Wednesday, November 28, 2012

~WEE LITTLE STOCKINGS~

Ever since we returned from our little getaway it seems I've been busy as ever.  I've had Fall decor to pack up for another year, shop orders to fill and of course the decking of the halls inside our La Chaumière de Briarwood for Christmas has been a priority!  Such fun!
I'm super excited because my sweet Miss K is coming over this weekend to help me with the final touches.  I promised her when she was here a few days ago I'd  help her make Stocking Sachet Ornaments and Hangers!  Can't WAIT to see what my favorite little girl comes up with.  She loves BRIGHT COLORS and LOTSAH GLITTER....  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

(I'll be SURE to share with you HER CREATIONS!  :)
 I, on the other hand, LOVE WHITE!  But then you probably all know that by now! 
 Soft white vintage linens and sweet cottons trimmed with aging laces just make my heart SING!
I'm still crushin' on this sweet Sepia Santa image!
 Remember last summer when my Miss K and I went to Tennessee to visit my sister?  Well...while I was there I found this AMAZING metal Christmas Stocking at an antique mall in her town.  It was only a few bucks and I loved that it was made from reproduced vintage style ceiling tiles!
 I brush painted it with my favorite cottage white paint (Behr/Home Depot) and that was it!
Not sure WHAT I'm going to do with it yet...I may give it one more light coat or two...I'd like it a bit more WHITE!

OK...I'm off for today.  Much to do and I don't want to get behind!

Love to you...

13 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love white too :) Your creations are so pretty. You sure keep yourself busy!

Yasmin Smith said...

Rebecca....I love your little white stockings!! They are the sweetest things!! I am following you through the decorating, even when I don't have time to comment. So far everything looks fabulous!! The dining room is gorgeous with all the trees and white lace..I am sure the rest of the house will be just as wonderful...I hope you post more pictures of each room!!
We are in the process of moving and down-sizing and I won't be decorating this year, which makes me sad, but there is still so much to do and the movers are coming to finish up the heavy things on Dec. 7....this house has not sold yet but I have "lookers" coming Friday. and so much left to do something with....Pray the house sells soon...but not before I finish emptying it. LOL
I know you will enjoy Miss K and her ornament making!! She must be such a joy to you. She is such a bright little girl, I am sure she will be like her Nana and have a lot of artistic talents!!
Sending love to you...Francy

NanaDiana said...

Love your sweet little stockings and I can't wait to see what MissK cones up with. I am just about done decorating here-can't believe it.

I love your metal stocking- I have not seen another like it. xo Diana

Julie Marie said...

Those little stockings are so pretty Rebecca!... have fun with darling Miss K... hope she loved her little necklace I sent her, xoxo Julie Marie

Theresa said...

I love your creations AS ALWAYS:) I know you will enjoy this day whatever it holds! Can't wait to see what Miss K creates:) Have a blessed day, HUGS!

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Beautiful little stockings! I can't wait to see Miss K's creations.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful, Rebecca! I love all the stockings you've made. It sounds like you've got a full week going. Enjoy your creating session with Miss K!

Anne said...

Rebecca those stockings are so sweet.Love the embellishments and of course the color too! One of my favorites :-)
xx
Anne

~Rukodelina~ said...

Очень красиво !!!

Unknown said...

Hi Sweetie!
I just put up a post in regards to the Sandy storm info I told you about. I would so appreciate your input. Any changes?

Big hugs,
Lorena

Barb said...

Hello Miss R.....

Everything is so lovely...you surely have the touch.

Thanks for your kind comment on my FB page...we are struggling with a renter, right now, that cannot pay their rent. Trying to decide if they are truly suffering or not. Oh, how we all need God's Grace.

Staring my new blog soon. I would say, wish me luck but I do not believe in luck...I believe in God's grace and blessings.

I love you, my sweet friend,
Miss B

Anneke said...

i am a fan of your work and photo,s.
these socks are realy awesome and pretty fabric what you used.
greetings from ann

Blessings from Cindy said...

Rebecca~
Love your stockings! You have such a way in creating beautiful things. The metal stocking is neat too. Come by & enter my giveaway, if you'd like.
Blessings,
Cindy

Blog Archive