Thursday, November 1, 2012

~MOVING TOWARDS A BETTER TOMORROW~


November the first.  Can you believe it?  Seems like yesterday we were all whining about the heat of the summer sun and now here we are closing in on winter!  I'd love to tell you that for my Mr. AGPMan and I the year has flown by, but that wouldn't be the truth.  I do believe the past 12-18 plus months have been the slowest passing months we've EVAHHHHH lived.  EVAHHHHH!
They say good things come to those who wait and I suppose that is truer for us today that ever before.  Tonight my guy will attend one of his last three remaining FIVE HOUR LONG~Thursday Night Classes~and in just two short weeks he will complete the accelerated degree program he began in May 2011.  After years and years of talking about returning to school he finally got his bummerita in gear and walked right back thru the very door he walked out of as a twenty-something kid in 1978....  
 On December the 8th of this year he'll dance jump run walk across the stage at Southern Nazarene University in Bethany, Oklahoma and receive his college diploma.  He will officially have earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science.  
LottaWattah under the bridge since the picture above was taken back in November 1977.  We were both in college and didn't have a clue what was in store for us or the many twists and turns in the road of life we would face together.
Quite a journey we've been on.
Quite a journey!

   The photo below was snapped back in 1984 around the time I found out I was going to have our daughter...  Busy days raising our little son, Brandon, and they were about to get even more exciting when baby #2 arrived in October of the same year.  

No time and no money for school!
If you missed any of the posts about setting things right in our lives the first one began HERE.
They continue HERE and HERE and HERE.
 And here we are last Christmas.

A whole lot older and a lot wiser, too!  Today my beloved has silver streaked hair and a lot less of it, but still as handsome as ever.  We are still madly in love and blessed to be together after 34 years of marriage.  We are still passionate about life and still committed to bettering ourselves and finishing the things we started so long ago.

It's never too late to go back and right a wrong.  Never.
 
Not sure I'll be able to contain my joy (or stay silent) come graduation day.  You know how they always say
HOLD YOUR APPLAUSE 'TILL THE END...

Well, are you kidding me?  Seriously?  Do they honestly believe this high-maintenance-girl is going to keep quiet while watching the man of her dreams grab his diploma and fulfill his life-long desire of earning his college education?

  Nope.

Not gonna happen.

I'm going to be a crying, wailing, cheering fool and I don't care whose watching.

~~*~~

 The countdown to the celebration has begun!  

Love to you...

25 comments:

annaKristianne said...

This post is so sweet! And reminds me of my two parents--my adopted parents. I'm so glad I've discovered your blog!

pembrokeshire lass said...

Oh Rebecca....how wonderful! Hard work really does pay off and those dreams really do come true when you take the decision and the first step. I, too, would be standing shouting, clapping, jumping up and down and crying. Well done him and well done you in releasing him to follow his dream and standing with him through the tough times! Joan

Diane said...

I know you are gonna be so proud. And might I say....the 2 of you are more beautiful and handsome with time...Congrats To Mr AGP. to you both, Diane

Cindy The Victorian Journey said...

Bravo Rebecca, Congrats to the Mr. I enjoyed sharing your journey. Beautiful then, beautiful now.. Hugs and Congrats to you both... so many roads, so many right paths, one step at a time. Hugs, Cindy

Julie Marie said...

Way to go Mr. AGP!!!... (bummerita??? tee hee hee )... so happy for both of you... and I know how excited you will be Rebecca... I will be here cheering and yelling for him as well that day... much love, xoxo Julie Marie

Christmas-etc... said...

Oh... I am so happy for you both!! What an accomplishment! Well done!
Blessings!
Ann
Be sure to check out my give-a-way!

Marilyn said...

Wish I could be there-just to watch you as the big moment finally arrives. Best wishes to both!!♥♫

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,

That countdown will go so FAST! And than it's over, you will be facing a whole new Christmas period in your lovely home with fond memories. More time for one another too. So glad this has come to an end. Wishing you a very happy time, looking forward to that big day.
Hugs,
Mariette

Theresa said...

