Tuesday, April 10, 2012

~LAYERED LINENS in FRESH WHITE~

 Last Sunday my Mr. AGPMan and I hosted a wee Easter dinner for my daughter and her hubby.  Generally our table is crowded with family but not this year!  To celebrate the Holy Day on Saturday evening my girl and I loaded up my slow cooker with everything needed for a scrumptious pot roast meal and also took the time to pre-make things like soft biscuits (made with yeast), fruit salad and vanilla cupcakes.  By the time we returned home from church on Sunday our dinner was ready!  The fresh white roses and soft white tulips we had as a centerpiece (and made by our girl) wimped out and so they are currently hanging upside down to dry naturally....  My silk hydrangeas had to step in for this photo! :)
 Since our formal dining room will seat twelve in a pinch the room is just too large for such a small group.  So, I decided to layer my breakfast room table with a combination of new and vintage linens and dine there instead.  I'm sooo loving our new French Doors and all the sunlight that streams in!  I rummaged through some long forgotten display things from my days as a shop owner and found a simple tablecloth I made about twenty years ago.  Fashioned out of white cotton batiste the square cloth includes a deep ruffle and fit my round table perfectly!  On top of it I placed a round Battenburg cloth and then a smaller cloth trimmed with crochet lace!  I love the layered look so much I'm keeping it like this for a while...maybe throughout Spring!
The box I shipped back home from Cali came today!  Inside was this fabulous wreath I snagged at Home Goods in West Covina!  It is simple and uncomplicated and perfect for my home!  I'm telling you...it's a gooooood thing we don't have one of those stores here.  TJMaxx and Marshall's are good...but not that good!  I love how the wreath looks propped up on my mantle!
Isn't this a fabulous lace curtain?  I found this at the Community Thrift Store not far from my brother's Cali home.  It was $2.99 and is huge, huge, huge!!!  I'm going to remake the header and use it in our remodeled upstairs bath!  It's a soft white and is in perfect condition!  SCORE!
 While in Cali I snapped this photo of one of the homes in Orange.  This home and it's gorgeous gardens took my breath away!  Yesterday I shared with you I wanted a picket fence...I also want an arbor...

I'm continuing to dream....
(and my guy continues to ROLL HIS EYES!)
This is another home I saw during my trip and I think this one was also in Orange.  Next to the homes in Orange my favorite homes were in Pasadena.  I've never seen such beauty.  Old, stately homes that are absolutely lovely! 

Today I'm linking up with Kathleen at Faded Charm for White Wednesday!  Hope you'll hop on over to her fabulous place and check out all the fresh and beautiful whites showcased this week! 

Hope your Wednesday is lovely!

Love to you...

25 comments:

Blessed Serendipity said...

Everything looks so lovely from your table setting to your fabulous lace curtain. So romantic and pretty. I love white picket fences too.

blessings,
Danielle

EllenaElizabeth said...

That house in Orange is divine! And your table setting looked brilliant and I loved your pink wreath too. All pretty pretty pretty.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,

What a lovely table setting! You know your way with lace and romantic things!
The picket fence with the arbor is dreamy too.
Well, if we would give up dreaming, that means the END.
Love to you,

Mariette

joanne said...

I haven't been by in awhile and was so surprised to see all the changes you've made...all of them absolutely lovely. Loving the layered white linens on the table, I have a small round dining room table that I'm going to try this one on, it just looks so girly and white is always wonderful. Glad you had a nice Easter, enjoy your week sweet Rebecca.

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

What an absolutely lovely table setting! The way you layered everything it looks so inviting, relaxing, pure and just beautiful. I am sure you had a truly special Easter meal. So you were visiting in my end of the country! I have shopped at that Home Goods in Covina, and know Pasadena very well. My church and school were there and I have many fond memories there. I am so glad you were able to visit your hometown. Take care! Hugs!

Jacoba said...

Your table looks so inviting. I love beautifully arranged table settings. And lace!!
The houses and gardens show that they have been given a lot of love and attention.
Happy day!
Jacoba

Sarina said...

It is simply beautiful!,
X,
Sarina

Jill said...

Stunning! Right down to the last detail..perfection.

Anonymous said...

