Tuesday, December 4, 2012

~MY TWENTY-FIVE CENT FRAMES...SWEET GIFTS FOR CHEAP~

~MY TWENTY-FIVE CENT FRAMES~

For those of you who love WHITE DECOR (or who have friends who do!) and are looking for sweet Christmas and Holiday gifts on the cheap inexpensive side, I hope you'll check out my PICTURE PERFECT POST from a couple weeks back (found HERE) just in case you missed it!!!

If your funds are tight this year there is no need for despair!  With a little paint and just a few hours of thrift-store shopping (or less if you are truly fortunate!) you can scratch many co-workers, family members and girlfriends off your Christmas Shopping list...and for only a few dollars!  Much less than the price of a single Christmas Card and postage stamp!
 ~MY MOMMA'S CHILDREN~
Sweet for a Cottage or Farmhouse Decor)

Everywhere I go I hear about the poor economy and it has certainly affected my family just like it has so many others.  Since I'm blessed to work with my hands full time I'm almost always able to come up with some little gifty thing for those special people in my life.  No matter how challenging the days are, how little the time I have left or how long my gift-list may grow, I can generally stay within budget and on schedule if I plan ahead.

I promise you, you can too!
 ~US KIDS WITH OUR DADDY 1973~

I don't know a person out there who doesn't like picture frames and they make lovely gifts.  I'm constantly scouring the shelves at Goodwill and our Bargain Thrift stores for sweet little frames that will serve me later on in the year.  Now that the Christmas Season has begun my transformation plan has kicked into high gear!
 ~MY RECENT HAUL- OLD ITALIAN FRAMES and MORE~

A couple of weeks ago I showed you a grouping of some petite photo frames I purchased at one of our local thrift stores.  I sought out and found LOTS of mini frames and made Christmas ornaments out of them.  They proudly hang upon my Christmas Tree this year!
 ~FABULOUS FINDS MADE IN ITALY~

Well...a few days ago I stumbled upon a few more super-incredible
FABULOUS OLD FRAMES
that are truly lovely!
Six are from Italy...how sweet is that?
Vintage Italian finds for a wee bit of my cashola!!!
(LOVE IT!)
 ~MORE PICS FROM MY PREVIOUS POST~
 
I'll be sharing more pictures of my FAMILY CHRISTMAS TREE soon!  Promise!
~TEN FRAMES for $5.00~

Sooo...here are pics of the ones marked .99.  I found them at Bargain Thrift and snagged them for half off (or .50 each) and the other ones (one being truly vintage) were only .45 each and from another thrift store.  The three frames at the top were found at a garage sale find and were only .25.  They were hunter green (ick) and had gold accents (much like the burgundy frame you see peeking out above).   

Anyway...just had to encourage you again to not despair over gift-giving for Christmas just in case you are.  I printed old one-of-a-kind photos out of my siblings and I (and one of my paternal grandmother) and once inside a special frame I plan on giving them as gifts this year to my two sisters and brother.  We don't exchange large gifts and we haven't for years so these sweet little mementos are perfect.  Besides...we all know it's not about the money...it's about the thought and planning than goes into each special gift.

Hope you are having a wonderful week.
I'm off to my studio to do more work play...

Love to you...
 

10 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Your frames turned out beautifully, Rebecca! What a great gift idea, too. I also love the idea that you used the smaller ones as ornaments. I have some gift projects to work on, too. Luckily, I should have everything here already to get them done.

NanaDiana said...

Rebecca-- What a wonderful idea. So inexpensive and yet so heartfelt. They make perfect gifts. Wouldn't they be cute with a plate of homemade cookies, or fudge, and you could frame the recipe? xo Diana

Mari said...

Hello sweet friend, I love your idea with the picture frames, I know how hard the times are right now, and this is a perfect way to give a sweet lil gift to someone special, thanks for always sharing your many great ideas ;)

Smiles~
Mari

The Quintessential Magpie said...

You are so clever, my friend! I love seeing what you do!

XO,

Sheila

Barb said...

Rebecca,

The picture frames are super sweet. Love how you have transformed them!

So pretty!

Love, B

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,
Lovely idea and those frames being from Italy means they're nice and well made!
Hugs to you,
Mariette

Anne said...

What a beautiful gift for someone! LOVE this idea so pretty!Next time I am out junking I am going to check out those frames!
xx
Anne

JD/ Jill said...

A great idea...and you made them look so beautiful...Your blog is just lovely (my first visit...)

Shabby chic Sandy said...

You found some great frames! I agree--great gifts--I am anxious to get mine on my tree. I finally got my tree today! Now the work begins :)

Debbiedoos said...

Beautiful work Rebecca! Your home looks absolutely beautiful. I do featured home tours of bloggers each week and you just came as a highly recommended one by my dear friend Carol. If you could email me...
micmanno@aol.com. No worries if you can't do it.

Blog Archive