You tell that husband of yours that THIS GEORGIA Gal is extremely proud of him:) So happy that he took this on, along with all of the other stuff in life and is ALMOST finished! Congrats to him and you for cheering him on! BIG HUGS!

Lisa said...

Congrats to Steve! Well done! His testimony declares it's NEVER too late! Beautiful post.:)

Yasmin Smith said...

Well, what a happy post today!and you just go ahead and cry, wail, cheer, and shout when your handsome guy waltzs across that stage to receive his diploma, you deserve to let it all out...and he deserves the joy you will be sharing with him!!
I KNOW it has been a long, hard, sometimes lonely, journey for the two of you, and I am so happy he is going to be able to fulfill his dream come December. If you had not been the caring, giving wife you are, it would have been impossible for him to accomplish this dream. And if he had not been the strong-will man to stick to the path he chose, he would not have finished it.
But you are both "troopers"!!! I am so proud for you both!!
Love and hugs to you, Francy

Carolyn said...

AWESOME Post!!!! Congratulations to you both for dedication and perseverance!!! Yippeee!! :) I have to agree with you, Rebecca, I wouldn't be able to keep quiet on such a great day coming!!! Hip-hip-horray!! :D

Jan's Blog said...

Absolutely Inspirational. Thanks for telling the story. Thanks for the much needed kick in my pants. I've off to accomplish something...

Unknown said...

How exciting. Another blogger with happy news of blessings. Tell him congratulations for me.

NanaDiana said...

Rebecca-I am so excited for both of you- He could NOT have done it without all the good support you offered him. Blessings and love to both of you- xo Diana

Mr. AGP Man said...

Oh my Dearest Rebecca, I cannot believe it is almost over and we can get back to doing everything together as we have always done. I could not have made it without you cheering me on. I love the post. Thanks for always taking pictures. Who would have thought all those years ago, taking all those pictures with the Polaroid and that little Kodak camera, that technology would allow you to share them as you do now on your blog. Isn't it just amazing!
You are as beautiful in the last picture as you are in the first. You amaze me!

All my love,
me

Carolyn said...

Rebecca, I have to ask you...on your music list, "In His Time" is that Amy Grant? it says unknown...but it sounds like Amy Grant. But when I try to pull it up on YouTube, it doesn't come up. I figured since your husband is in the music ministry, maybe you would know... (I think I read that at one time???)
Love Amy Grant...her voice is so beautiful!!

Thanks!
Carolyn

Pam said...

So happy for your son! What an honor to be getting his degree! Your hubby is adorable. I can tell you have a wonderful loving family. xo Pam

myletterstoemily said...

what an amazing accomplishment!
congratulations to the 'young'
graduate!!!

EllenaElizabeth said...

A big moment for you all. Well done.

Ann said...

Congratulations Mr. AGP Man. Job well done. Do I hear MBA is next? kidding. Life will get back to normal but you will never be the same in some ways. You will look at your diploma with great pride. Now pull out your to do list...diploma ... done.

White Lace and Promises said...

You go girl! You jump and shout and shake your head and do whatever you feel like. This celebration belongs to you both.
Whoo Hoo!!!
Praising Loudly with you!

Deanna said...

The two of you should be super happy that this accomplishment is almost under the belt sort to speak.

You should hear me hollering from Kansas just about now joining in with your excitement.

CONGRATS to the two of you!!!!!
CONGRATS!!!!! Awsome.

Glad for you,
d

Linda said...

A big CONGRATULATIONS to your hubby...and to you Rebecca. His graduation is a huge accomplishment, and I know you are so very proud of him! I love the comment he posted here for you! That was so tender and sweet!

You cheer loudly and jump up and down...and clap and applaud his success! AND take some pictures, so we can all feel like we were there with you. (:>)

Love, Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Алла АА said...

ПОЗДРАВЛЯЮ! ОЧЕНЬ КРАСИВАЯ ПАРА!СЧАСТЬЯ ВАМ И ЗДОРОВЬЯ!

Blog Archive