Friday, April 26, 2013

~MAKING A TOTE BAG MADE OF VINTAGE LACES~

 I shared with you all few weeks ago that in early March I opened up at new Booth at Serendipity Market here in Edmond, Oklahoma!  Well...after just a few weeks of loving my wee little Space a larger Booth came open on the first aisle of the store.
 It's by a large window and so I jumped at the chance to take it.  It's not double my existing Booth, but maybe about one and a half times the size I'm currently in...
 I'm excited about having more room...but not about moving!  So...over the next week or so you probably won't be seeing hide nor hair of me...I'm going to be very busy!  I promise to show pictures...
 
 This morning I put the final touches on a Tattered Lace Tote Bag and it was so much fun to make.  Years ago I sold a lot of Shabby Cottage Totes on eBay...
But~ as styles and decor changed I just got away from making them and found myself moving onto things that weren't so labor intensive!  Totes take a lot of time to make...especially those layered with vintage laces.  They can get expensive to make, too!
 The picture above is of the reverse side of the Tote!
I snapped this one after layering the laces, but before assembling it!
I love the vintage linen used for the front side!  Sooo lovely!  Forgot to snap a picture of the inside...it's pale pink with soft white dots!  Did I say PINK????  I think I did! :)
 While scavenging around earlier in the week I found this fabulous vintage brass and glass lamp!  It is absolutely amazing...love those precious little cherubs at the base!
I'm going to work on transforming it over the weekend...  The lamp is actually in wonderful shape...just very dirty and a bit grimy!  I can't wait to see how it comes out...promise to share with you soon!

Hope your weekend is lovely!  My Mr. AGPMan and the Boys are sodding our backyard tomorrow!

(I'm sooo glad I don't know how to do that!)
:) :) :)

Love to you...

21 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hello sweet friend... your lace tote is just stunning... and I am so happy for you with your new place for your booth... with you at the front of the store, no one will even need to venture any further... I know I would just stay in yours!... much love, xoxo Julie Marie

Art and Sand said...

Love, Love, Love the little tote bag. I am going to visit my sister this summer and hope to go through my parents' garage. We have never cleaned it out. I hope I can find some lovely linens to copy your idea.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Bente said...

Oh my, what a gorgeous bag. You make such beautiful things. Wish I could look at your creations live. Your shop must be so fantastic.
Wish you all the best.

Hugs

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

I could definitely see myself carrying that bag!! I love the rhinestone closure. I can't wait to see the completed lamp I know it is going to be fab.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Marilyn said...

Putting in sod is A LOT of work! So is doing any cement work--I know from personal experience. You DON'T want to learn how to do that either! In about 14 days I will be able to do some things around the house and yard and I might even try sewing again. Haven't done any since I made my Sarah's wedding dress. The first thing I want to make is a bag, but I don't think it will be a lovely as yours! But I will try very hard!♥♫

Anonymous said...

First, much success with your new booth space! I'm sure you will do wonderfully. Secondly, I have two of these cherub lamps but someone painted them this fugly color & I know i'm going to have to work at cleaning them up before I can see their full potential. I'm actually thinking about converting mine into book ends with marble bottoms. :)

Now onto the tote. Your darn right dearest, they do take some time. Anytime you add a lot of embellishments, sewn down the lace or trim and then line up as your eye sees fit, TIME is what you are selling. It turned out beautifully & I'm certain it will scooped right up.

Again, best of luck with your new move.
Hugs
Tammy

Mari said...

Hello Sweetie, loveeeeee the bag my friend ;) it's simply stunning ;) oh and I'm excited to see how your pretty lamp turns out ;) hope all is well with you.

Hugs~
Mari

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Everything you do is so pretty. I know your new shop will be a huge success just as your other one has been. Love the tote, Becky. It's so LOVELY.

XO,

Sheila

Anne said...

What a beautiful bag Rebecca! Best wishes to you in your new space :-)
xx
Anne

Tamara said...

Rebecca,
That is so beautiful! Just breath-taking. It makes me think of Angels. Thank you for sharing and congratulations on your new space! I'm sure it will be most inspiring~
I hope to visit in the future. I have children in Tulsa.

Blessings to you,
Tamara

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,
That is a very romantic and lovely tote. Bet that takes up lots of time for making and lots of lace pieces.
Enjoy moving into a new booth.
Hugs,
Mariette

Stephanie said...

Oh Rebecca, this is absolutely gorgeous! Your creations always amaze me with their beauty :) Congratulations on your new space! Have a blessed weekend.

Hugs,
Stephanie

The Polka Dot Closet said...

LOve the tote! You are going to have one busy week. I just laid some sod in my yard this week...Want me to tell you how...maybe not LOL!

CArol

20 North Ora said...

Beautiful bag! You did an awesome job on it! Good luck in your new booth!

Judy

Mary Neylo said...

Hello, Rebecca.
So tender & beautifule tote bag! Vintage lace it's preety decorative materials, you fairy!!!

Jeannie B. said...

Oh, I love that bag! Wish I could just wander into your booth.

Theresa said...

Love that purse:) I think it is a work of art! Can't wait to see that lamp in it's new look! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Shirley said...

Good Morning Rebecca, I love your new tote and yes it is time consuming that much for sure. I am so glad that you got a bigger booth and at the front of the store. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs and Prayers from your Missouri Friend.

Lady Pamela said...

What amazing talent you have. God has truly given you a gift.
My, you are going (are) such a busy lady. Don't burn yourself out.
*Smiles*
Ladybug

Olivia said...

Ohhh, this is gorgeous! xoxo Olivia

A Southern Rose said...

So happy for you getting a larger booth and it even has a window! That's even better. I know you are going to have the prettiest booth there. I'm sure that you inspire the others to do more to pretty up their booths. I can't wait to see pictures. Also your tote is gorgeous. Those won't be there very long. I can't wait to see your lamp too. It is gonna be beautiful.

Hugs,
lee Laurie

Blog Archive