Tuesday, August 30, 2011

~I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW~

~A REAL PANE~

OK...I'm trying not to be melodramatic here...but I'm nearly faint!!!
Our old den window was finally removed yesterday and what I've affectionately :( called the DEMON WINDOW has been installed in it's place!!!
 I'm totally drunk with JOY!
 I feel like I've been yapping about it for the longest time and now it's done!   

~YIPEEEEEE SKIPEEEEE~
~TALENTED MEN AT WORK~
(Out Comes the Old!)

Unless you have a Do-It-Yourself-er hubby like I do you can't possibly understand how incredible it was to have two hired guys come out and actually do the work to install this window.  My Mr.AGPMan hires NOTHING done!  I mean NOTHING!  But...given all the trouble we've had getting a non-damaged-window delivered to us he was more than happy to have someone else do the labor for him!  Besides, with work, school and studying he just didn't have the time to devote to finishing the job himself!
~AMAZING WORK~
(In Goes the New!)

I think the two installers thought I was NUTS for taking so many pictures of them (I told them I like to scrapbook and "stuff"!) :) :) :)  They did an AWESOME JOB!

Next thing on our redo list you ask??

Aside from hiring a brick mason to come out and brick up our old backdoor we have concrete work that needs to be done and several more windows to install!
 ~MORE TO GO~

See the window at the top right in the photo above?  It's next on the list!  I would LOVE to have had them all done at once, but I'm a pay-as-you-go kind of gal!  I hate window mail (tee hee)!

And there you have  it!  One BORING POST for a glorious Tuesday! 

Hope your day is FAB!

Love to you...

22 comments:

Unknown said...

The window looks so fresh and pretty! So sorry you had to go through all that mess. Steam would have been coming from my ears and I probably would have demanded a perfect window be delivered on horseback! We don't hire anyone to do anything either, but sometimes I think it would be nice.

Ginger said...

I know you will enjoy your beautiful new window. So nice you can do all these upgrades on your home. I need many. Lovely home.
Hugs

KatyDidStitches said...

What's wrong with window mail? Around here, we call it "job security!" ;o)

Seriously, the new window looks beautiful. Such a pretty house you have!

Kathy

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

I am sure finally getting that window in was the highlight of your life right now! I know how much trouble you had with getting it in! Happy Day!~Hugs, Patti

Theresa said...

Oh how wonderful that you finally got this window replaced:) I know that it has been troubling you! It looks gorgeous!

I took lots of pictures last year when my house was painted! The painter turned around one time while I was snapping pictures and said "wait, I'll smile" and he did! It was quite funny!

Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

Sherri B. said...

How thrilling for you to get your window that you've been wanting, it looks sooo nice. - I'm a pay as I go gal too! xo

Julie Marie said...

Just stopping in to say hi Rebecca... hope all is well with you, miss you!... xoxo Julie Marie

Anonymous said...

Well,I see you were "burning the midnight oil" writing this post!! Do you EVER sleep, sweet friend??
I am thrilled for you that the new window PAIN is finally in place and it looks fabulous!! I know you did the "happy dance" when it ws finished!! I don't blame you! Some-
times remodeling can take forever..
like you don't already know that!!
Have a fun day....Hugs, Francy

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Not boring at all...so glad it went smoothly. My husband enjoys now having others do the hard work. The yard is one example of this...he loves that they take all the clippings AWAY!
Enjoy that window....looking good!!

GwendolynKay said...

Hello Rebecca,
I am so happy you found my blog:)
I know what a difference new windows can make in a home. We had all of our's replaced over a period of years. I can see clearly now!:)

Chatty Crone said...

YIIIPPPEEE SSSKKKIIIPPPIIIEEEE to you too - so happy for you. sandie

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Rebecca,
Oh, it looks fabulous!! I am so happy for you because I know what a great feeling it is. Such an adorable post too!!
XO
Cindy

Gert said...

Oh Rebecca..I just love your new window! It is just beautiful! This blog is not boring to me! hee hee

Blessings,
xoxo Gert

Dolores said...

Woopee, so happy for you to have your new window .....and proud of your Mr AGP man for letting (paying) someone else to do the job.
Looks great!

Marilyn said...

Boring--nope. Celebrating with you!♥♫

FredaB said...

Enjoy your new window because you put up with a lot of frustration just getting it never mind putting it in. Good idea for them to do it just in case.

I really enjoy your blog and all your pretty things you make.

Hugs

FredaB

Lavender Cottage said...

Finally!!
May I join you in a few steps of your happy dance?
Judith

Deanna said...

Becky Sue!!!!!
Yah hoo
Yah hoo
Great news,
d

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Isn't it funny what can make us so happy. But with all the problems you had getting the window you must be estatic!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Rebecca,
The window is fabulous. Joe is a lot of things but handy he is not so i always have to hire out for any work around the house. Thank God I am the carpenter's daughter because I do what I can.....

Hugs,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Rebecca Suzanne--

I never find your posts boring. I eagerly look forward to your inspirational thoughts and your creative ability-- to take nothing and make something beautiful out of it.

I am reminded of a favorite Scripture of mine (Proverbs 31:10-31). It mirrors your life and I am so proud of you.

"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies...

Her husband trusts her...She works willingly with her hands...She is like a merchant...Her merchandise is good...Her hands are not idle...
Her children call her blessed and her husband praises her...A woman that(loves)the Lord shall be praised...She speaks words of wisdom and kindness...Many DAUGHTERS have done virtuously, but THOU (dear daughter)excellest them all..."

I know your joy. I know your pain. Thank you for sharing your life with us. You are a BLESSING.

With much love-- Mom

Ana said...

You're so cute Rebecca...I'm so happy your window is finally in. It looks great. Oh and dear, as long as you own a home, there will always, always and did I say always be a to do list :-) Have fun.

Much love,
♥Ana

Blog Archive