Wednesday, April 24, 2013

~AND SEW IT GOES...MORE FRENCH EPHEMERA PILLOWS~

My life over the past few days has been super busy and hectic.  Most of your who read my blog know my Mr. AGPMan was in school for 18 months and so for the past two summers our yard has been, well...hmmmm....
NEGLECTED!

Last July the heat of the sun successfully burned up the little bit of grass we had left in the backyard while the weeds overtook the front.  It's all overwhelming to be honest with you because I don't have a green thumb and my guy really doesn't either.  I'm seeing dollars and more dollars skip right outta my bank account with each dandelion pulled.  UGH!
  Anyway...we spent Saturday moving overgrown shrubs and tearing out sick ones, all the while measuring for fresh new sod to replace what we lost.
My La Chaumière de Briarwood has seen better days.  All this work while we are STILL working on our kitchen remodel (yeah...the one I started blabbing about a LONG TIME AGO!).  When you are do-it-yourselfers it's SLOW GOING!
Yesterday I worked ALL DAY LONG stitching up new French graphic and vintage lace Pillows in my studio and so today I'm going to clean up the big mess I made.  Honestly...you'd faint if you saw it...stuff is everywhere!  I purchased ten yards of a soft, pale taupe (beige) cotton and successfully used up ever single bit of it.  Hope to get these pillows (gasp...and a few pink rose ones) on my website later this week!
My beautiful daughter, Adrienne, and her sweet hubster, Micah, both graduate from college in three weeks.  I can't believe it!  When she married her beloved back in 2007 she promised me she would finish and she has!!!!  Hard to do when you are young bride and working full time.  I'm so proud of them both...more about this soon!

Hope your week is wonderful...be back when I can squeeze in some down time!

Love to you...

17 comments:

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Rebecca. It sounds like you have a busy family and you have every right to be proud of their accomplishments. Those pillows are just lovely. I love how the ruffles look..Happy Tuesday..Judy

Sue @ Miss Phoebes Perch said...

Your pillows are gorgeous! I know what you mean about the yard work. We spend every available minute out there or it really gets away from us. Once the hot summer comes, we hope to be done with it! XO

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Your pillows are beautiful.Yard work...we just started on some of ours yesterday. It's wonderful when it's over LOL :)

Blessings to you,
Amy Jo

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

What pretty pillows Rebecca! Lots of detail work! You are like the rest of us and yard work. It gets done in increments...weather is one obstacle and another is time. It will happen, one of these days. ~Hugs, Patti

Julie Marie said...

You have been a busy lady my friend... we lost alot of things in our bad east canyon winds of several weeks ago along with the freezing temps we had with them... it has been a long clean up here too... but... my roses are starting to green up and that makes me happy!... love love love your new pillows!... especially the one with the pocket in front... I know you are a go~getter and will have all of your projects done in no time!... much love to you, xoxo Julie Marie

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Your pillows are stunning, as always, Rebecca! I can sympathize with the yard work issue. I remember when I went back to work full-time, I wasn't able to keep on top of my garden beds the same way. I miss the look of those beds at our old house, but not the maintenance! I do have plans to put some plants in around the condo to try and bring some of my favorite flowers I had in NY here.

Unknown said...

Your pillows are exquisite! So glad your hands are doing so well.

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Beautiful pillows Rebecca! don't work too hard now and hurt your hands again. I know it is never ending keeping up with a house. always something to do.

Love to you!
Debbie xo

Lauri said...

Ack! ~ Don't even talk about yard work! ~ Our son has been working to keep ours trimmed up & decent, but we've had winds like crazy for 3 days, and now the guy is outside trying to corral all the dropped pine needles, little bits of tree leaves (that got knocked off by the wind right after they popped out!) and whatever else has grown in for spring...He'll work himself to pieces at the rate things are going!

Unknown said...

You have been busy! I love the pillows. Your daughter is amazing! That is really an accomplishment. Sounds like a strong work ethic runs in your family.
I wish we could get out and plant some things. :( Still pretty wet here. We are still getting snow flurries. But it is getting better and I am appreciating each new bit of plant growth I see each day. This time of year is exciting as I never know what I will find coming up when I take a walk outside. I have cannas started in the house and they seem to be growing an inch a day so hopefully the weather will cooperate soon. :) You will have to take pictures when you get your yard spruced up. I love pictures of how people landscape. I bet it will be gorgeous!

Joolz said...

Oh your cushions are just divine! I love the ones with the pockets!

Judith van Zo gezellig brocant said...

Well, your pillows are beautiful! I realy love them. And lately we see more fake grass. It looks real and it is perfect. No weeds! Maybe that is a idea?
Have a nice week!
greetings Judith from so cozy vintage (Holland)

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Your pillows as always are just so lovely.
I feel your pain about the yard work. It seems it is a never ending project out here and I wish I could borrow a husband or two to help me with flower beds. lol
Love
Maggie

The Polka Dot Closet said...

YOur pillows are gorgeous. I had a bug eat up my front lawn last year in a matter of a week, they are called chinch bugs...Deadly. Anyway I replaced it all, money and work! But, so worth it

Carol

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your pillows are beautiful. When I sew the whole house becomes a mess--with thread everywhere. Good thing I don't sew too much :) Maybe if you sell enough pillows you can hire a gardener?! :)

Theresa said...

Beautiful creations:) I know the yard work is hard to fit in but you will be soooo happy that you did it! Congrats to Adrienne and her hubby! I know you are SO proud! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Pendra said...

Oooooh so beautiful, worth all the mess for sure!!

Blog Archive