Monday, April 15, 2013

~MY 100 YEAR OLD CHIPPY WHITE ANTIQUE WATER PUMP!~

~SWEET ESTATE SALE FIND~

On Saturday morning my Mr. AGPMan and I headed out the door extra early so we could get to a local estate sale before the crowds settled in.  We were #14 and #15 in line and we were so excited for the doors to open!  Well...the sale turned out to be a total DUD so we quickly headed south into OKCity to visit another sale.  This one had already been underway for an hour by the time we got there!  I'm so happy to say this one was just as good as the one we visited a couple of weeks ago and that one seriously rocked!!!!   I couldn't believe the treasures we found...some for us and some for my website and local booth... 
~AT HELEN KELLER'S WATER PUMP - 2010~

All that said...by the time we loaded everything up, hauled it home and found a place to temporarily store it all (aka: GAW-RAJ) we were beat!!!  Finding room was a bit of a challenge as our kitchen remodel is STILL underway (which also includes a new downstairs full bath and laundry room).  All the supplies and fixtures are being housed in our garage.  Our SUV and car don't even know what it's like to be sheltered from the Oklahoma storms anymore! BAH!
~FABULOUS MAPLE DRESSER w/MIRROR~

Anyway...showing you just a couple of pics of what we snagged.  I'll share more when the makeovers are done....
~2 DIE 4 FRENCH WRITING DESK - SECRETARY~

My favorite find of the day was the 100 year old (plus) antique water-pump you see at the top.  It was already painted WHITE and it's chippy-wonderful!  It's either going in the flowerbed you see OR in our backyard.  I don't want the thing stolen even though someone would probably need a CRANE to haul it away!
 
~VINTAGE LACE - $1 PER CARD~
(WHAT????)

Finding it reminded me of the fabulous trip my hubby and I took to Tuscumbia, Alabama in 2010.  We stopped to see the birthplace of Helen Keller and just had to have a picture taken at her water-pump!

Love the maple dresser (hmmm...black like Pottery Barn or WHITE!  We'll see!) and that French Desk is darling.  Not sure WHAT was goin' on with the paint job tho.... 

And the lace?  Just speechless.  This is just a SMALL sampling of what I brought home.  Destined for life beyond those cards...
~GORGEOUS DRIED HYDRANGEAS~

Now...one last thing to tell you...

See the pretty dried Hydrangeas?  Well while my Mr. AGPMan was loading up the heavy stuff I noticed a large Hydrangea Bush in the front yard that was covered with spent blooms.  Well...there were at least 100 naturally dried flowers/heads that were soon going to be completely worthless if they weren't clipped off and given some TLC.
 ~CREAMS-WHITES-TAUPES-BROWNS~

I just couldn't have that...so I marched myself slithered right back inside the house and boldly sheepishly asked if I could dead-head the bush.  They all just looked at me like I was  slightly disturbed or something and then said sure...'just don't dig up the plant'.  (Like MOI would do such a thing!)
Every drawer in the maple dresser was filled with dried hydrangea blooms and I can't wait to play around with them!

I have a super-busy week ahead of me.  After only a few weeks of being in my brand-new-booth space I'm moving it to a larger site in the Market at the end of the month!
Sooooo......
  I need to get to work on filling her up!
(More about this soon!) 

Hope your Monday is happy and blessed.

Love to you...  

19 comments:

Art and Sand said...

The maple dresser is nearly identical to my dresser -mine has a little bit more detail and is totally scratched up. I was going to paint it Annie Sloan Greek Blue last week, but I was injured. Hopefully next week.

I will check back to see what you do with your dresser.

Sue @ Miss Phoebes Perch said...

I love your finds and enjoy your beautiful blog. You have inspired me to go outside and look at my old hydrangea blossoms still on the bushes. I know that most of them are kind of messy looking, but I will take your lead and salvage what I can! I love that you dead-headed someone else's bush! Sue

Theresa said...

