Thursday, November 29, 2012

~THINKING OF YOU~

  "LIKE A COMET BLAZING ACROSS THE EASTERN SKY~
GONE TOO SOON..."

Celebrating the life of my Grandmother who
went to heaven four years ago this today....

"I miss you Grams.  Thank you so much for all you did for me...especially for your wise counsel and giving heart.  I love you!"
Busy days that include holiday decorating can sometimes leave you breathless, but the weather is so gorgeous here in Oklahoma I decided to make Thursday my errand day anyway.  Yesterday I spent most of the day decking the halls (windows, walls and doors) of our La Chaumière de Briarwood and I fell into my warm, cozy bed absolutely exhausted late last night.  I'll be sharing more pics of my home soon!
Thank you to Miss Noreen of LIFE BLESSINGS for the amazing book I recently won on her GIVEAWAY!  On December 28th I'm scheduled for surgery on both my hands (Carpel Tunnel) and the down time after Christmas will give me a change to read it.  I can't wait.  Thank you, friend!  I hope you will all visit her precious, inspiring and uplifting blog.  It's wonderful!

Blessings as you go about your day today!

Love to you...

11 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Love and prayers to you as you cherish your grandmother today (and always) dear Rebecca... five years ago yesterday, my sweet daddy left to be with my mama in Heaven... I have had a hard time this week... trying to keep my mind busy... I miss him... xoxo Julie Marie

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Rebecca your tree is gorgeous!! I love it.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

NanaDiana said...

I know you must be missing your grandmother today. I hope your heart is soothed by the thought of how special you must have been to her. Your tree is looking gorgeous so far.

I will be praying for your surgery. I know your hands are what makes YOU you~you use them for all your beautiful handiwork. Blessings- xo Diana

ps. Pop by if you get a chance and wish my little SweetCheeks a Happy Birthday- she is going to read all the comments.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,
Sentimental feelings are even stronger at this time of year. But your Grandma's memories live on with you!
Hugs to you,
Mariette

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Sweet thoughts about your Grandma--

I love your tree! It is totally amazing. We need to see more pictures of it!

Good luck with your surgery :)

Unknown said...

I know you are missing your grandmother today. Just remember alll the great times you had with her. Sometimes that seems to bring them close again. Sometimes it makes you feel like they are right next to you.
Sending prayers for the success of your surgery. Both hands?! Can you imagine the things you will be able to create with both hands functioning so much better. I thought you were great with hurting hands!
The book looks great! Happy reading!

Barb said...

Miss R.

This is such a touching post. You have such a gracious blog.

Rebecca, thanks for coming over to my new blog. I'm not doing the follower thing on this one....I did a lot of praying about this new blog and gave it to the Lord. I am letting Him guide my hand with it.

Thanks for your visit and your encouragement....always!

Love, B

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Well it sure paid off because that is beautiful.

XO,

Sheila

Theresa said...

Sweet tribute to your Grandmother! Enjoy your weekend and I'll be praying for successful surgery and quick recovery:) HUGS!

Carolyn said...

Ahh, I know how difficult it is losing a grandmother...will be missed forever. Thanking the Lord for all those sweet memories. I will be praying for you and also praying for success in your surgery with a speedy recovery. How difficult it will be to keep your hands still, but I agree the chance for down time is perfect for one of my favorite things to do - read! Hope the book is wonderful!

Blessings! Carolyn

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Good Morning, Rebecca!

So nice stopping by to visit your beautiful blog. Such a warm, loving place. There is also something very familiar and I realize that I purchased a gorgeous pillow from you (probably on ebay) many years ago. :) You are a very talented lady and create such beauty.

Kindly, Lorraine

Blog Archive