Wednesday, May 2, 2012

~ROMANTIC COTTAGE WHITE PILLOWS~

One would think with as much sewing as I do I wouldn't have trouble getting back to some of my half finished personal projects.  Not true. 

What is it that they say about plumbers?  Something about them always having leaky sinks???

Hmmm...
 To help me stay on top of things around my La Chaumière de Briarwood I've gotten into PRIORITY PROJECT LIST MAKING.  I'm wondering if I'm getting old here or maybe it's just I've FINALLY decided to become a bit more organized.  My guy is a list-maker;  I, on the other hand, never have been.
 It's probably why I seem to make a gajillion trips to the grocery store because once I get there I can't remember what all I was needing.

Anyway...all that to say this~ 
About a month ago I finished up two white cotton pillows for my family room.  Made from vintage sheeting they include petite all around ruffles with vintage buttons accenting the envelope style fronts.  I purchased two feather pillows at TJ Maxx for the insides.  They were heavily discounted because they were made with fabric that was SO UGLEEEE  (this was cheaper than just buying the feather inserts)! Generally I don't make this style of pillow so I'm lovin' how they came out.  I put a zipper at the base on the back so they can be easily cleaned, too!
Today I'm linking up with:

 Kathleen at Faded Charm for White Wednesday 
and
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday


 You will LOVE everything see there...such fun parteees!

Hope your day is fab!

Love to you...

14 comments:

Old Time Cindy said...

Your pillows are so sweet. I'm a list maker...problem is...I don't like to look at the list after it's completed.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful, Rebecca! I love the petite ruffles. I'm in the same boat ~ I have about 3-4 projects that are not completed and they are for me. I'm hoping to wrap them up by the weekend though because I'm getting tired of moving them off my sewing table!

Theresa said...

Gorgeous! Everything you make is GORGEOUS! Talented lady, you are a mighty talented lady! Enjoy your day my friend, HUGS!

NanaDiana said...

Okay- THOSE are gorgeous...but...but...you have a black and white chair? You surprised e! xo Diana

Rita said...

Your pillows turned out lovely! You are not only an artist but a seamstress too. Love it! I have a feeling you have many other talents too.

Anne said...

Rebecca,
LOVE these pillows.They are perfect on your chair.Have a great day!
Anne

Blondie's Journal said...

Very pretty, Rebecca! Smart idea buying the whole pillow to cover.

I am a list maker and then I forget where I put them! lol!

Have a great day!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Just stopping by to say Hi..May you have the best week ever my friend..Hugs and smiles Gloria

SImple and Serene Living said...

Your pillows are lovely.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Rebecca,
I think there is nothing lovelier than pretty white ruffled pillows and these are soooooooooo beautiful!!!

hugs
Sissie

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Those pillows are beautiful! I have so many projects on my sewing list. I like to buy pillows at thrift stores to remake--you can often get great deals. I bought a pillow in heavy upholstery fabric yesterday for $2 because when I unzipped it there was a nice perfectly clean feather pillow form:) Your pillows inspire me to get sewing:)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how we as crafters do our own homes last!!! I've yet to do the many things I've had locked in my brain for a year. I started with some curtains but have yet to get to my pillows. In time, all due time. Hugs. T

Sylvia Cruz Smith said...

Beautiful Pillows and everything else! You're creativity is inspiring! Love, Sylvia Smith, Cibolo, Tx.

Sylvia Cruz Smith said...

Beautiful Pillows and everything else! You're creativity is inspiring! Love, Sylvia Smith, Cibolo, Tx.

Blog Archive