Wednesday, May 16, 2012

~MY WHITE PAINTED WOOD PERGOLA BOOTH SPACE~

   Today I'm showing you really crummy pictures taken of my new booth-space-in-the-making!  Since I left my trusty old camera at home (what respectable blogger does that????) I had to use my daughter's camera phone instead!  So, forgive me in advance for the not-so-great photos!  Promise...better shots are coming soon! 
 Anyway, on Tuesday my Mr. AGPMan and I went down to the Shoppe where I'm going to be opening up a new booth space and got to work!  Together we unloaded almost all the painted wood pieces for the pergola style framework with plans to return on Wednesday to assemble it all.
I'm so loving all my guy has created and I'm so grateful that SOMEHOW he finds time to squeeze in his wifey projects while being in school.... 
Well, today, as fate would have it, our SILove, Micah the Wonderful, showed up just in time (with our beautiful daughter in tow) to SAVE HELP us put it all together.
 Micah is almost a foot taller than I am and it was MORE than fabulous having his rough and tough self to help out!!!  Our two guys had the framework all screwed  together (nope, no nails!) in no time.  I have no idea WHAT I'm doing in front of this cabinet...looks like I'm trying to keep it from falling over or something....????
 While Adrienne and I stood around and watched our men work the two of us did little more than scream out the occasional WATCH OUT! and BE CAREFUL!  Nearly owned myself a broken curved-glass cabinet and LOTS of damaged $pottery$!

EEEEEEK!

So...the picture above it what my space looks like at present.  Still have the vintage doors and windows to hang along each of the booth's sides and some other architectural things as well.  Before long I'll be working to fill-'er-up...

Sooo exciting!

Now...I didn't get a picture of my beautiful girl, Adrienne, helping us with the booth space so I'm showing you the one taken on Mother's Day.  Now...you might not believe this, but my daughter is several inches taller than I am.  Generally she wears flats while I'm always wearing heels...  So~ she almost always looks shorter than I am!
(My poofy hair helps, too!)
 :)
I love this girl SO MUCH and I'm sooo terribly proud of her!  Beautiful on the outside, but I promise you she's just as beautiful and lovely on the inside as well.
Not many pictures are taken showing my guy's gorgeous blue eyes.  Well here's one that makes me swoon!  After 33 years of marriage I'm still in love with this man!
(Keeper of my heart!)

I'll be back soon with more to share!  Hope your week is going great!

Love to you from a tired and very, very sore,

29 comments:

Unknown said...

Getting closer! Squeee!

sweetvintageofmine said...

A Great Setting and Look for your Booth! Can't wait to see...I know it will be beautiful...Blessings! from one sweetie to another...Roxie

ShabbyESP said...

I am so excited for you Rebecca my friend!!!!
Cannot wait to see your booth when it is done but I know it will be beautiful. Your work is wonderful!!!
Have fun my BB (Blogging Buddy)!!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

Deanna said...

all looks beautiful!!!

EllenaElizabeth said...

Can't wait to see your booth when it's all set up. Wish I could visit it too, but living in Australia sort of counts that out. All the best.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Your booth looks great! I can't wait to see it filled with your pretties!

Carol

Unknown said...

This is so exciting! I am so happy for you.

Moments of Grace said...

Rebecca,
How exciting this is!! I am so eager to see the end result. I know you will have a huge success as your work is always so very beautiful.
Blessings to you today.

In Grace,
Marie

Diane said...

That is going to be one fine looking booth! Love those old doors. And you have a lovely family too. You and your daughter look like you could be sisters.

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Ohhhh Rebecca what fun!! Your booth is going to be beautiful! What a sweet family you have!

Theresa said...

LOVING what I see:) Wish I lived closer, some of your pretties would reside with me! Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

Patty Patterson said...

It looks GREAT! You're doing a wonderful job. I can't wait to see all the neat stuff you put in it!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

It's coming together; looking great! You look great too, by the way! Have a beautiful day, Rebecca.

