Saturday, March 2, 2013

~ANTIQUE GRAPHICS from THE HOME LIBRARY of USEFUL KNOWLEDGE~

     
I really didn't plan on being away from my blog for most of the week...just got sooo busy doing creating things for my new booth/shoppe at Serendipity Market I must have gotten lost in all the fun!
 
  Forgive Moi, will you????
 Today my Mr. AGPMan and I hit the thrift-store and tag sale circuit and we found several absolutely amazing things!
 I promise to share with you soon just what we uncovered, but today I just MUST show you my favorite find of the morning!
 I love estate sale hunting, but I don't like getting to a sale on day #2.
I've always believed the good stuff is pretty much gone if you wait to show up on the second day and I bemoan what I missed finding (even though I never really KNOW what I didn't get!).  :) :) :)
 Well...that wasn't true for me this time and I was over the moon to find everything was 1/2 off to boot!
 At our second stop of the day (in Bethany, OK) I found a simply incredible book from the 1880's called

THE HOME LIBRARY OF USEFUL KNOWLEDGE
 The entire cover of the book is missing, but that didn't keep me from grabbing it!
 I've been totally mesmerized by it for the past few hours and can't get enough of the fabulous vintage graphics and images packed inside!  Boy oh boy am I going to enjoy scanning in my favorite pictures...
 The book is fragile and oddly enough that kind of makes me happy.  No worries about dismantling it as lots of it's pages are already free from the antique binding!
Aren't the pics just beautiful?
 I already have plans for using many of them in upcoming pillows, towels and who know WHAT else! :)  As I scan some of my favorites I plan on sharing many of them with you in the days ahead!

Now...

Are you excited about Spring???  It's going to be almost 70 degrees here in Oklahoma tomorrow...can't wait to work in our suffering garden!

Hope your day was lovely!

Love to you...

4 comments:

joanne said...

that has got to be one of THE best finds EVAH!! you lucky girl...

Jocelyne said...

What a FIND! Love it.

Theresa said...

Oh what a beautiful find! I can't wait to see all that you will create using these gorgeous pages! Have a blessed day dear Rebecca, HUGS!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It looks like a gorgeous book, Rebecca! I would have been thrilled at that find myself. Lucky you with 70 degree temps! : ) We are still cold and expecting some kind of snow/wintry mix storm Monday night into Tuesday. I feel like Spring is never going to get here!

Blog Archive