Friday, March 15, 2013

~FRENCH PINK ROSE ATELIER SIGN~

Not too terribly long ago I shared with you an amazing little thrift store find...a fabulous canvas-covered wood sign that was in need of a repaint.

It had these flirty little metal complements on the top and bottom and the front had this great texture to it...
Here's what it looked like after it had been cleaned and primed!  It's propped up against my vintage hutch so you can see it's good sized!  Originally there had been a mannequin on the front but the background had been black and it was pretty scratched up~
I decided to paint ATELIER across the front which means WORKSHOP in French!
A pink rose floral bouquet was painted in the center and ROSES FRAICHES was added to the bottom.  This little sweetie is destined for my booth space at Serendipity Market.  Not easily shipped given it's size!

Today my Miss K and I are on the thrift store circuit!  Hoping to find some sweet things to paint up for my website.  It's continuing to suffer from lack of attention! :(

My guy has been in Kansas City all week and tonight he's flying back home!  There is something that happens to my brain when my guy leaves town...
It kicks into CLEAN-FREAK-MODE! 
Nothing like enjoying the weekend with a thoroughly spit-shined home!
No cooking tonight!
 We are celebrating with Chinese Takeout! :)

Hope your Friday is wonderful!

Love to you...

9 comments:

Mari said...

Your sign turned out just gorgeous ;)
I want it....whaaaaaa....lol

Winks**
Mari

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,
Love your 'Roses Fraîches' Market Atelier sign. Atelier is also Dutch. Sure we were occupied by the French for a long time so there is a lot of French in our language!
Enjoy your special time with Ms. K and have a wonderful Chinese take-out meal with your guy.
Hugs to you,
Mariette

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It's beautiful, Rebecca! I love the roses, of course, and the wording you did, too. It looks like it is a great size. Have a great weekend. Our son is coming in a weekend earlier than planned for a visit, so I'm looking forward to that.

Bente said...

Oh, that is just gorgeous. Love how you made your sign. YOU are the one with the talent, my friend.

Hugs from me

NanaDiana said...

The sign is gorgeous, Rebecca. You did a wonderful job on it. I am so glad you have little Miss K with you for a few days. I'll bet she is having a ball. Glad the man is coming home tonight- xo Diana

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Honey your sign turned out so pretty. I just love coming by here and seeing what you have created.
It was such a delight to find you had visted me and left such a sweet comment..
I truly miss you too.
My blogging has really been slow for a long time now
Too many things going on and not enough time to do what I want to do.
Love
Maggie

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

It is fabulous!! I hope you found lots of great stuff.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Elizabeth Johnson said...

Your sign is beautiful.
I do the same thing when my guy is gone. I jump into hyper "get it done" mode. Its kinda nice every once in a while.
~Elizabeth

Annesphamily said...

Oh how I love your sweet sign!

Blog Archive