Monday, July 12, 2010

~RESTYLING VINTAGE LAMPS....Shabby Cottage Lighting~


~MARRIAGE BETWEEN TWO OLD LAMPS~

Last Tuesday I showed you some of the sweet old lamps I picked up while slummin' my way through the great state of Oklahoma! :)  
 ~Before Shot~
(See the price on the base?)


This past week I finished priming and prepping most of them and I just had to give you a sneak peek at their progress.  A couple of them will be finished in fresh white (or my favorite cottage white!) and at least one of them will be given a couple of fabulous coats of my favorite sugary pink paint!

The Lamp you see above was picked up for $2.98.  It was missing it's shade and original glass chimney.  My Mr. AGPMan added the side harp (halo) to it and instead of the metal shade I opted to use this charming hobnail one in it's place!  

I'm lovin' it now!
 
 ~Vintage Student Lamp~
~Before Shot~
(Not So Sweet Here!)

This darling double shade vintage Lamp was also found without it's shades and chimneys.  Lamps like this can be costly and if the price is right I often purchase them for their parts!  This one will probably be the one that ends up being pink!  I'm quite sure I'll find a place on it to paint a sweet pink rose or two...maybe even tiny rosebuds around the base.
~Vintage Cast Metal Lamp~

This Lamp is such a keeper!  It originally had a really tall stem and I had my guy cut it down for me.  I'm thinking I'm going to have to keep this one!  
 
~Shortened Stem~

It will probably end up being painted out in cottage white.  I'll be sure to post a picture of it once the shade is finished!

Here's another view...
~Darling Base~
Isn't the top dreamy?
~LOVELY Scrolly Work~

My favorite of all the Lamps was actually this one...
~Just Gorgeous~

Sadly, this SWEET OLD THING had some damage on the back side making the entire center part unusable.  But...the base and the neck and the harp are in wonderful shape and will eventually be married to another Lamp to make ONE (or two)!

When you're out and about in your town and you come across shabby old Lamps that have obviously lived past their prime, think about how they might look if you combine several styles together.  Lamps can be VERY expensive these days...even a replacement harp (what the shade sits on) are costly.  Once they are painted out no one will be able to tell and you'll have a special creation like none other!

Think beyond what you see with your eyes!  Your home is just waiting for your magic touch!

Blessings today for a beautiful Monday!

Love to you~

Rebecca 

27 comments:

Mosaic Magpie said...

Keep the cast metal one! Have you ever seen another like it? I love the feminine lines of it. I sent Molly over to read your post from yesterday, I was happy to learn you were already friends.
Debbie

Everyday Sparkles said...

I love what you have created.

You have a beautiful style and blog.

Blondie's Journal said...

You have really turned these lamps into lovelies! How talented you are. I especially love the 1st one!

xoxo
Janie

Deanna said...

You have really dolled these up! Awesome to see what you have done...inspiring. I'm thrilled you've shared these. Neat to see them. They are beautiful, Beck!!!

These lamps are like cast away people that turn into something beautiful when the spirit of the living God gets ahold of them.

July blessings to you,
d

VM Creation Atelier said...

OMG!-)*
Hello beautiful talented lady Rebecca!!!

What's coming here?!
SOooooo extrimely great make over!!!
I have not enough enchanted words to describe you HOW much I am impressed about you creation,dear,dear Rebecca!

It's just phantastic looks of you lamps!

Love,
***Violetta***

Home and Heart said...

What a girl of many talents you are!! These turned out so pretty!!

Susan said...

How beautiful your lamp transformation turned out!! I love the milk glass globes and the fact you painted it the creamy white.

A Southern Rose said...

These lamps turned out so pretty. I love the hobnail globes. You did a beautiful job.

Hugs,
Lee Laurie

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

As always Rebecca, you create the most beautiful things. I'm lovin these lamps.

hugs
Sissie

Dolores said...

Oh... I have such a weakness/fetish for beautiful lamps. I'd take any or all of yours, they are beautiful!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Rebecca:
Your remade lamp bases are wonderful! Thanks for sharing.
xoxo
Donna

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Those lamps are what I dream about! They are just beautiful, thanks so much for sharing them!

Rondell

The Polka Dot Closet said...

OMG I love them, I tell you a coat of white makes everything dreamy!

Carol

mariondee-designs said...

lOve your makeover's Rebecca, and I'd definately be keeping the 2nd one! I have a tendancy to sell all my prettiest items.. and keep the left overs (so to speak) so it's nice to keep the prettiest ones sometimes! take care, Maryann

Nancy's Notes said...

Rebecca, you are the master creator and are oh so clever! I love your awesome and delightful blog, every time I drop in, I am inspired!

Have a great day!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, keep the castey! so cute painted white! ♥

Julie said...

Just popped over here from Theresa's sidebar (theycallmeganky) and so glad I did. I LOVE your lamps. I DO SO love to find old lamps and redo them. Getting ready to hang a vintage cut glass globe chandelier I gave a white coat to. It was at Habitat for Humanity. We are eternal sisters I see ...because of Christ. And I was the daughter of a Preacher! :-) We have much in common, I can tell by your posts. My hubby and I were separated by mountains and farmed plains between North Carolina and Michigan... He came South.. :-)
Thanks for sharing the beautiful lamp makeovers. So inspiring. YOu do awesome work turning less than perfect into beauty!

Jackie said...

LUV them all!! So beautiful!!

Your blog ministered much needed peace to my heart this morning!! Thank you!

Sweet Blessings!
Jackie

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

You did wonders on these lamps Rebecca, and it's funny because when I seen the 2nd one I WANTED IT and was ready to buy that one if it was available. If by any chance you decided otherwise not wanting it.. you know where to reach me.

Hugs*

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca,I just love the beautiful lamps!!Such pretty detail. They look lovely...Kathy

GwendolynKay said...

I am constantly amazed by your God given talent.
Blessings:)
Gwen

Mimi said...

HI REBECCAH!
I am one of your blogger sisters!!SO sorry, I have not visited before now, the list was so overwhelming, you know what I mean!!!I do not have alot of time for the computer nay more with a busy toddler grand daughter to watch, even though it is only 2-3 days a week, it is all I can do to keep up with her and she hates me on this, and she tugs and says some on MIMI and I run!!!She is my /our life and love of it for sure!!
I LOVE those lamps, I learn so much blogging, I must say, I have got to get out to some yard sales and pick me up some old lamps!A MUST!!I would love to have one of those!!I could sure use one in my bedroom and entry way!!!
Have a Blessed week
hugs,
jamie

Martha's Favorites said...

Rebecca: You are amazing! Blessings to you. Martha

Lorraine said...

The transformation of these is incredible Rebecca - fabulous job!

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

It's been awhile since I have dropped by. I was reminded why I began following you. Your blog is so beautiful and inspiring. I dream of someday transforming at least one of my rooms, probably my bedroom into a romantic shabby look. I am in the process. Your music is beautiful too! Hugs!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

HI Rebecca,
Love the lamps, you are right keep the vintage cast metal one for sure it has so much charm. You will have to show us what lamp shade you put on her.
Have a wonderful day,
Big hugs~Elizabeth

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Gosh, I am just blown away by these lamp makeovers! GorJUS!

Blog Archive