Friday, April 20, 2012

~CALIFORNIA DREAMING with FAMILY and FRIENDS~

~AT COUNTRY ROADS~
Orange, California

Today I'm going to share with you a few more pictures of my Cali getaway.  I hope they will make you smile!  While I'm at it I'm going to ATTEMPT to make my way around all the changes to Blogger!  BAH!  The new layout is making me NUTS! 
~I WANT THIS BENCH~
(and everything else you see, too!)

The picture you see at the top was taken two weeks ago last Tuesday.  My big sister, Linda,my sister-in-love, Ginger and I had a great time shopping at Country Roads in Orange, California.  My brother, Bill, was such a trooper and let the three of us shop until we dropped.  It was such a fun day and the memories of it all will be with me forever.  I love my family!!!!
~BEAUTIFUL TANZA and ME~

Now...you don't think I went all the way to my home-state without finding time to visit with my longtime friend, Sweet Tea (Tanza), do you?  No-sir-ree!  After my family and I shopped all day Miss Tea graciously met up with us for an early dinner.  She worked all day and still managed to squeeze in a visit with her Okie-friend.  We dined at a sweet eatery in Orange and then Miss Tea drove around with us and pointed out some of the most famous homes in Orange.
 ~HISTORICAL CRAFTSMAN HOME~

One of the homes on our mini tour was that of Tea's beloved cousin, Sandy and her husband, Rick!   Sandy and Rick live in a Craftsman Home (Craftsman Homes were originally built using a KIT and sold by Sear's) and it is the most charming thing I've ever seen.  Every room in the house looks magazine perfect and I can't help but wonder WHY I haven't seen this amazing home in print before.  It's on the historical register from what I understand so all the updates must be approved... 
~BEAUTIFUL LADY~

This is Sandy!  Isn't she just darling?  You can see in the background a bit of her incredible home.  Want to know what else?  They didn't even know we were coming and everything was picture-ready!  
 ~AMAZING KITCHEN~

Their fabulous kitchen!  Sorry for the less than fabulous photography skills here...  Love the sink and the island!  The house isn't overdone and yet warm and inviting!  Incredibly beautiful!
~WARM and INVITING~

This is a shot of Rick and Sandy's living room.  We interupted Rick watching TV I'm afraid.  Look how lovely it is!  Again...they didn't know anyone was coming!
~THE GAZEBO~

 The backyard was breathtaking!  Rick and Sandy recently hosted a wedding here!  Beautiful!  More than beautiful!
~G is for GREEN...and LIFE~

 I had forgotten how lovely California foliage can be.  It's the one thing I miss...it's beautiful in Oklahoma but the heat sometimes kills our flowers off early if we aren't careful with them.
 ~GRILL 'EM UP~

This is Rick's Bar-B-Q joint! :)  I love it

Thanks to Miss Sandy and Mr. Rick for allowing my family and I to barge in unannounced for a visit to your lovely home.  You were both so nice and kind and I can see why Miss Tea loves you so much!  I'm so hoping to see your entire home in print someday!  Long overdue and totally deserved!

Still have so much to share with you...I'll keep it for next week!!!

Hope your day is wonderful!  Tonight my daughter Adrienne and I are going to the Oklahoma Ballet to see

The Wizard of Oz.

I love spending time with my girl-child.  I can't believe she's been married almost five years now!  This is our second time to attend the Ballet together and this year it's my Mother's Day treat!

More soon!  Love to you...

15 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,

Wow, you had a great time being away from your home-state! California is always very nice for getting away. Having family and friends there makes it even more special! Lovely photos you shared. Enjoy a relaxed weekend.
Love to you,

Mariette

PS You know how to get to my post from my Google Account name?

When you click on my name here above, you end on my Posts page, to the right of the word Posts, you click on 'About' and scroll down. Than to the right you see my blog and just click it to land there. I noticed that many don’t fully understand the new Google.

NanaNor's said...

