Thursday, April 4, 2013

~VINTAGE CARD MAKEOVER and SOMETHING TO MAKE YOUR EYES ROLL~

 
  I've been busy in my studio working on paper goods for both my website and my booth at Serendipity Market...time for some fun new designs and the reworking of a few older ones!
 I've sold Greeting Cards and blank Note Cards showcasing this sweet vintage card with baby shoes for several years now.  It's been one of my favorite images to transform.  I'm loving how it looks done in soft whites and sepia tones!  This way the pink roses are perfect for welcoming both a baby girl and a baby boy!  You can find them for sale here!!!
 Can you believe the vintage card used for making these Note Cards and Tags originally looked like this?  Dates back at least to the 1950's and probably 1940's.  This one took some work to transform, but it was all fun................................

How did I ever live without PhotoShop?????
 
Now...I'm probably going to get some serious
EYE ROLLS
when I tell you what I'm going to do with this
A*M*A*Z*I*NG
brand new, thrift store found, skirt!
Discovered at one of my favorite second hand haunts the skirt was manufactured/labeled Antonio Melani.  AM is a brand typically sold at Dillard's.  The skirt is made of soft white linen and includes beautiful embroidery and machine-made detail work.
 
The skirt is made up for 12 sections (gores) and the edges are scalloped.  Definitely high-end and absolutely lovely.
Because of it's circular style it's perfect for....
for....
for.......
Hmmm...so what do you think????  Can you guess???

Well...I know I'm thinking really FAR IN ADVANCE HERE...but that's just the way I am!  I plan ahead all year long for the holidays so if you are thinking a
Christmas Tree Skirt
 then you would be right!  It's going to be fabulous and I may just have to keep it! :)

(Now you can roll your eyes!)

Lots of fun things in the works around my La Chaumière de Briarwood...promise to share more soon!

Love to you...

19 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That card you made over is beautiful, Rebecca! I love the soft colors, too. Great skirt! I won't roll my eyes because I've used dressy dresses found at Goodwill as tableskirts for those decorator tables. They fit great and really dress them up. I reworked one for a table that is in my granddaughter's room. So pretty and hardly any sewing. I think your find will make a great tree skirt.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Thank you for giving permission to roll my eyes....I really didn't expect to hear the words Christmas!! I bet it will be beautiful...but I will wait until then!!

Rebecca Nelson said...

Ceekay...you are SOOOOOOOO funny! I knew at least ONE PERSON would comment on the Christmas thing! I've packed it away...does this help????

xoRebecca

NanaDiana said...

LOL- That is exactly what I thought of when you said it was round! I can't wait to see it- xo Diana

Maggie said...

Well, I'm not rolling my eyes because you're already planning next Christmas's projects (altho' I'm tempted).....I'm rolling them because you are an amazing BLOODHOUND for sniffing out unbelievable FINDS, and I am rarely so lucky. The details in that skirt are beautiful!! It'll be fun to see it transformed!

Becs said...

I really love the new cards. And that fabric is lovely. It will make a beautiful tree skirt. Becs

Unknown said...

That skirt is beautiful!!! I can just imagine what magic you will make with it.

Linda said...

Oh my word...that will make a wonderful tree skirt! What a great eye you have for finding great treasures on your buying trips!

Love, Linda

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Those baby cards are so darling!! If only I had a baby to buy for! The skirt will be perfect for a tree skirt. I just picked up a white tree skirt at good will I will be sharing soon.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I was going to guess lamp shades, but a CHristmas tree skirt sounds GORGEOUS. I think it will be perfect for that, Becky!!!

You always come up with the best ideas ever!

XO,

Sheila

Mari said...

Rebecca my dear its a great idea....lol
I was thinking you were going to use it as a table cloth lol.....

Smiles~
Mari

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,
My thought was to change it into a small table cover... I've never worked with a Christmas Tree Skirt so that would be hard for me to come up with such idea!
But indeed it is lovely work!
Enjoy your card making too.
Hugs,
Mariette

Helena White said...

Love Love Love! Rebecca, you are an inspiration. I love the card and the skirt is reminiscent of hand embroidery.
Hεlεɳa ♥ ωίԵђ Լ♥ϋє ♥ мємσяу вσχ cяєαтισηѕ

Barb said...

Rebecca,

Just saw your comment on my blog....have to tell you that Ron had to cut a channel in the concrete kitchen floor for electricity to the island. You cannot believe the dust....in my wildest imagination, I could have never come up with that! Shocking! We are looking at another month...it has been a long haul but will be worth it.

Your creations are gorgeous, as always.

Will return to normal blogging soon, I hope. Happy weekend.

xoBarb

Victorian1885 said...

Rebecca the new card design is fabulous! That lovely skirt will make the perfect tree skirt for your beautiful home! Have a great weekend my friend.

Hugs,
Wanda

Julie Marie said...

That is sooo pretty Rebecca... I think I would wear it as a Summer skirt... xoxo... Julie Marie

Ivy and Elephants said...

Hi Rebecca,
What a cool idea! It's going to be fabulous. I was thinking a table skirt or an ottoman cover, huh?! So, I'll keep my eyes peeled, (not rolling!) for a cute skirt, too. Thanks for the inspiration!
I love your cute note cards. You are creating such gorgeous things!
Hugs,
Patti

Theresa said...

Beautiful skirt and will make a beautiful tree skirt:) NO EYE ROLLING going on here, just a little jealous that you find such pretty things and find a use for them! Have a blessed Sunday dear Rebecca, HUGS!

ShabbyESP said...

It will make a beautiful tree skirt!!!
Love the baby shoes cards they are so sweet!!!
Hope you are doing well!!! I think of you often.
Suzann ~xoxo

Blog Archive