Monday, May 21, 2012

~ROMANTIC SHABBY WHITE CONES~

~~OOooooh La La~~
You know...it never ceases to amaze me how much great junque I can find when I'm pressed for time.  On Friday I only had about an hour to tag-sale-hunt and incredibly found more neat stuff than I can tell you.  But, since my guy's been busy working hard on my new booth space I didn't DARE bring one more thing home in need of his attention.  So...I passed on several items I would have loved to have in my space!  Seems like when I have days and days to tag-sale-hunt I find NOTHING and then on the days when I only have an hour or two to shop I find everything under the sun (and more!).
Anyway...today I'm going to brag a little about my latest SCORE!

My town only has a few thrift shops, but I make the rounds enough for the peeps behind the counter to know my first name. :)  Not sure that's a good thing or not.
Anyway...such is life on the junkin' circuit, right?
Do any of you remember the neat Victorian-ish looking company called THT (Tender Heart Treasures)?  They were based out of Omaha and they also had a retail division called Tender Heart Designs.  The company closed in 2008/09 and since that time I haven't seen anything like the products they sold which has been disappointing.  So many of us who love cottage decor bought from them so it was very sad when the company sold and/or folded.
Well, while out thrifting on Friday I found these sweet METAL CONES tossed in a large bin of metalware.  I knew immediately they were from THT because I purchased some just like them several years ago.  Incredibly there were fourteen CONES with twisty-wire-handles for the picking and so I brought all of them home with me.  Some have the little ruffled edge at the top and some do not...but, I love them all!

Not sure WHAT I'm going to do with them.  I may save them back for a Christmas project, but who knows!?  I think they'd be darling filled with dried hydrangeas because they really remind me of old Tussie Mussie bouquet holders!  But, for now I've filled them up with reprinted vintage music shreds and I'm loving how they look!

Pretty sweet huh?

Now...I own a good cross-cut paper shredder (good for destroying the gajillions credit card applications I get each month) and also one that just cuts in 7mm (about 1/4") strips.  I made the music shreds by scanning some vintage sheet music and then printing it on both sides of my paper.  Then it was fed through the shredder!  It makes WONDERFUL FILLER for lots and lots of sweet projects.  Can't remember where I got the idea (it certainly isn't new or my own), but I thought I'd pass it along just the same!  Try it....you'll love it!

I'm off to work!  Hope your Monday is filled with good things!

Love to you...

18 comments:

pembrokeshire lass said...

I love the cones. I haven't seen anything like them before (or if I have they haven't registered! I think they're great! I also like the idea of the shredded music paper. Have a great week. Joan

EllenaElizabeth said...

I love those white cones. Have never seen anything like these in Australia. They are just lovely and I know you'll come up with something special. I love putting sheet music through my shredder too. It's very cute.

Jill said...

They are beautiful and the sheet music is perfect in them!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Great find Rebecca. I love the sheet music filling and I can just imagine what you are going to be doing with these.

I know what you mean about the thrift stores....they know me by name too.

hugs
Sissie

Susan said...

The little cones are adorable!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Rebecca I soooo miss THT! I can't believe they went out of business :(
Your pictures are beautiful!

Julie Marie said...

Love those beautiful cones Rebecca... how fun it would be to have one filled with pretty flowers!... wish I could go junkin' with you one day, you find the best things!... xoxo Julie Marie

Celestina Marie said...

Oh Rebecca I miss THT so much and A Special Place too. Remember that second section, they had with all whites and pinks.
When I had my shop I purchased wholesale from them, repurposed and so forth. Sorry they had to close. I too still find there treasures out hunting. In fact I found a cherry cone recently and will repurpose it as well. Love the sweet ones you found and I had them too. They would be great at Christmas or anytime. I know you will make them even prettier with your touch.
Loving your new booth space. Oh what memories it brings having mine for 10 years. My guy also built for me and how hard I worked, but so loved it. I know you are not new to this either and going to have a wonderful time. Meeting the customers when filling the booth was so special for me. I have so many great friendships to this day because I had that space and we remain dear friends. I can't wait to see it finished and filled. When I come to Oklahoma I will have to visit for sure.

Thank you for stopping by and your sweet comment. I am so loving my cottage whites throughout and the best part, my dear guy really loves it too. Takes time to transform everything, but little by little my paint brush is swingin away.
I am on a working vacation this week to finish my studio, take some day trips and of course go a junkin!!!!

Oh my, I wrote a book~~~~ Have a special week my friend.
Love you and all your talents.
Celestina Marie

Unknown said...

I love your finds. Yes, when hubby is waiting, so very patiently, in the car for me, I find tons of stuff but when i can spend all day browsing...NOTHING! lol

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,

You truly did hit the jackpot again with your treasure hunting. And you are such a super-smart girl for always knowing at the beat of a drum WHAT to do with it.
Enjoy this new week.
Love,
Mariette

Ellen said...

wowww Rebecca, the white cones are soooo beautiful!!

Hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Oh Rebecca, sweet sweet sweet. My little Rebecca would just love these!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Those cones are adorable! You got a great find there:)

Sonya Badgley said...

Hello dear Rebecca,
YES, I do remember THT! How sad that they had to close. I love the white cones! What a find!

I am loving the pics of your booth by the way.

Hugs and love,
Sonya

Marilyn said...

I wondered what had happened to that little catalog I used to get. I do miss all the pretties, but now I guess you are my eye candy now! Have a good week.♥♫

NanaDiana said...

Those are gorgeous cones. I DO remember that company. What a sad thing that they closed. I even love your paper shreds. xo Diana

Donna said...

Rebecca,
You find the best pretties! I adore the cones. Your booth is going to be gorgeous with all your merchandise. I can't wait to see it finished.
Hugs,
Donna

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

You do find the sweetest things..and make them into something even sweeter. I never fail be be amazed at what you can do. Things in my home remind me of you daily. But then I've told you that before.
Now I'm off to see if you have anything listed. :) (naturally!)
Love,
Mona

Blog Archive