Tuesday, May 29, 2012

~COTTAGE WHITE DREAMING...FRENCH PROVINCIAL SETTEE~

I found out on Friday my wee little booth space at Edmond Antiques was photographed for the latest newspaper ad coming out on Thursday!  How fun is that?
I'm drunk with joy! :)

As incredible as it is for me, today marks my 900th post.  I first began blogging back in January 2009 so this December I'll complete four years of on-line journaling.  If I'm being honest here, I'm wondering just what, if anything, I have left to share with you that I haven't already yapped about many, many times before...
Last week I snagged this wonderful vintage French Provincial Settee (or love-seat) at our local thrift store.  Even though the old piece has been reupholstered with a horrible country blue Herculon (with pink braiding no less!) the bones are fantastic and the newly replaced cushions are in perfect shape!  The price was so far below it's value and so it was one of those no-brain-er purchases.  About $50!  Crazy, huh?  I snapped this picture just before taking my Miss Mollie for a walk...that's why she has her harness and leash on...  She is such a silly dog!!!!
Now...my cottatge white dream plan is to hunt down a soft white Trigger or a medium weight canvas-style fabric to reupholster the settee in.
No florals.
No pink.
Nothing but white.
(SWOON!)

Won't it be just the dreamiest thing once it's madeover?

I can do this style of work so it shouldn't take me too long once I begin...just need to make a place to work as my Mr. AGPMan's shop is a bit too dusty for white fabric!  Anyway, in place of the cushion cording I'd like to add tiny (truly petite!) reverse pleat ruffles and then double-welt cording for the outside trim.  Not sure yet.  Also haven't decided if I will paint this piece a matching soft white and gently distress it OR leave it dark wood.  Depends on whether or not I end up selling it or keeping it!

(I'm leaning towards painting it, of course!!!!)
I'm off to add more new things to my booth space and then this afternoon I'll be working on new things for my website!  I have my Miss K in tow with me until Friday and we have lots and lots of fun things planned today even though it's a working-week for me!!!

Hope your day is equally as wonderful!

Love to you...

16 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That was quite the deal! Your little Miss Mollie is adorable!

Blondie's Journal said...

Congratulations on having your booth in the ad! It looks lovely! Very exciting!

The settee is going to be wonderful, I envy your skills. I have the ugliest settee in the world at the lakehouse and am looking for someone to reupholster it. Since we use it so much, I have to use something darker as far as fabric, as much as I love white.

Have a wonderful week with Miss K!

XO,
Jane

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

$50.00??? that is definately a deal...I know it will be beautiful when you get it done. I thought of you a couple weeks ago when I unpacked my Guest room boxes....there was my beautiful hanging sachet and my strawberry sachet....they are both in the guest room and look fantastic! One of these days...when the Lord blesses me with some extra money...I want one of your little suitcases.....
oh, and just to clear the air....you have not written enough to not have any more to share...so don't even go there!!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,

Why is Miss Molly silly? I think she's a very cute and hyper little fur baby.
You deserve for being photographed and published in the newspaper. Who else has such a great designer booth?!
Your French Provincial settee will do its name right after it has gone through your hands. Right now it doesn't resemble French Provincial at all. But you know better how to achieve that.
Love to you and Miss K.
Mariette

stefanie said...

i know you will make that beautiful!

Anne said...

Rebecca,
Congrats on getting your booth photographed for the paper.I think it all looks so pretty.And what a great find!That will look beautiful white.your dog is so sweet.Have fun shopping.:-)
((((((Hugs))))))
Anne

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it! And maybe you could share how you go about re-upholstering one if you have the time, of course?

I have a high-back Victorian-style settee that is lovely but definitely needs help:)

Susan said...

Rebecca, you could never say too much! I love each and every post. Your settee is gorgeous! I can't wait to see you put your touch to the piece.

NanaDiana said...

ORRRR- You could just paint the upholstery and all white! I love that your booth is getting some recognition already. You sooo deserve it- Blessings- xo Diana

Michele said...

Hi Rebecca ~~ How exciting for you to have your booth photographed in the newspaper ~~ truly a blessing ~ you deserve the JOY.

Blessing,
Michele
Pearl 13.1

EllenaElizabeth said...

You're teasing me by showing the ad you were featured in....wah!!! I so badly would love to visit. Anyhow all the best. I love the new settee you found as well. And of course as a dog lover I love your little pup. I have a scottish terrier myself and she is my constant companion.

Anonymous said...

How fun to have your booth get in the paper!!! Congratulations!! It truly is a masterpiece and thank you for showing me the how to post on the pergola-I have been very behind in reading my favorite blog posts due to all the things going on here.

I can't wait to see this love seat all dolled up in Rebecca-ness!

Janae said...

Your little Doggie is just too cute! I love how you spell her name with an "ie" instead of a "y" that's how I spell My Doggie & Kittens names too, Lacie & Billie too =]

Pink Paper Rose said...

Hi Rebecca,
Your booth is GORGEOUS, love your blog! Just finished up a setee similar to yours, I upholstered it using a HUGE raw cotton dropcloth from Lowes, only $34.99 (over by the plastic dropcloths). Soak it in the washer with bleach & water then throw it in the dryer... French farmhouse cotton! Oodles left over for pillows too!
I can't wait to see yours completed, I know it will look simply fabulous!
Blessings, Karen

Anonymous said...

WOW! You had me at $50.00! That is a gorgeous piece and I'm so thrilled you found it for ME ME ME! I have always loved this style of love seat. Feminine but hardy to hold up to man people. Goodness knows I grow men large and tall around here.. LOL I can't wait to see your finished piece!! I'm sure it will be as lovely as your booth is turning out.

on a side note.. you have no idea how long I have longed for a clean white/cream decor. But, I simply can't do it. I have always had a house full of crittes and it just wouldn't work for me. So, that said, I live vicariously through your images. Beautiful.
Hugs
Tammy

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

WOW!! 900 posts!!

Congrats!!

And I am so sure that you will always have something wonderful to share with all of us!!

Hugs,
Deb

Blog Archive