Monday, February 10, 2014

~FORGET THAT BLUE~

A couple of weeks ago I shared some photos with you of a little chest of drawers I painted while taking a local class.  Well...now I'm showing you how it looks today!  Gone is the BLUE (just couldn't handle it, I'm afraid!) and today it is a soft white with a hand rubbed finish.  Couldn't resist adding some vintage French graphics and love how the original wooden knobs look with just a hint of dark wax.
The blue just had to go.
((BLUE-BYE-YOU!))

Honestly...the piece was a bear to redo.  In the future I'll be sticking with neutral tones and I'm going to let my fellow-booth-friend, Jared, offer stuff up with color.  :)

Tomorrow it's supposed to be freezing here in my town and then on Saturday the weather guy is forecasting a 70 degree day.  It's all so crazy, isn't it?

Love to you~

13 comments:

LindaSonia said...

Oh dear, I would have taken it off your hands in blue....

joanne said...

the blue was fine but I really love this look. Stick with what you know and love best!
I think the reason so many are sick right now is this crazy weather. Mother nature is pretty upset about something!

Jocelyne said...

Now that little dresser takes my breath away! I love it. If I was in your area I might of bought it. You inspire me so Rebecca!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I think the blue was pretty--but I like the white so much better! The weather is nuts everywhere it seems :)

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh Rebecca, that turned out just beautiful! I love the soft white and the vintage French graphics are just sensational. Great look! Have a great day and hope this crazy weather turns to spring weather soon!
Nancy

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful, Rebecca! The blue was pretty but this is definitely more "you". I think I mentioned it on your original post about this chest, but I have some pieces I'm going to be bringing home from my booth to neutralize as well.

Theresa said...

Much better:) Funny how we know each other so well! When I saw that blue, I knew it wouldn't stay that way! Have a blessed day dear friend, stay safe and warm! HUGS!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

It looked cute blue, but it just isn't you. I could see you do a pale robin's egg or sea glass blue, but it would have to be pale, pale in color. That being said, I love what you did with it. Looks great, and I bet it flies out the door!

xo

Sheila

BrushedByAnAngel said...

This was the first time I saw a piece of yours in anything but soft whites and pinks. It was nice but not as as soft as your other pieces. Love the graphics!
Brenda

Keith@ Vintage Crab Jewelry and Crafts said...

I liked it in blue but I love it now!

Unknown said...

Bravo ! ! Love it ! !

Cindy The Victorian Journey said...

Rebecca,
I always look forward to your blog even when I have been off a bit from blogging. Yours is the one I search for. This chest in it's new do. Is Perfect and love it!
Hugs,
Cindy

Jan Hermann said...

I must admit I didn't care for the blue. And, mind you, I'm not a white person...but, oh my the white on the chest with the Frenchie print, is gorgeous!

Blog Archive