Saturday, March 16, 2013

SWEET FRENCH TOTES THAT ARE NOT AS GOOD AS CAROL'S

Way back in November 2011 Miss Carol over at The Polka Dot Closet blogged about doing some absolutely amazing Market Bags and I was blown away by what she created!
(If you haven't visited TPDC you just MUST do so today!)

Anyway...I made a mental note of the post and also saved it into my favorites!  Well...bettahhhh late than nevahhhh...I'm finally making a few for my new local booth space even though I took the easy way out and skipped on adding the ruffles like C did!  At SOME POINT I plan on making a few similar to hers, but last night I was just tooo lazy to get that creative!!!
I decided to keep mine easy-peasy and opted to use transfers from Karen at GF!  Three came from her amazing blog and one transfer was made using a vintage lace wrapper from France that I snagged several years ago (Fancy Edging).
I tea/coffee tinted-stained the pre-made tote bags and then washed them by hand which left some of the soft color behind.  The white-white of the original bags was too bright and the ecru bags were just too yellowy for me!
(Gosh...sometimes I feel like I'm nevahhh happy!)
I love how they came out and I'm hoping they'll be good sellers for me!
I promised my Miss K we would tint one a light PINK for her and right now we are trying to think of something fun to transfer to the front!  She definitely wants her name in some fashion!  My idea was "K LOVES HER NANA" but she said that sounded TOO BABY for her!  :(  WAHhhAHHHHH...  She's growing up WAAAAayyyy too fast!

Hope your weekend is fabulous!  As soon as I can focus on my morning I'm off to JUNQUE with my favorite wee girl and The AGPMan!

Love to you...

15 comments:

Sue @ Miss Phoebes Perch said...

The bags are great, and you have a lovely blog. Thanks for sharing all! Sue

NanaDiana said...

Those are beautiful, Rebecca, and I imagine they will sell out quickly. Can't wait to see little Miss K's done! Have fun today- xo Diana

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,
Those bags with the tea/coffee staining look very nice. You are so right about the 'harsh' white look. Carol got the idea from Sissi I read.
Rebecca, could you PLEASE change the way we have to click your hyperlinks? I did a very easy tutorial on them last year so they open in a new window instead of moving AWAY from Ms. Rebecca's page. http://bit.ly/XJRtng
THANKS for considering! There would be a way around by right clicking but you have disabled that.
Sending you lots of hugs and enjoy your special Saturday together with Ms. K and your guy.
Hugs,
Mariette

Pondside said...

How pretty. I'm always in awe of the creativity I come across in blogdom, and I do love these bags!

Bente said...

The bags are so pretty. I think they will fly out of your shop.

Hugs

Trisha said...

I think they turned out great! The tea stain color is perfect!

~Trisha

Theresa said...

Love those totes and I bet they will be a big seller:) Have a blessed weekend, can't wait to see what you bought today! HUGS!

Becs said...

Hi Rebecca. Those are so sweet. I love the soft look they have! Becs

The Polka Dot Closet said...

YOurs are so gorgeous!! I expect no less, everything you do is gorgeous!!! You are to sweet to give a shout out, not necessary, but appreciated!! Yep, I can see a light pink one, Miss K has great taste. Hope your junk trip went well!

Carol

Dorthe said...

Dear Rebecca ,
thankyou for your loving comment on my blog-
so cosy to visit you again, and your totes are very beautifull.I love the graphics from Karen, such wonderful work,dear.
---Hugs from Dorthe

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Your tote bags look great, Rebecca! I have seen Carol's and I love the way she does hers, too. I've done a few tote bags {like these and those smaller shoulder ones}. I love the different ways you can embellish them or just do a graphic. I should probably do a few more of this size for my Etsy. I'm sure these will sell quickly for you.

Jonell w Harrison said...

Just when I think I have a permanent creative brain freeze someone LIKE YOU posts something that gets the creative juices bubbling..thank you,thank you!

Jonell

Elizabeth Johnson said...

I love your bags. You do the cutest things! Can't wait to see your shop.
~Elizabeth

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Rebecca!
You are always so gracious and sweet with your comments on my blog. You make my day!
I love your totes. I like the transfers that you are using and the idea of tea staining the canvas is brillant!
I know they will be big sellers.

hugs
Sissie

Annesphamily said...

Oh these are very sweet! Your talented heart is always shining!

Blog Archive