Friday, August 12, 2011

~~~~ROMANTIC PARIS FRENCH DRESS FORM~~~ A Romantic Makeover is Coming

~SHABBY FRENCH~

Just popping in to let you know my Miss K and I have had a smashing-good-time around town today.  Early this morning we were up and about visiting one of our most favorite places to shop!  We were supposed to be looking for BOOTS for school, but instead we I snagged this amazing Frenchy-Looking-Dress Form!
~OOO LA LA~

Boy do I have makeover plans for her!
I can't wait to get started!
~FRENCH CHIC~

Right now she's OK...great if you love black and hot pink!  I actually think she's pretty stunning as is...she just won't fit in with my decor!  The top is made of fabric over papier-mâché and the stand is cast metal.  The finial is made of wood.
~PRETTY SIDE VIEW~

Anyway...last October while visiting my big sister in Tennessee we spent a little bit of time painting old finds and sprucing up product for her booth at an local antique mall...  She had this incredible dress form (counter style) that she rescued from the dumpster (not kidding) and together we began to transform her!  We layered her with vintage laces which included old collars and cuffs!  I didn't have a picture of it so I hopped on over to Facebook and stole hers (thanks, Lin!).
~LACE COVERED BEAUTY~
(Seen in Dickson, Tennessee)

I'm not 100% sure exactly what I'm going to do with the one I found today...I only know she's going to be transformed into something wonderful...  I just couldn't pass her up!

I'm thinking I'm living right.  I know!  I know!  I stumble onto simply incredible things...don't hate me! :)

Hope your Friday was fab!

Love to you...

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shades of Samantha!!!! She is just gorgeous....oh, would she go just as she is in my Frenchy/Art Nouveau bed-
room!!! Better hide her from me!!!
YOU are THE luckest young lady I know
WHO except you would discover such a find??? I am sure by the time you are finished she will be "over-the-top" beautiful...what will you name her??
The dress form you and Linda snagged in Tennessee turned out to be lovely, too....I love the way y'all used old lacy things to cover her...very pretty
and soft looking....
Hope you have a great "snoop and shop" over the weekend...
Big hugs, Francy

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Ok, I will try not to! The one I hate is your sister that found a from in the dumpster!!! Your sisters in gorgeous, can't wait to see yours!

Carol

Susan said...

Rebecca I have been looking for a dress form at yard sales. I found one ,one day and I was too late. A lady had just bought it. These dress forms are so pretty!

Chatty Crone said...

What a great time you had with your sister - how sweet and how wonderful.

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Oh Rebecca I just know it will be absolutely beautiful when you are done ~
What a fun find !!

NanaDiana said...

Now how could ANYONE hate you? Although a FEW of us (not me-not me) want to call you names when you find all these incredible "things". That is unbelievable but a little to HOT for my taste too! xo Diana

Deanna said...

you find the neatest things!!! But then I think God wants to bless you with these finds.

Blessings,
d

Nancy said...

No hate here Girlfriend!! Funny but it's almost a way of life sometimes when we see something fantastic. Do you know I looked for 4 years for decent Vintage Mannequins, and then recently acquired 3 in one week! I bet yours will be just Gorgeous, but I would throw some clothes on her for now!!
Have a Great Week end Doll!!

Huggs, Nancy

Mona Kay Gorman said...

Ohh...soo pretty!! I have been looking for a dress form...I hope I find one as nice as yours!!

Christine said...

The lacy form is beautiful. You've got to transform yours the same way.

Edie Marie's Attic said...

What a find Rebecca! I know she will be incredible when you're done with her. All of a sudden you will get an inspiration that will burst forth and you'll be making her over when you should be doing 3 other things! LOL I know how that works!

Have a grand weekend!
Hugs,Sherry

Marilyn said...

I might be green, but never hate...I've heard that is the same as fear. You do find great things, but I think it's because you LOOK for them. Me, I just dream about them and never take the time to search. So, would you just drop everything and work on that fabulous find?? ;D

Is that sweet Miss K still with you? I'd let you play with her, THEN get busy. Sarah's only been married three weeks, so is it too soon to start dreaming of a little one? It took 9 months for the house to be remodeled and that took FOREVER!! (I do pray they will be blessed in God's time). I told you I've been praying for patience.♥♫

Linda Breedlove said...

What a gorgeous find... it's amazing. Can't wait to see what you do to her!

Rebecca P said...

Rebecca, you are such a lucky shopper, what a wonderful find. I have such a love for dress forms. She is pretty now, but I know with your talent you will make her stunning!! Can't wait to see her finished.
Hugs, to you.
Rebecca P

Anonymous said...

I love her in hot pink and black but I'm sure she'll look great still when your done. I wish I could find a dress form in a dumpster. I've wanted one for years. The closest I can come to affording one is the metal dress forms at Hobby Lobby. Can't wait to see what you do with her. :-)

KatyDidStitches said...

Oh...she IS lovely. Have you given her a name? Something French, I think. Claudette or Genevieve, perhaps?

Love what you and your sis did with the lace...just stunning. Have you ever seen Maureen's dress forms (A Rose Without A Thorn)? With the lacing up the back? Wowsa! I can't wait to see what you do with yours...I'm sure we'll be blown away!

Oh gosh...now I want a dress form, too!

Kathy

Theresa said...

I wish I had just a thimble full of your vision:) Love the dress form and can't wait to see what you do with it! The one all transformed is gorgeous! Have a blessed weekend, HUGS!

Mariette's Back to Basics said...

Dearest Rebecca,

Knowing you, this too will end up looking heavenly and utterly romantic. I'm still in awe for the third day in a row, about your vintage train case makeover. Can't believe how very talented you are. Things are in reality so much prettier still than a photo can capture. Also your cards are great creations.
Love to you and have a peaceful Sunday!

Mariette

Victorian1885 said...

She is going to be beautiful..I know it! Great find my friend..have a wonderful Sunday!

Hugs,
Wanda

Blog Archive