY place they will ever be lifted is right there...Calvary.
“God placed upon him the wrong who never did anything wrong, so we could be put right with God.” II Corinthians 5:31 MSG
Blessings to you as He works a miracle in your life…Rebecca
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (239)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (269)
- "LOVE IS..." and Other Things That Matter
- SONGS IN ORDINARY TIME
- PLEASE....SAY IT ISN'T SO!
- INNOCENT PRAYER AND GIGGLES, TOO!
- ~~~~~LIFE MADE EASIER~~~~~ ONE COTTAGE SIGN AT A T...
- ~~~VINTAGE PAINTING DESK~~~ Old Finds With a Purpo...
- SEEKING TREASURES BUT FINDING PEACE
- ~~OKLAHOMA CITY MEMORIAL ~~ WE ARE STILL HEALING
- I'M SORRY IT'S TAKING SOOOO LONG....
- PINK ROSE CANDLE - FREE GIFT DRAWING GIVE-A-WAY
- EVIDENCE OF GOD'S GRACE
- "BEHOLD, I STAND AT THE DOOR AND KNOCK..."
- SWEET EASTER MEMORIES OF A BIG BROTHER & LITTLE S...
- ~PRETTY SECOND HAND TABLE~ SHABBY COTTAGE CHIC
- PAINTING PINK ROSES....MY WAY!
- SHABBY CHIC STAIRWELL DECORATED COTTAGE STYLE
- HE LOVED US WITH A CROSS
- TURNING SIX. AND MACARONI
- ~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~ BELOVED BROTHER OF MINE
- ▼ April (19)