Girl... you hit the jackpot with the lace AND the dried hydrangeas:) Loving the pump!!! Have a blessed week sweet friend, sounds like you have a busy one ahead! HUGS!

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Wow Rebecca! You sure do find the deals. How wonderful that you are going to a bigger space.... I am not sure if I could keep up with a bigger space. I am constantly working to keep up with my tiny space. It is so much fun!!

Blessings to you,
Amy Jo

Julie Marie said...

Oh sweet lady, reading your posts about your estate sale finds is just like reading a fairytale!... you find the most beautiful tresors!!! I LOVE that old water pump!... when we had out little farm, we were on a well, and we had an old pump... I wanted to take it with us when we moved but it was impossible (would have collapsed the well)... I would definitely put that baby in your back yard so no one steals it!... and that lace!... and hydrangeas... ok... you have the midas touch... can't wait to see it all after you give it new life... love to you, xoxo Julie Marie

Anonymous said...

Well now, there's just something about a writing desk that harkens me to it. As one who actually still sends out stamped envelopes, it would be cherished here in this house. I can already see it redone. The dresser, now that is a gorgeous piece. One I would have to pause on albeit only for a second on whether or not to paint it. In this area, it would sell in it's natural state as easily as it would painted. Have fun with your new finds! hugs. Tammy

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,
Love your treasures and that Queen Anne Secretaire will see a big transformation; I'm sure!
You're funny with the dead heading of the hydrangeas but smart idea. Love the lace loot as well. And your pump...
Hugs,
Mariette

Bente said...

Oh, LOVE that waterpump. It`s gorgeous.

Hugs

BrushedByAnAngel said...

Rebecca, you find the most wonderful treasures! The pump reminds me of the one we had when I was young. The water was so good and so cold! You are going to be one busy lady for the next few weeks. Have fun.
Brenda

Maggie said...

Oh, my little Bloodhound friend....HOLY TOLEDO. Once again, a major score. It's scary, how magnetic you seem to be with the 'good stuff'. The lace cards for $!???--ridiculous!

Awesome finds. But what else should I expect?? Tee hee. How wonderful that you are moving to a bigger booth space....you will have NO problem filling it :-)

Maggie

Anne said...

What beautiful finds and you will turn them into beautiful treasures!
xx
Anne

Donna said...

You find the best deals! I love it all but the pump and the lace is magnificent!
Hugs,
Donna

20 North Ora said...

Sounds like you had a fun day! Isn't that the way it is - the sales you are eagerly anticipating are kind of a let down. Then you happen upon one that's a real winner. That's funny about the hydrangeas!

Judy

Brandi said...

You found some really neat things. I love the pump painted white.

Jonell w Harrison said...

and my mailbox set atop an old pump like this...amazing no one has run into it and taken off with the pump...I have to tell you about the hydrangeas...I have done the same thing..I WILL BEG FOR HYDRANGEAS...if I have no blooms I will stop by a friends house [or a stranger] and ask for them..some hv sent their husbands to my door with THEIR OVER FLOW OF HYDRANGEAS in hand saying: "My wife said you would enjoy having these"..Fresh, dried or dyed..not picky CAN'T WAIT to see the re dos.

Jonell

Lady Pamela said...

The pump is amazing! Sounds like you have alot going on at your house.
I love your posts, I do not know why I didn't sign up for the emails years ago. I also love how your call me 'ladybug'. Very endearing.
Thank you so much.
*Smiles*

Deanna said...

Becky Sue, You get the neatest stuff!
God blesses you,
d

Mom E. said...

OH, MY!
What a lovely day for youy and your hubby!
Those are amazing items and that lace.....$1 a card? Wow, isn't it nice when you find someone who doesn't know what they are selling is worth so much more?
the laces are beautiful, can't wait to see what else you found! So happy for you!
Hearts,
Betsy

Mom E. said...

And, I LOVE your hydrangea story,
I would have done the same thing! LOL
Betsy

Blog Archive