Monday, March 4, 2013

~A JUNKIN' WE WILL GO! GREAT MAKEOVERS~

 

~GREAT TOILET BRUSH HOLDER~ 

My days continue to be busy and full and so it makes reworking cruddy old finds all the more exciting, albeit challenging!  Time, time, time.  Oh for more of it!
 ~SWEET LITTLE CABINETS~
(reproduced letter used to line the back!)

Last weekend my Mr. AGPMan and I scoured the city for thrift store cast-offs and we returned home a few hours later with an SUV full of incredible treasures.  Since my home is filled up and overflowing most items are destined for resale at my booth space at Serendipity Market.  I've worked my fingers to the bone and finished transforming several of my finds.  Another day of curing and they will be booth ready!

~LOVE THE DRAWERS~
 
I love soft white paint and I'm just amazed at what a couple of coats of it will do when it comes to giving tired old finds a facelift!  I love just about everything except the Corset picture below.  The corset is out of spec so I need to redo it.  Love the convex glass...original price was $4.98...marked down to $2.98 and then half off of that!  Great deal for $1.49!!!

~GREAT CONVEX GLASS PICTURE~
 ~SWEET SHELF~

Found this amazing shelf but it had a wee little promblemO!
~WHAT?  A HOLE???~

 If my guy hadn't been with me I'd have passed on buying it! SOMEONE drilled a HOLE through the top...  For what?   WHO KNOWS!!!!

~ALL FIXED UP~

I was thinking 'how am I going to fill that huge hole with wood-dough and have it work???'  Well...a wood plug (like from a dowel) was fit into the hole and wood-dough smooshed around it.  Then it was sanded off.... :)
~LOVING THE WHITE~

  Here's the shelf now...can't see the hole and the white paint and gentle distressing make it look fabulouso!!!
~SWOON~

The last thing I found is this amazing old suitcase.  I spent the entire evening last night ripping out the old lining and prepping it for a makeover...
~VINTAGE LUGGAGE RULES~

 Here she is so far!  Can't wait to show you the transformation of this little beauty!

Want to know what else we snagged?

Another wooden phone cabinet...you know, the kind that were built into the walls of old homes?  But the find of the day was a vintage 1940's Sirocco Clock with the original movement still in tact.  As soon as possible I'll be sharing that incredibly beautiful piece with you!

 Hope your week is fab!

Love to you...
 

12 comments:

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

I am LOVING all your fab finds and makeovers!! Love, Love, Love thrift shopping :)

xo Brenda

sharon's shabby creations said...

Love your make overs!!! Your little cabinets are amazing!!! Wish i lived just arround the corner!!!

Hugs Sharon

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

All beautiful transformations, Rebecca! I love everything you found, especially those two shelf cabinets. Everything always looks better with a coat of white paint!

Theresa said...

Beautiful transformations as always! Can't wait to see more:) Have a blessed week, HUGS!

Anne said...

Beautiful makeovers Rebecca!
xx
Anne

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Great Finds!! I love that pic you did... I know your booth must be a hit.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Blessed Serendipity said...

Inspiring and beautiful transformations Rebecca. Love the piece with all the little drawers.

xo Danielle

Marilyn said...

Well now, I decided to pay our GW a visit after school today and found NOTHING like your treasures!! NOT ONE THING like them. However, I did find a basket with horrible fabric covering the outside (not the inside) that I will rip off and make sure it gets into the dumpster so I can make it somewhat acceptable for our children's quiet bags for church time. I cannot stand the blue plastic tub they are in now. I think I'll try painting "a la Rebecca"! It will be pathetic, but I must try! Not saying your work is pathetic--mine will be the problemo. So when you think you are being followed, it might be me! If I ever finish this school year and get myself retired! Three more months!♥♫

NanaDiana said...

Wow- You have made some really great pieces just come alive with your makeovers. I love all that you have done- xo Diana

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Fabulous transformations...You have been sooo busy!!

Can't wait for the big booth reveal!

Carol

Shabby chic Sandy said...

You always do such a great job with your makeovers! They look wonderful. :)

White Lace and Promises said...

I honestly don't know how you do it! Awesome! Everything!

Blog Archive