Friday, August 19, 2011

~MORE TAG SALE FINDS and JUNK STORE TREASURES~

~SWEET and CHIC PLANTER~

I had a super-busy day again yesterday that included a trip to the Dentist (my least favorite thing to do!).  Whenever I have to drive into Oklahoma City I try and make a day of it.  OKCity isn't far from me...only a few miles.  But, it is one of the largest cities in America land-mass-wise so lots of the places I want to visit are sometimes really far apart.  I pretty much stayed in one place (a place called Bethany~the same little town where I went to college and met my Mr. AGPMan!).
 ~VINTAGE BASKET and OLD MILLINERY HAT~
(Flowers Great for Fall Decor)

Today I'm going to show you all the pretties I snagged on my two hour excursion to junkland!  At the very top you'll see an amazing shoe planter that I just fell in love with.  One of the booth spaces was having a 50% off everything sale and I snagged that little beauty for $3.  Sweet!  I'm keeping her!  She's fab!
 ~REPRODUCTION GARDEN BASKET~

Fell in love with this charming reproduction basket.  Loved the little clamp-thingy on the handle that holds up the lids!  Didn't get a great price on this one I'm afraid, but I brought it home anyway.  I'm going to repaint her and add roses to the top!  SCORE!
 ~SWEET LITTLE CABINET BOX~

I thought this little jewelry chest box was lovely...just hated the pre-fab painting on it (I don't personally care for that type of stuff).  I've included a picture of her base painted in cottage white.  Roses coming soon!  This little beauty will be offered up soon on my website!  Watch for her!
 ~GREAT OLD GLASSWARE~

You know I'm passionate about old bottles and jars!  Found the first jar in the 50% off booth as well!  The bottom two I found at another sale at a fairly decent price.  They have their original glass stoppers which made them soooo worth getting!
 ~GREAT RECIPE BOX~

Wasn't sure how old this sweet recipe box was...  The before picture blurred so all I have is the one after I base painted it last night with my favorite sugary pink paint.  After the first coat I saw tiny initials and the date in the wood.  It was probably made in shop class for a Momma or something...it is dated 1982.  That's almost 30 years old now!  Wow!

 ~NORITAKE SORRENTO CHINA~
(and a sweet old cup from England)

The find of the day came at a Good Will Store just outside of Bethany.  It was there I snagged the Noritake China you see above (and the cup and saucer from England).  The china was wrapped in clear packing tape and was filthy.  Still...you could tell it was in wonderful condition and I loved it.  There was no price on the tape so I took it up to the counter and asked about it...

Price you ask?

$5
(for everything~cup and saucer, too!).

I checked on eBay and the price of one plate was as high as $50.
WHAT?
I'm such a happy girl!

Today I'm back in my studio working on finishing up the special orders I told you about a couple of days ago....

Oh~I almost forgot to show you these...
~GLASS PERFUME BOTTLES~

When I got back home yesterday a new shipment of glass perfume bottles was waiting on my doorstep for me!  LOVE THEM!  They'll be decorated up soon and on my A Gathering Place website as well.  Despite the fact none of us want to think about it (who can with the heat?), Christmas IS coming!

Hope your day is lovely.  I PROMISE I'll be out and about visiting many of you today.  I've been missing you and need to catch up!

Love to you...

20 comments:

Theresa said...

WOW, you really got some great treasures! LOVE the picnic basket:)

Enjoy this day dear Rebecca, HUGS!

Maria said...

What fabulous finds!
You have a knack for unearthing wonderful treasures, Rebecca!
Can't wait for their transformations, esp the basket!
~xo M~

Sherri B. said...

Great finds Rebecca, especially like the shoe planter, quite unique!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Hi Rebbeca, what wonderful treasures you found, and what a great buy on the dishes.... their so pretty! I'm always buying the old bottles too. I love decorating them up, but just seems like I don't ever have the time anymore, but when I do I have a good stash of them. Have a great week!!!
hugs~~~ Daphne

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Great finds. Glad you made a dentist appointment better to tolerate!

