Wednesday, April 22, 2009
~~~VINTAGE PAINTING DESK~~~ Old Finds With a Purpose
OK...OK! I've heard you LOUD and CLEAR!!! I've received enough direct emails about my fabulous find from yesterday that I decided to post a picture or two of my new-found treasure! This is simply the sweetest writing/painting desk and it is perfect for my studio! I actually WANTED to wait and show you both the before and after pictures at the same time, but--I'm afraid that too many of you are like me and are "patience deprived!" :) Sooo...here it is! :)
After viewing pictures of my friend's (and fellow painter, Celeste's) studio, I was inspired to clean up my space! Her workplace is gorgeous and it made me feel like a real piggy! Now, I'm not a slob mind you, but my studio isn't all that big and it has been in dire need of some serious help for a long, long time now! It's been easy for me to put off the re-furbishing of it...it's definitely been at the END of my To-Do-List! Hmmm~maybe that is why you've never seen pictures of it!
Anyway, this fabuloso desk is a start at what I'm hoping won't be too big a project. The desk is BIG and it's made at the perfect angle for painting all those Signs I'm hoping to finish and send you way! Maybe by the Fall I'll be brave enough to show you just where I create...(notice I said "MAYBE"!). At the very least I'll show you a picture of the desk once it is transformed!
You know, I never ever take for granted when I discover truly neat finds! I once thought it sorta strange when things I was longing for (and often even in need of) just seemed to just FIND THEIR WAY TO ME!!! This may sound odd to some of you, but I feel like I am directed to most of the stuff I go in search of. Even when I'm forced to pass something up because the timing isn't right or the cost is too high, I always seem to be redirected to something better later on. After a day of treasure seeking, I'm truly content in the knowing that God has indeed directed my every step.
After all, if we seek God first, the things we want will seek us.
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you..." Matthew 6:33
Blessings to you as you discover His treasures...Rebecca
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (239)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (269)
- "LOVE IS..." and Other Things That Matter
- SONGS IN ORDINARY TIME
- PLEASE....SAY IT ISN'T SO!
- INNOCENT PRAYER AND GIGGLES, TOO!
- ~~~~~LIFE MADE EASIER~~~~~ ONE COTTAGE SIGN AT A T...
- ~~~VINTAGE PAINTING DESK~~~ Old Finds With a Purpo...
- SEEKING TREASURES BUT FINDING PEACE
- ~~OKLAHOMA CITY MEMORIAL ~~ WE ARE STILL HEALING
- I'M SORRY IT'S TAKING SOOOO LONG....
- PINK ROSE CANDLE - FREE GIFT DRAWING GIVE-A-WAY
- EVIDENCE OF GOD'S GRACE
- "BEHOLD, I STAND AT THE DOOR AND KNOCK..."
- SWEET EASTER MEMORIES OF A BIG BROTHER & LITTLE S...
- ~PRETTY SECOND HAND TABLE~ SHABBY COTTAGE CHIC
- PAINTING PINK ROSES....MY WAY!
- SHABBY CHIC STAIRWELL DECORATED COTTAGE STYLE
- HE LOVED US WITH A CROSS
- TURNING SIX. AND MACARONI
- ~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~ BELOVED BROTHER OF MINE
- ▼ April (19)