Sweet Rebecca, I always forget you were a Ca.girl also. Thank you for taking us on the tour and I agree that Rick & Sandy's home should be in print but I also think your home should be-I'd love to come visit or see it in a mag and claim you are my friend. I too miss the beautiful folliage in Ca.-oh the flowering trees, my heart be still. Girl, I just love visiting here! Have a joyous weekend.
Hugs, Noreen

Ginger said...

Oh what fun you will have at the ballet. Tammy and I used to go to the Christmas ballet. Loved seeing your CA pics and loved seeing Tea.
Hugs
G

Theresa said...

Love to you too dear Rebecca! I know that you all had the BESTEST of times out there! What a wonderful friend to have you all into their GORGEOUS home for a visit! I know she enjoyed it as much as you did!

Have a blessed weekend my friend, HUGS!

NanaDiana said...

How wonderful that you were able to spend time with your family. And I LOVE that house you were able to visit. What a sweet home...and she was gracious to let you share pictures here with us. That yard is amazing. Have fun with your daughter and I'll take all the pictures you are willing to post! xo Diana

Anne said...

Love these photos.What a wonderful trip to see family and friends.And of course shop!Sandi has a lovely home.That is my dream gazebo.Have a fun time at the wizard of oz.
Anne

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Oh fun!!!! LOVe all the photos, and definitely Rick and Sandy's home is super vintage cute :) :) Craftsman style homes are one of my favorites.I love their kitchen because I've always wanted one of those deep porcelain sinks. Someday :) :)

Oh, the new Blogger interface is making me a little crazy, too. I am having a hard time getting to the dashboard to read other blogs and to find comments that people leave on my blog.

Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like your time in CA was so wonderful!I love seeing other people's homes and it was so sweet of you to show us T's freind's home. I am always excusing the mess when people come unexpectedly- I wish I was more like her!!

bee blessed
mary

Mary H said...

Hi Rebecca: So glad you were able to visit with family and friends while you were here in sunny California....wish I lived closer so I could have visited with you too! The pictures are beautiful and loving your new items on the website. We had an antique show last weekend in our town and you would have been over the top excited to redo alot of the items there and get ideas. The show would have loved your items too!
Have a great weekend...always love to come to your blog for a visit! Love and hugs! - Mary H.

Anonymous said...

Hi pretty Rebecca! Oh, I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time! Love all the snaps of the pretty smiling faces. You're just adorable!
be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Good heavens, I think we were within a very few miles of one another..I was in Corona Del Mar last Sunday..were you anywhere near?? HOW I would have loved to meet you..but to be honest..and I WILL be honest here..where we live is nothing like Orange County. If I ever grow up and stop being so self concious.. but I probably won't...
How nice it would have been to have met you!
I am so happy you had a wonderful time! I imagine you are happy to be back home.
Many hugs,
Mona

Irma@CosasBellas said...

I'm so glad to hear you had a wonderful visit here in So Cal.
I follow your beautiful blog and I would have loved to have met you in person! I have a booth at Country Roads Antiques, perhaps you visited my space (I have pics on my blog, you might recognize it). Please email me next time you visit, I'd love to introduce you to some of the other bloggers at CRA. A couple are featured in the May and June issues of Romantic Homes Magazines. I'm sure they would love to meet you.

Have a blessed weekend,
Irma

Julie Marie said...

Sooo pretty Rebecca, and I LOVE seeing sweet Tanza again!... I just emailed her and she replied... I have missed her. You look stunning as always!... I want that gazebo!... much love to you, xoxo Julie Marie

Rita said...

I too hate this new blog layout. I can't find anything like I used to could! I don't know if it's my computer or blogger, but I can't bring up the pictures on blogspot half the time. From what I have read, it sounds like you have been having a good vacation! Good for you!

Tanza said...

Hello sweet ~r~,
Loved seeing this day again !! Wasn't it just yesterday !! Ooohhh my how time flys !! Someday, I'm going to have an OLD home in Orange as well !! I AM I AM !! Such sweetness and charm just surrounds this neighborhood everywhere you walk !! I'll share with Sandy !! She loved meeting you and Linda .. Fun times and memory makers as always !!
Love to you my darling friend
Hugs ~TeA~ xo

Blog Archive