Tuesday, May 22, 2012

~FRENCH WHITE CHALKBOARDS MAKE MY HEART SING~

 Yesterday evening my Mr. AGPMan helped me attach wire hangers onto the backs of these two chalkboard signs.  He's been trying to teach me to use a new staple gun and like everything TOOL RELATED I've been in the
"I really don't want to learn this" mode of thinking! :(
  I've used electric guns many times in the past (lots for upholstery work!), but this gun is for smaller jobs and is really powerful and fast.  I nearly shot myself in the arm with it! :(  So...I've decided this time to really pay attention to what my guy is telling me.  I happen to like having eyes...you know?
 
I worked on my new booth space most of the day yesterday and was happy to get everything I had taken down to the Market tagged and priced.  I'm returning today with another load and probably on Wednesday as well.  Last week I worked on lots of new things....things I don't generally sell on my website due to their size!  Chalkboard signs are something new for me even though I've made a couple for my home.
Isn't the frame neat on this one?  I got a great picture on clearance at a craft shoppe and thought it would be darling transformed into a chalkboard.  I removed the glass and used the backing for the chalkboard paint.  The smaller one is a vintage frame and had an ugly print on the inside.  I just painted over the old painting with the same brush-on chalkboard paint (removed it first from the frame) and then whitewashed the wooden frame before gently aging it!

Hope to show you more pics of my new booth soon.  I'm loving it so much...I'm tired...but it's a good tired.

Hope you day is wonderful!

Love to you...

18 comments:

EllenaElizabeth said...

These chalkboards are beauties. Great work.

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

These are fab! LOVE the larger one ~ gorgeous frame! Can't wait to see pics of your booth space :)

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Rebecca your frames are so pretty!! It will be fun to be able to sell larger things that are too big to ship ~

xoxo
Lori

Theresa said...

Love the chalkboard frames! Gorgeous... just like everything else you create:) Can't wait to see your booth! It will be the one everyone wants to shop in! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Faye said...

They are so pretty! Love the frames and what a great idea!

Moments of Grace said...

Rebecca,
I am sooooo excited over your new shop. The fabric over the upper beams, the lovely items you will be able to display, and now your lovely chalkboards. Oh, how I wish I could be there on opening day!

I look forward to the photos of your finished space and pray God will bless you in your new adventure.

In Grace,
Marie

Yasmin Smith said...

Never think I am not keeping up with you because I don't comment...
it has been busy/crazy with my hubbs having four by-passes last Wednesday. He did great (and is in the re-hab part of hospital now) so
I had a minute to myself. Your new booth sounds like it will be a
"show-stopper" and I wish you the best of luck with it...the items you have shown that are going in it are beautiful....have fun!!
Love you, Francy (Yasmin)

Unknown said...

I am loving your booth already and it's not even done. I am open to learning most things as long as it does not involve math because then I start to cry!
I WISH I had a button for you to put on your blog but when it comes to stuff like that, I am all thumbs!

Lavender Cottage said...

Hello Rebecca
Taking time from gardening to visit a few blog friends. I think your booth will be a big hit and I look forward to seeing photos of it. The contrast of the white frame and chalkboard looks very nice.
Judith

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Rebecca...did you watch antique roadshow last night. A man bought 2 pictures at a garage sale for $5.00. The one he liked was worth 500.00...the one that he had to take?? $20,000 dollars. Check those ugly pics!!! You could be a millionaire!!!

Unknown said...

That is so sweet of you! I would love that, thanks! Do I need to send anything to you are are you going to surprise me?

Julie Marie said...

Those are sooo pretty Rebecca... I want one!... xoxo Julie Marie PS PLEASE don't shoot yourself in the arm with the staple gun... I've done it, it hurts!

Anonymous said...

As always, the array of ideas you share give me inspiration for my own home. We have a write/wash board we leave notes on daily to each other but your chalk board is so much prettier. I'm thinking it wouldn't be too hard to find a good fram to put my dry erase in. I'll have to look for a frame now... thanks :>\... but thanks!! :) Hugs. T

NanaDiana said...

GREAT looking chalkboards. Love them. BE CAREFUL...we don't want you losing an eye OR shooting yourself in the arm. I am excited to see pictures of your booth all set up. xo Diana

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh, Rebecca, those are sooo pretty! I love shabby white frames and blackboards together. And please be careful with the gun, dear lady. I don't think I would be brave enough to use one although I have braved other things before. Have a delightful week.

Blessings and hugs,
Sandi

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,

That is a very clever idea for show-casing the larger items. Those chalkboards are lovely.
You write with such humor... about your eyes and such. Love it.
Take care girl and you might not even want to go home once you've settled into this new booth of you!
Love,

Mariette

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your chalkboards look great. I love having chalkboards all over. My kids like to leave me messages:)

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love chalkboards and their vintage and shabby chic looks! Thanks for sharing.


Ciao Bella
Sensible Sarah

Blog Archive