Monday, August 1, 2011

~~~SWEET PINK CUPCAKE CONFECTIONS~~~ Calorie Free Temptations

~PINK CUPCAKE CONFECTIONS~

I can't believe it's after 8pm and I'm just now doing my Monday Post!  I've been a busy girl today doing really interesting boring things like cleaning my house and hauling stuff to Goodwill!  I love a happy house and I really LOVE being able to walk around in my clutter-free garage...  I just don't love the process of getting it to that place!

I wish I could afford a maid live-in-maid.  :)
 ~A GIFT of LOVE~

Then I could spend all my time doing really fun stuff like sewing, painting and altered art design work. :)
~TEABAG COVERS~
(Of Course!)

Cupcakes continue to be the rage and I think that's just the funniest thing!  They've been around forevahhh!!!  I found the following info online about these tasty little treats:
~DAINTY LITTLE BOXES for TEA~
(hmmm...or some other sweet treat!)

The term "cupcake" was first mentioned in 1828 in Eliza Leslie's Receipts cookbook. In the early 19th century, there were two different uses for the name "cup cake" or "cupcake". In previous centuries, before muffin tins were widely available, the cakes were often baked in individual pottery cups, ramekins, or molds and took their name from the cups they were baked in. This is the use of the name that has persisted, and the name of "cupcake" is now given to any small cake that is about the size of a teacup".

Interesting, huh?
 ~PERFECT FOR SIX TEA BAGS~
(or cookies!)

 Greeting Cards, Note Cards, Hang Tags, Teabag Covers and dainty Favor Boxes are coming your way soon!
~SUCH A SWEET PINK TREAT~

Did your week start off great???  Hope it's filled with good things!  Only good, good things!
Love to you...

11 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Rebecca-Those are just beautiful..and that makes sense- they were little cakes baked in "cups". I love the little history lesson! My Monday was swamped! xo Diana

Kim B said...

You make the prettiest things. Glad you got the clutter out of your garage. Have a nice day. Hugs, Kim

Chatty Crone said...

Those are beautiful - and you are right - cupcakes shoppes are opening up every where around here.

Maria said...

Hi Rebecca!
You should just see the way I'm typing right now. My very old laptop overheats easily, especially if I have too many things going on it! I have it lying down on it's monitor and I'm typing at a 90 degree angle! This way the bottom gets some air!
Oh but I'll type this way to visit some friends ♥

It's been a long weekend, helping my father. My sister and I came here on Friday for a weekend visit...but his fridge went on the fritz and I've been here trying to help him shop for a new one and get things organized in his kitchen!

That's been my Monday!

I just adore your beautiful things. My sister is opening up a little corner in a shop that hosts crafters and other sellers... Her theme will be cupcakes! Will you be selling your cupcake boxes?
Your clean garage is inspiring, Rebecca!
Bless you always!
~Maria

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Rebecca,
Hmmm... I wish I was not working full time and had the time to do what I really want to do....
But times may be changing in the next year or so....

Hugs,
Deb

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

How sweet these are! Got your package shipped Monday, girl, so you can expect it by about Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

As always I love all the "things" you decorate & create!!
I think cupcakes are so popular because you don't have to commit to a huge cake to have fun decorating. I know with just the 2 of us if I make a cake I sometimes throw part of it away or freeze it for later. Cupcakes are a 1 shot dessert!! JMO!!
Have a Great Day!!
Marilyn

Theresa said...

Gorgeous! I love cupcakes and your teabag covers are absolutely beautiful! Have a blessed Tuesday dear Rebecca! HUGS!

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage said...

Hi Rebecca...We both have pink cupcakes on the brain. It is funny how they have been around forever & made a come back..they are just so pretty!!
Have a fantastic week creating.
xo Tami

KatyDidStitches said...

Yummers!

I'm an Atkins devotee...and they have a recipe for something called Muffin-In-a-Minute...that's "baked" in a teacup! I think I'll start calling it Cupcake-In-a-Minute...maybe it'll taste better.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Kathy

BrushedByAnAngel said...

Cupcakes are so popular but I have yet to paint one. Yours are so pretty on the cards, so soft. I love how you put things together. I am off to find a recipe for one that is gluten free, no corn syrup, and no dairy - I will have to use rice milk. Wish me luck.
Brenda

Blog Archive