Sunday, March 10, 2013

~DON'T QUIT~

I love the writing of Max Lucado.  In his book,
He Still Moves Stones
he shares this:

Just when the womb gets too old for babies, Sarah conceives (she was 70!).

Just when the failure is too great for grace, David is pardoned...

The lesson?  Don't Give Up!

So is the road ahead of you long?  Don't stop!

Is the night black?  Don't quit (it's darkest before the dawn!).

The check might be in tomorrow's mail.

The apology may be in the making.

The job offer may be on the desk.

Don't quit!
(You might miss the answer to your prayers!)

 ~DON'T QUIT~

When things go wrong and they sometimes will
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill
When the funds are low and debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit~
Rest if you must, but don't quit.

Life is strange with it's twists and turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a fellow turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow~
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a fair and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late when night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out~
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are
It may be near when it seems afar,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,~
It's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit.
(~~Author Unknown)

Hope your day is awesome!  

Love to you... 

14 comments:

Lily's Lace said...

Rebecca you have no idea how much I needed to see this post! Talk about divine intervention! I've been ill for 3 moths and I feel sooooo oh I don't even have a word for it! But thank you, you timing couldn't be better!!xoxoox-cindy

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Great uplifting post!

Betty said...

I love this. You don't know how much this post meant to me I will be writing them down and putting them on my frig to be reminded each day. Thank you.

Judith van Zo gezellig brocant said...

And so it is. Thanks!
greetings Judith

Julie Marie said...

Oh Rebecca... this just took my breath away!... I missed you so, I had to stop in and say hi... this "no blogging" for me is harder than I thought it would be... then, here is your post about don't quit when things seem rough... you inspire me so... my break has been good for me, but it is very hard to quit blogging, since I have done it for four years... maybe I need to take another look at it all and come up with something that I can live with without the stress I was getting from it... much love to you... please tell Miss K hello from me, xoxo Julie Marie

NanaDiana said...

That has been one of my favorite poems since I was a young girl. It was in the book Best Loved American Poems and I read that book from cover to cover many times. There is SO much truth in that poem- xo Diana

Nonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nonnie said...

Max Lucado is one of my favorites, too and I love the poem as well. Hope your day is blessed.

One of my favorite Max Lucado quotes was at the end of each radio program, Upwards. "Have a great day ... and don't forget to thank the One Who gave it to you."

Lisa said...

Thanks for the beautiful, encouraging words! Have a greta Sunday.:)

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Beautiful and awe inspiring...I am really working on not quitting...as my hubby says...it is NOT an option!

Unknown said...

I have that one framed in my room. It really helped me when I was at my worst. Amazing what we can go through and survive. This poem came at the right time for me!
Have a great day/week.

joanne said...

quitting would be the easy part and I never take the easy road! Have a beauty week friend.

Deanna said...

Thank you for sharing.
d

Annesphamily said...

Just what I needed! Hugs to you for blessing my day!

Blog Archive