Tuesday, August 9, 2011

~A SWEET SIGN for a SWEET SHOPPE~

 ~VINTAGE 'N' ROSES COTTAGE~

A couple of weeks ago one of my website customers emailed me about making a hand painted sign for her little cottage business.  I finished it about a week ago, but the silly thing just would NOT dry in our Oklahoma humidity.  Even with the heat it remained tacky!  I was finally able to snap some pics of it yesterday and today it will be on it's way to another country. 
 
 ~HAND PAINTED LETTERING~

Generally I don't do signs much anymore.  They are labor intensive for me and I'd much rather paint what I call SMALLS! :)  Still...just like the metal signs I showed you yesterday...sometimes I just can't help myself and have to take the plunge!  The problem is I end up loving them all and then decide I don't want to part with them!! 
 ~BEHR'S COTTAGE WHITE PAINT~

I especially love the shape of this sign.  I've had a few of them over the years and this is truly one of my favorite styles.  Most I've kept for MOI! :)  My sweet buyer really had to BEG me to sell this one to her.  It was my last one in stock...  :(

 ~SHABBY CHIC-ed UP~

Today I'm working on some special orders and then off to prime that sweet table I showed you yesterday.  I'm going to do something a little different with it (I think!)...  I rarely paint roses on my own furniture (not for my den/living areas anyway).  But~I'm THINKING about some roses and maybe a French saying...hmmm...  Gotta put my thinking cap on!

Hope your Tuesday is beautiful.  It actually rained for about 30 minutes yesterday evening in my town.  I couldn't believe it...  It could have lasted longer, but we'll take what we can get!  No whining here!

Love to you...

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

PRETTY LITTLE SIGN!!!! NO WONDER YOU HATE TO PART WITH IT..I DON'T BLAME YOU!! I AM SURE YOUR BUYER FAR AWAY IS GOING TO BE THRILLED!
LUCKY YOU TO GET SOME RAIN!!! IT WAS 101 DEGREES YESTERDAY AND OUR GRASS IS NEARLY DEAD...TWO ACRES IS HARD TO WATER!..AND MY PLANTS KEEP GASPING FOR MORE WATERING...
I LOVE FALL, CAN'T WAIT FOR THOSE CRISP, COOLER DAYS!
ENJOY TODAY AND PAINTING ON YOUR LITTLE TABLE...I THINK THE SWEET ROSES WOULD BE LOVELY!!
STAY COOL! HUGS, FRANCY

Edie Marie's Attic said...

What a gorgeous sign... I wouldn't want to part with it either.

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs, Sherry

The Tablescaper said...

Lovely sign. So sorry to hear that the heat won't let it dry! LOL!

- The Tablescaper

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

It is a very pretty sign, I can see why you do not want to part with it! We are going to have a cool spell in the next few days here in Ohio....LOVING IT!~Hugs, Patti

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Rebecca ~
That turned out just beautiful!! I would definitely have a hard time parting with it ~ You have such a wonderful talent sweet Rebecca!

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

This sign is Gorgeous!! I know the buyer will be thrilled to get it :)

Theresa said...

Gorgeous sign, I know the owner can't wait to get it and hang it:) Have a blessed day dear Rebecca, HUGS!

A Southern Rose said...

So pretty. I can see why it is hard to part with. You are so talented. Everything you touch is beautiful.

Hugs,
Lee Laurie

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

The owner of that sign is going to be thrilled. I hope the weather issues in Oklahoma didn't hit you...I have been playing in my guest room this week. And I must say, I am just tickled over a couple of changes...tweaking our homes is so much fun...have your fun with you table makeover!

Unknown said...

It turned out lovely. I cheat when using acrylics and dry my vase base coats & ornaments with a hair dryer.

Marilyn said...

It is a lovely sign, but the humidity-unbelievable that it took so long to dry. It would make me want to get out the hair dryer and help the drying process. I just prayed for patience during church last Sunday, and guess what...I'd better be praying again each day of the week. It must be the heat that is affecting my mind as I'm usually one of the most patient people around.♥♫

Cheryl said...

Gosh, that is lovely, no wonder it is hard to part with! You are extremely clever arn't you!
Cheryl

Kerri said...

Very pretty sign from your talented little hands! Your customer will be thrilled, I am sure!

xoxo
Kerri

NanaDiana said...

Your sign is beautiful, Rebecca- No wonder you don't want to sell it! I would have a really hard time parting with that little beauty.

I can't wait to see your new piece you are working on. Love to you, as always- xo Diana

Mariette's Back to Basics said...

Dearest Rebecca,

This is a LOVELY and perfect sign. Guess this one IS wood?! Too bad it took you several days for drying it off. But the end result is super.
One more happy customer for sure!

Lots of love to you,

Mariette

Sandra said...

Oh so beautiful! But everything you do is just beautiful! You really are gifted my friend. God bless.
Sandra

Miss Gracie's House said...

Yay for rain! The sign turned out so pretty...I'm sure she will love it!
Rene

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Love it Rebecca..... and I'm sure your buyer will be over the moon... :-)

Huggies,
Spence

Dolores said...

All of your work is so delicate and beautiful. I can only imagine how delighted the lady will be when she sees her beautiful sign...

Blog Archive