Unknown said...

Hey sweetie...
You scored big time!!! I know those will become beautiful treasured heirlooms by you for others to love and cherish for years to come Are you keeping the china? Its so purty!
Be blessed,
Lorena

Mariette's Back to Basics said...

Dearest Rebecca,

You had a fruitful trip to Oklahoma City! It is always fun to unearth treasures. Never mind the dust and the junk but once cleaned up it makes you shine for pride.
Have a lovely weekend and love to you,

Mariette

Chatty Crone said...

Hey as usual - you snailed some really great things! You have a great eye and a good vision of what can be!

A Southern Rose said...

What great finds! I love the lttle set of drawers. It's gonna be so pretty after you paint your roses on it. That china was the deal of the century! I sell china where I work and you got a great deal on that. It's so pretty too.

Have a great day.
Hugs,
Lee Laurie

Carol said...

Once again you have found the most unique finds on your junk'in jaunt!! Above all, I am lov'in the bottles that were delivered to your door step.
Am look'in forward to seeing the embellished, transformation in your

shoppe. Hopefully in the muted lite beige colors to add to my already collection :)

Greetings from Carol
Good 'Ol
Texas

Anonymous said...

I think you have the "Midas touch"
Every time you go junkin & slummin
you always find the neatest things!
The Nortike plates were the STEAL OF THE DAY!!, but you found lots of other things also. I like the little cabinet, I know it will be sweet when you finish it. I have one like it that you painted (two inside shelves) that sits on my kitchen counter by my stove and holds all of my spices!!
The flowers on that vintage hat are going to look great..maybe on a perfume bottle or two?? I have a good collection going...will have to be LOOKING for the new ones! The
only trouble with YOUR things is that they are gone...POOF! before I know they are listed!!! :0(
I hope you have a fun weekend..
and stay out of this terrible heat.
We reached over 100 degrees again before noon today.....FALL, where are you??????????????????????????
Hugs and love, Francy

Ginger said...

OH MY GOSH!!! What wonderful finds you always find at your JUNK shops!! I would LoVe to go with you sometime. You always primp them up to be utterly amazing. R.
thank you so much for the uplift on your comment to me, it made me feel so much better and today was a better day.
Love You,
Ginger

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Hi Sweetie~ ~ ~
I so much appreciate your visit and your kind words. It's odd but since my computer and camera crashed about the same time around Christmas last year I have gotten out of the posting habit. I don't know why I have to push myself to post but I do. What's with that? So much going on I guess.
I adore the recipe box you got. It will be stunning with your lovely roses on it. I'll check back to see it later.
Your words of encouragement ment so much to me. Thanks
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Marilyn said...

My wedding china is Noritake and a set from my Grandmother is also Noritake. They do have such pretty patterns and your new one is such a deal.♥♫

Julie Marie said...

Hi Rebecca... I am trying to get caught up on all of your posts I have missed... love all of your treasures and the little shoe planter is precious... xoxo Julie Marie

Kerri said...

My mom would love that shoe planter! That is her style and she loves plants. You are lucky to get that basket, those are hard to come by these days! I look for them to paint my sweet Shih Tzu on but I can't find them anymore.

Hope you have fun filled weekend painting in your studio... I'll be doing the same :)

Enjoy!

xoxo
Kerri

NanaDiana said...

You better go to the dentist more often. I think God rewarded you for going to see The Tooth Man! You got some great finds and I LOVE that China! xo Diana

Kim B said...

Wow, you found a lot of nice goodies. I love to go to thrift shopping. Have a lovely weekend, Hugs, Kim

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Great finds Rebecca. Some people just manage to be in the right place at the right time...$5 for all those plates and the teacups, you lucky gal!
Judith

Linda Breedlove said...

I'm in love with this shoe planter... amazing find... along with all these others. Fabulous.

Blog Archive