Blessings,
Sandi

Marilyn said...

Everyone else in the building will be wishing YOU were in charge of their space! It looks great already.♥♫

Julie Marie said...

Hurry up and get that done, I MISS YOU!!!... Aren't the words Look Out and Be Careful the most important part of the project??? I would certainly think so... can't wait to see your booth all fufu'd up when you are finished... your daughter is beautiful... just like her mama... xoxo Julie Marie PS MR. AGP's eyes are gorgeous too! Love those baby blues...

~CC Catherine said...

Hello Rebecca! This Pergola is turning out beautiful! I'm not surprised, you have a great team helping you! :) It's cute that you call your SIL your Son In Love...I call me son's wife the same..only Daughter...and call my MIL, Mother In Love. It sounds SO much more endearing, doesn't it? ;) I've missed visiting you. You are a blessing to so many....Take Care...and BEST of BLESSINGS on your new venture with the booth! I wished I lived nearby so I could come visit it!

Hugs from GA...
~CC Catherine

Valerie said...

Love love love your booth! I am a follower as of a few minutes ago. I found you through Sweet Vintage of Mine. You had commented and I love to see the blogs that comment. Yours is absolutley beautiful! Will be fun following your blog.

Debra@CommonGround said...

This is looking great, can't wait to see it filled with all your wonderful goodies!!

Unknown said...

Hello! Thank you for stopping by, especially in the middle of your big move-in/prep event!
I did NOT know that my pin was Guilloche. I looked it up and I am amazed at the technology involved in something so small. Thank you for filling in that blank. Blessings!

romance-of-roses said...

You don't look a bit tired in the pic, what I see is a beautiful couple happy and in love. I haven't known you very long but feel somehow that I have, don't know why. I used to have a booth a few yrs. ago and enjoyed it so much, but as I said before my dh had a stroke and seems like the world shut down for us. Continued love and happiness to you both. Hugs...Lu

Jen said...

Fun to see your booth before everything goes in Rebecca. I can't wait to see the after when you've completed your magic.

Terrific picture of you and your daughter!

My honey has very blue eyes as well. Married 33 years this fall and still love my guy too.

A good soak and good night sleep and you will be as good as new! lol

Take care
Jeannette

Ginger said...

Looks like it will be beautiful. Can't wait to come shopping.

B sure to let me know when you open.
G

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Rebecca,

What a lovely picture of you and your daughter. You look so much alike. It is so wonderful that you are still in love with your husband after 33 years. I feel the same about mine after almost 20 years of marriage. It is so wonderful!
Blessings,
Amy Jo

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your booth is looking so awesome! It is heartwarming to see the love you have for your family.:)

The Girl said...

Woah. That requires hard work!

Mouse said...

oooooo I could just do with one of those over my pond ;) love the photos of you all.. your DD looks so like you too :)hope you have a wonderful weekend :) love mouse xxxxx

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,

That is a lovely pergola space for your shoppe!
Had to sneak peak the previous post as we just got home today after a 7-hour trip by car (we were chauffeured however) from Port Canaveral where our 5-day cruise to the Bahamas started and ended. Lovely relaxing time and no blogging...
By the way, your husband does have special blue eyes (mine too!) but you were the dominant person in passing the color on to your daughter...
Love to you and enjoy the weekend!
Mariette

Unknown said...

Dear Rebecca:

What fun! Can't wait to see it filled with all your pretties and your magical touch. You are an inspiration! Oh and WHERE did you get that gorgeous black blouse/top? You are all adorable! My beloved has gorgeous blue eyes too :::swoon:::

Have a great weekend! I am so behind on blogging so I will peek around here :)
xo
Roselle

Anonymous said...

Rebecca I am doing a little series on booth displaying. I would love to show off your pergola that you made for your space and am wondering if that would be ok, and if so is there a way I can copy the picture with a link to you?

Thanks so much!
mary

Blog Archive