Hi Beautiful Rebecca! Oh, your table is just gorgeous - like you! I too like your layered pretty cloths. I would have thought your faux blooms were real. Your meal sounds like it was so good. We just love pot roast.
Your wreath is beautiful. Oh, just everything - love those sweet houses and those picket fences too. Pitch a few fits and cry and tear up a bunch and I'll bet you'll get your way! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Love your table all dressed in whites!! ♥ And beautiful treasures from California ~ that lace panel is gorgeous!! Beautiful homes too :)

Unknown said...

I love the soft, sweetness of everything. Sounds like you had a fine time.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

This is just a beautiful table! I love the ruffled layers. I'm so glad you took pictures of some cottages. They look just like a storybook. Sweet as can be!

GennieG said...

I love all of your decor Rebecca. Your table is so beautifully set and the french doors are gorgeous. I love your wreath and the lace curtain was a major score. I have a Home Goods about 5 minutes from me and I have to stay out of there because it is the kind of place you can go crazy in.
The homes are beautiful that you photographed on your trip. Thank you for sharing all of this loveliness. I so enjoy your blog. Have a great week!

Tanza said...

Hello my sweet ~r~ friend,
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, seeing ALL your Cali. treasures, and pictures !! It was truly a JoY to spend some time with ALL of you !! Loved meeting your beautiful sister, brother, and his beautiful wife as well !!
I KNOW your van was FULL to the brim when I met up with you finally !! Can't wait to see everything you bought !! Don't you just LOVE treasure hunting, and making beautiful out of forgotten pieces ... YoU really have the touch with making everything beautiful once again ...
Loved seeing some of the pictures of the sweet homes we passed by !! Also, the top home was featured in a Spring Romantic Homes magazine, I just have to uncover that one and will let you know .. Then you can peek inside as well !! I'm just soo happy my friend didn't get run over running in the streets to snap these pictures !! hahaha .. what we will ALL do for pretty, speak to the heart places, home, and pretties !!
Again, so happy to see you again, and share special times, You are beautiful, and soo full of inspiration, love, and blessings .. keep sharing, and I'm soo off to Home Goods today !! Beautiful wreath ..
Loving and missing your sweet face ...
Have a happy,relaxing, creative day playing with all your new pretties ~
To the moon as always ~TeA~ xxoo

Julie Marie said...

Oh Rebecca, everything is just soo dreamy! Your table of lace is just exquisite... and I love your new wreath... we have a new Home Goods close by that opened not too long ago... looks like an emergency trip there is in order... also love the cottages with the picket fences... isn't that the American dream?... xoxo Julie Marie

Blondie's Journal said...

Your table looks divine, Rebecca, with all the soft white linens! Great ideas for making a less troublesome Easter dinner! I'll have to remember this!

Love the houses with the picket fences and lush gardens. Oh, to have weather like that!

XO,
Jane

Anne said...

Rebecca,
What a pretty setting.Love that lace you found.And those homes are so gorgeous.Wow I wonder if they people that live there know how lucky they are to live in a home that beautiful.
Anne

NanaDiana said...

What a beautiful post...as yours always are. I have a favor to ask of you ..if it is at all possible. Any chance that you could email me the picture of that first house with the picket fence? I won't use it anywhere but I want my son to see it as they are trying to figure out what to do with their front yard area. The house is VERY similar to theirs. If not- don't worry about it.

I hope you have a wonderful day. I am excited to see WHAT ELSE is in that box you shipped home. xo Diana

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hello Rebecca
I love all your whites, so pretty and feminine.
The house with the picket fence and arbour is one I'd love to have too - and a wrap around porch to sit out on during hot summer evenings.
Nice to dream at least.
Judith

Unknown said...

YOU are so sweet. Thank you for stopping by.

A Southern Rose said...

What a pretty tablesetting. I love how you layered the tablecloths. That wreath is beautiful too. :)


Hugs,
Lee Laurie

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Your Easter table is perfect! I have read many blogs about Easter dinner and no one eats ham, that's our tradition and I thought it was everyones....I am wrong! Great curtain find! Why is thrifting always better when you travel?

Carol

xinex said...

Wow! What a great deal on that lovely curtain. Love your table in white, so pretty and the house are just beautiful....Christine

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Crazy about those beautiful homes....and yours as well. Totally charming.

xoxoxo
S

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Beautiful tablescape! Visiting from White Wednesday.

Hugs,
Judy

Blog Archive