Saturday, September 17, 2011

~REVERIE IN BLUE~ Bedroom Makeover Pictures

Earlier this year when I started to entertain the thought of painting the walls of our guest room a soft, pale blue everyone in my family believed I'd lost my mind.   Still...the more I thought about it the more convinced I was my color choice was right.  The palette of my entire home is one of pale muted shades of blush pink, creams, whites and soft taupes.  Even though I knew I wanted to continue with the cottage white theme on the furniture, I wanted something completely different for the walls.  So...as I told you a couple of weeks ago I picked the color COOL ELEGANCE (Lowe's) and earlier this week finished painting all four walls.
~MY INSPIRATION PICTURE~
("Sweethearts" by Frederick Morgan)

I still have MUCH to do in the room.  I've carried the same romantic look I have throughout my home into this room as well and I'm loving how it is coming out.  The room feels light and the color is refreshing.  I've chosen cottage whites, creams and soft whites for the furniture and bedding (of course I did!) but I haven't as yet decided on how to dress the single window.  Thankfully we have plantation shutters so I'm not pressed to decide right away...I have a little time to plan.  I'm also on the hunt for a fabulous buffet mirror to go above the headboard (you know, those rectangle ones that are sometimes very ornate?) and also a couple of pretty accent fabrics for the bed pillows.  I'm thinking soft brown or a pretty floral).  I want the room to stay simple and uncomplicated but at the same time be completely romantic!
~MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER~
(Age 16 - Lillian Martin)

I know some of you are going to hate me (Carol from FL be nice to me!) but here are a couple of sneak-peek pictures I hope you will enjoy...

Promise...more soon!  In the midst of all my playing and decorating I do have to work! :)  My once FAT piggy bank looks like he's been fasting for far too long!!!

Hope your Saturday is awesome!

Love to you...
 

19 comments:

Carolyn or Connee said...

Just beautiful...I have a pale blue bedroom too.

Unknown said...

Very, very pretty! I love how this is coming around.

Ginger said...

Just gorgeous Miss R. You couldn't have made it any sweeter. You have such a good eye. I can see something with your painted roses in taupe or blush blue.
Xoxo
Ginger

donna!ee said...

beautiful room ... designers say shades of blue are perfect for a bedroom. it's calming & promotes peaceful rest. gorgeous space :)

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Oh It's looking so good Rebecca! Love the pic of your grandmother... how lovely. The wall color looks so soothing and calm. Can't wait to see more... you are teasing us you know!

Hugs, sherry

Primitive Echoes said...

I love the color you picked. It looks beautiful and very cottagey lol.
Kat

Yasmin Smith said...

Well, all I can say is "WOW!" What a pretty shade of blue, and I love it.
The white furniture is definetely the charmer in there, along with that beautiful picture and the little accent pieces you have so far added...
I really like the switch to the pale blue, Rebecca....I think your future guests will feel quite cozy staying in this room!! (Can I go,too??)
You are sneaky, though, only tempting us more with GLIMPES here and there of the room!! Can't wait for the whole view!
Have a happy weekend....Hugs, Yasmin

Blondie's Journal said...

It's all going to be beautiful, Rebecaa. You have wonderful taste! I painted my bedroom at the lake a soft blue, I wanted it to look like the water and the sky. It's such a pleasure to wake up there. Your guests are going to love it!

XO,
Jane

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I hear you girlfriend. My pig up and died! The room is looking gorgeous...as far as I can see! Have a great weekend. Maybe, I don't know, do something different, like maybe, REST!

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

I can see that your shade of blue is heavenly! Your room comfy and comfortingly pretty. I love sweet blue as much as my pink....Our master bedroom is soon to become a hue much like your guest room...we have just been procrastinating as it is such a large room and with down sizing, also has a roll top desk to house hubby's much used computer. lol! He is not wanting to move it. Sigh! It may be a spring project as I feel the chilly moving in now.

I know you feel so good having your project finished!
Jil

Mari said...

OHHH REBECCA ITS JUST DREAMY :)
WHAT A GORGEOUS SHADE OF BLUE :)
I FOR ONE WOULD LOVE TO SPEND THE NITE IN THAT BEAUTIFUL ROMANTIC ROOM :)
ONCE AGAIN A JOB BEAUTIFULLY DONE MY FRIEND :)

XOX~MARI

Jenna said...

Hi Rebecca, That's a really pretty shade of blue and I think it just brings out all the whites and makes them pop....I'm painting over my light blue family room and kitchen walls. we're going with a white/ vanilla color(crushed pearl is the name in satin finish)... I have always had colored walls so going in the direction of a white will be something new for us :o) Have a nice weekend! hugs Jennifer

NanaDiana said...

Love that shade of blue! I can't wait to see what you did with that room...and soft blue is really a complimentary color for pink. Now hurry up and post the rest of it!!!! xo Diana

Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Rebecca
Blue is good. When we did the kitchen reno this year I never thought I'd ever have the walls blue but really like it. A darker shade than yours as I was pulling out a small blue fleck in the black granite counter top.
The other rooms are paste coloursl too.
Judith

EllenaElizabeth said...

Hi,I'm not a blue lover but do love this shade of blue, it's pretty and dreamy. It's your house, do what you feel led to do.

Heaven's Walk said...

That is such a wonderfully calm and soothing color, Rebecca! Luv it! :)

xoxo laurie

Kerri said...

Hello Rebecca, I have been so busy painting that I wanted to stop by and see your latest postings. I have had this color on my bedroom walls for several years now, its really calm and relaxing... but now I want antique white walls with dusty rose color carpet.

When you get a minute stop by my blog, I posted a recipe Miss Molly would love =)

Have a blessed day!

xoxo
Kerri

Plantation White said...

Love it!

Chatty Crone said...

I happen to love the blue and think it will go great with the rest of your beautiful home! sandie

Blog Archive