Sunday, May 20, 2012

~THOUGHTS ON A SUNDAY MORNING...WRITTEN IN RED~

My daughter and I are very close.  I thank God every day for her precious life and the beautiful, giving spirit she carries inside her.

It's God given.

Heaven sent.

Although we are vastly different, we are definitely bonded at the hip heart.  As time permits, and if given the chance, the two of us can wile away the hours chatting about lots of stuff or absolutely nothing.

One day last week I was having a real
bummer-of-a-day
when the doorbell rang.  When I opened the door the flowers you see at the top were waiting for me.
I knew immediately who they were from~

She is my girl-child and I know her well.

And...

Since the day she was born I've proudly written out her given name of

A*D*R*I*E*N*N*E

with love.

Early Saturday evening while I was having some quiet time I reflected upon a passage of scripture that brought to mind the loving relationship I have with my only daughter.  I had just been thanking God for the blessing of her life and telling Him how grateful I was for our close bond when I came upon a verse found in Isaiah.  It says this:

"I have written YOUR NAME on my hand."
(Isaiah 49:16)

For whatever the reason, at that very moment I was overwhelmed with the thought that as much as I know and love my girl, God loves and knows me (and her) even more!  

Isn't that just amazing?

Your name is written upon the hand of God Himself.

The Creator of life
and all living things
knows you by name!

WOW!

How is that even possible?  It's true.

And to prove it to you He selflessly wrote it out in

RED.

~~*~~

May you always remember there is nothing you can ever do that can separate you from the love of God.

Blessings for a beautiful Sunday.
(Thank you for the flowers, Adrie-Girl!)
Love to you...

13 comments:

~*Sharee*~ said...

My mom is my best friend also hun; we diffidently are blessed..what sweet words to think of as I go to bed...thanks hun.

Hugs, Shar

Shabby chic Sandy said...

What a beautiful post! I too have a very close relationship with my oldest daughter, and deep bonds with all my children. You could never explain it to someone who isn't a Mother. Beautiful flowers and beautiful thoughts. TFS

Unknown said...

A beautiful reminder.Thank you.

NanaDiana said...

What a touching post, Rebecca. I have tears in my eyes. So often I forget that I am loved more than I love. Crazy, isn't it? You said it beautifully. xo Diana ps. AND your flowers are beautiful.

Julie Marie said...

So beautiful Rebecca... the flowers, your daughter, you... and your writings... wishing you a Sunday that is just as beautiful, xoxo Julie Marie

Patty Patterson said...

Beautiful message! I really don't think we can ever fully comprehend the love that God has for us - but you've just explained it and made it as clear as possible. Amazing, isn't it?

Marilyn said...

I feel the same way about my Sarah, and our gift from God. Blessings to you today and everyday!♥♫

Jill said...

Beautiful flowers that represent love in it's purest form. I am glad you all have each other.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,

Sweet gifts of flowers from your special Adrie-Girl! It means a lot and it sure does feed your soul and makes you go on with whatever needs to be taken care of the coming week.
Love to you,

Mariette

Sherri B. said...

A very sweet post. How thoughtful your daughter is. - Thank you for sharing the scripture that The Lord put on your heart. I love the thought that my name is written on His hand. xo

Shirley said...

Hi Rebecca, How do children know when moms needs that little something to give them a boost? Your flowers are beautiful. My oldest son seems to know when mom needs that pick me upper. God helps us get through many a day and I really liked your words today. Have a great week. Your Missouri Friend.

Sonya Badgley said...

Beautiful post, beautiful flowers, dear friend. And how wonderful your relationship is with your daughter. My daughter and I have that same kind of relationship-what a blessing from God!
And yes...How much greater HE loves us-we can't even fully fathom this! But oh, I'm so thankful.
Have a blessed week.
Love and hugs,
Sonya

Janae said...

What a nice thing for your daughter to do. The flowers are so pretty! I was going to write how my Mother & I are very close as well, but I see my Mother (shabby chic sandy) has already commented on this post and she wrote! haha. Its funny, I will often go to comment on someones blog and see what I was going to write she already has! lol

Blog Archive